• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

Yall be sure to send all our neighbors(Gawx,Shaggy,Downeast etc) who voted for JB a Thank you card at the end of the year.

What do y’all think about shorting game stop ? Overvalued company with a dead business model . It should be on its way out but the Wall Street Bets autists are driving it up

Yall be sure to send all our neighbors(Gawx,Shaggy,Downeast etc) who voted for JB a Thank you card at the end of the year.

"But Trump always demanded to be compared with his predecessor, Barack Obama, and there he fell short. The Dow gained 72% during Obama’s first term, 14 percentage points better than it did during Trump’s term, though it was better than the 46% rise during Obama’s second term." ?

What do y’all think about shorting game stop ? Overvalued company with a dead business model . It should be on its way out but the Wall Street Bets autists are driving it up
I am mostly out over 40 now. When I bought in the 4s originally my thought was this was one of those stocks that kids at home on robinhood would eat up and drive up the share price....and that happened but never thought 40 dollars a share. It will head down at some point when reality sets in but if those same guys get some more stimulus money who knows.

Can someone explain to me, in simple terms, how to do calls and puts? I tried reading online, but it confuses me.

Can someone explain to me, in simple terms, how to do calls and puts? I tried reading online, but it confuses me.
Think of them as contracts. If you BUY a call option (contract) you have the right to buy shares at x strike price by x date no matter the market price - you want price to go up. If you SELL/Write a call option you are on the other side of that - you collect the premium the buyer paid but are forced to sell your shares at that strike price (you want price to stay below your strike price).

Put is the opposite ... same concept but buyer has the right to SELL shares to the contract writer at x price. Buyer wants the market price to go down.

How to purchase them depends on your brokerage. You might have to request access.

Back