• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

Price tightening up near end of a triangle, it is going to break hard up or down.... considering very low volume could go down. Also there have been some other TA folks that thought this week would be solid but all based on volume and that has been low all week. Really need a catalyst to spring board the PPS but as long as they are focusing on negotiations I don't worry about the daily PPS movement too much.
When are earnings? Do you know off hand?

They'll hit it around earnings for sure.
No doubt.... this is how EC will go. Volumes will spike and price will rise leading up to earnings but this is where it gets tricky. For me, I'm an investor and holding for M&A news (it's coming and I think $5B is the minimum), but for those that don't care about that and look to steal some profits, buy the week leading up to EC and probably can sell that day with decent profits, it does come with a small risk so definitely sell before the CC. My luck, this would be when they announce something and I'm out, again I have fomo on this one so I just hold. Daily PPS really doesn't bother me one way or the other

After reading what I did late last night about GME on reddit, I'm pretty happy it jumped like it did today. Those hedge fund people and firms had been following WSB in recent weeks, and apparently the GME short being busted up was their final straw and it was just a matter of "who" in how they were going to target GME, which turned out to be Citron.

Which obviously didn't work, and if something like this is actually true, WTF?

wow.jpg

It wasn't just GME that WSB autists were targeting either today, they were targeting AMC, BBBY, and SKT just for starters. It was crazy.

Speaking of shorting, that might be one of the role players in why we may have a short term top soon. Hedge funds have recently cut their shorts in ES from 34.8k to 1.9k. Less shorting/put buying means less cover for a drop. Another is that while this week was a good week, it wasn't as widespread of a rally as it has been (some sectors struggled), which can be an indicator of a short term top.

After reading what I did late last night about GME on reddit, I'm pretty happy it jumped like it did today. Those hedge fund people and firms had been following WSB in recent weeks, and apparently the GME short being busted up was their final straw and it was just a matter of "who" in how they were going to target GME, which turned out to be Citron.

View attachment 67147

It wasn't just GME that WSB autists were targeting either today, they were targeting AMC, BBBY, and SKT just for starters. It was crazy.

Speaking of shorting, that might be one of the role players in why we may have a short term top soon. Hedge funds have recently cut their shorts in ES from 34.8k to 1.9k. Less shorting/put buying means less cover for a drop. Another is that while this week was a good week, it wasn't as widespread of a rally as it has been (some sectors struggled), which can be an indicator of a short term top.
Get wrecked citron

View attachment 67147

Over on WSB they are saying these claims by Left are totally false. The stock market is a game rigged by the rich. I have no sympathy for these guys either way. Unlimited capital stealing from retail investors. They do it every day. Big bank always takes little bank..but not this time. Get rekt.

good luck sir. don't have the balls to do it myself.

Ended up selling these and took the profits and bought $50/$42 put spreads for $2. Let it ride. I am thinking it pops again on Monday but I expect a rug pull soon.

I've got two best guesses now:

A. We're about to end a close to 3 month move similar to what happened from June to early September 2020 soon where the Nasdaq jumped 27% and once it breaks, it'll lose 10-12%. But it will ultimately not be the end, it will just be a dip then probably consolidation before moving higher again. (reason I put the focus on the Nasdaq is if it breaks, everything breaks, and from November 10th on, it's ultimately shown 0 interest in breaking)

B. The Nasdaq is about to just go completely crazy like it did in that 1999-2000 massive long term blow off top and once that ends, the names that will take the biggest hit will be speculative tech names. They will get absolutely smoked and you'll see the Nasdaq take a big haircut off this.

For now, both options are on the table, but it's teetering really close to B, and THIS would be a real eyebrow raiser for me.

It wouldn't surprise me if we continued to hold up/move higher through big tech and Tesla earnings on the 27th, but if we don't reverse after that, we really have to be considering that B is the option here.

My financial advisor wants me to start moving money from large cap/growth to international....to have a plan at the least. First time they ever told me that. This is for my long term investments. It’s what they are telling there clients. The Fed is going to be pumping money in for some time but when that stops and they start pulling money out...

My financial advisor wants me to start moving money from large cap/growth to international....to have a plan at the least. First time they ever told me that. This is for my long term investments. It’s what they are telling there clients. The Fed is going to be pumping money in for some time but when that stops and they start pulling money out...
I'm not sure how I would feel if an adviser told me that, surprising to hear.

I'm not sure how I would feel if an adviser told me that, surprising to hear.

I'm not too sure it'd do much good either. It makes sense, but the global markets have been running with us (there hasn't been an EXACT correlation, but for example, the Nikkei is still at a multi-decade high and last week the Hang Seng briefly traded above 30k for the first time in a couple years), and if we go, the global markets likely go too.

The correlation that I can see is that there will likely be a point where the tech trade stops working. But there's no telling on when this point is going to happen. Like I still think we see a short term top soon, but that there will also be more to this story before it ends...

Back