• This website or discussions about the COVID-19 virus outbreak should be taken as entertainment. For official information on how to plan and prepare, please go to The Offical CDC Homepage By Clicking Here
  • Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Stock Market

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
Reaction score
Purchased 500 shares of WIMI on Friday morning at $ 7.19. Sold later that morning at $8.95 thinking it wouldn't break $9 since that was the premarket high, Thursdays close was $4, you would think it would cap out by $9 for the day. I thought I was so smart...here was the chart when I sold. I thought I was the man...but...

View attachment 44046

Unfreakenbelievable...look what happens, never stops going up...all the way to $23+. 🤬

This pulls back back to $15 or so I will hop back on. It has a huge gap to fill now back to $14.

View attachment 44045
You should really check out MVIS before it skyrockets. And check out the. MVIS group on Reddit, unbelievable information and unlike any other reddit group I've seen.

HBTX is another one about to go boom

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
Since there's no Corona thread right now, I'll just post it here...

I know my 17 year old self wouldn't have done well with online schooling. That version of myself was badly addicted to playing Mario Kart Wii and I needed the structure that in person school, going to my grandparents, and also being a huge fan of college football brought. I loved my senior year of high school even though I was probably one of the middle kids at best in popularity. I hate that some kids are likely going to miss out on that year.

Now 25 year old me might go hybrid if allowed assuming I am accepted (but I do have a strange reason, while I do think you should wear masks if you can't distance, I'm just not acclimated to doing it) but I KNOW I couldn't have done mostly online as an older teen. I'd have probably rushed through my work, then been playing video games 5+ hours a day on the reg. I'm already playing them more than I have in quite a while right now even though I have more self control than I did back then.

Also if California is apparently starting to fully shut down again like someone claimed, my aunt and step uncle might be stuck.

Edit: Looks like they are. Whoops. Hopefully my aunt and step uncle can get out and back to their home in the Sarasota/Bradenton area (even though that isn't much better).

Lickwx

Reaction score
Just made my first real profit off a stock! 100 dollars . Sold my shares of VXRT at 14.93. It has really took off last 2 days though I think it will come back down . Will buy back in when it does , real chance of it soaring is when this vaccine news comes back.

snowlover91

Reaction score
Just made my first real profit off a stock! 100 dollars . Sold my shares of VXRT at 14.93. It has really took off last 2 days though I think it will come back down . Will buy back in when it does , real chance of it soaring is when this vaccine news comes back.
Yeah I sold and got my cost basis out of it and now I'm riding 120 shares for free. Holding those long term as I think it has a lot of catalysts coming up that could really move things in a positive direction. Also got some BOXL today, could be a good play with some states announcing online schooling due to covid-19.

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
Solid day overall right now but I have to wonder if whether the China information at 5:00 is going to cause an after hours dump.

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
Well I leave watching the market for a half hour to do a meeting and see that because nothing makes sense anymore, we ended up higher than where we were yesterday at the highest on the DOW.

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
Reaction score
Wish I had left all my shares in MVIS, dang it, pulled some out to buy HBTX (which has potential but not there yet) but MVIS is on the move and still approaching buyout soon I'm sure. This has such major potential!!

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
Reaction score
MVIS and HBTX, money in the bank.... not too late if some of you want to jump on the Microvision train. At BO this thing could be anywhere from $7 - $20 PPS

snowlover91

Reaction score
BOXL running today, it dipped as low as $1.70s yesterday and has topped out around $4.50 so far today. Some profit taking with it at $3.90 but I expect it to gradually work up until the afternoon when the Samsung info comes out. The details of that could really spike it or cause a massive sell off depending on what the partnership looks like.

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
Reaction score
BOXL running today, it dipped as low as $1.70s yesterday and has topped out around $4.50 so far today. Some profit taking with it at $3.90 but I expect it to gradually work up until the afternoon when the Samsung info comes out. The details of that could really spike it or cause a massive sell off depending on what the partnership looks like.
Picked up a small amount of this yesterday, sold with a $1 pps profit this morning just so I could reinvest in my "I'm sold out on MVIS" play. Wish I had invested more and just waited but it was a gain either way for me so....

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
Reaction score
Are the details of the merger definitely coming out today?

snowlover91

Reaction score
Are the details of the merger definitely coming out today?
Samsung has something from 2-2:30 today in their conference where they are going to discuss some new things in regards to education and some info has leaked out about BOXL partnering with Samsung. No official PR or word from BOXL yet but it is running in anticipation of an announcement later today. Sometimes the best runs are simply riding the rumor/speculation before taking profits.

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
Reaction score
Samsung has something from 2-2:30 today in their conference where they are going to discuss some new things in regards to education and some info has leaked out about BOXL partnering with Samsung. No official PR or word from BOXL yet but it is running in anticipation of an announcement later today. Sometimes the best runs are simply riding the rumor/speculation before taking profits.
Got'cha... was trying to find some info on boxlight's website but it's not working atm (maybe too many of us trying to do some DD to see if news lol). Thanks for the info. I've seen some comments on stocktwits but more times than not those folks are well less then useful

snowlover91

Reaction score
Got'cha... was trying to find some info on boxlight's website but it's not working atm (maybe too many of us trying to do some DD to see if news lol). Thanks for the info. I've seen some comments on stocktwits but more times than not those folks are well less then useful
Yeah I was able to visit their website yesterday evening and browse the page with the Samsung info, I've also seen a few things leak out from Samsung's conference and where they referred to BOXL as a partner so it all seems to be pretty good. Now what happens this afternoon is a complete guess... I've seen these spike hard on the news or sometimes I see them crash on the news if it isn't what is expected or the news was already priced in and people take profits so tread carefully.

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I was able to visit their website yesterday evening and browse the page with the Samsung info, I've also seen a few things leak out from Samsung's conference and where they referred to BOXL as a partner so it all seems to be pretty good. Now what happens this afternoon is a complete guess... I've seen these spike hard on the news or sometimes I see them crash on the news if it isn't what is expected or the news was already priced in and people take profits so tread carefully.
1594919452385.png

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
Reaction score
Yep just needs an official PR now, I sold about half of what I have out this morning to get my cost basis out and the rest is free shares. I'm watching it closely to see what it does during the conference from 2-2:30 this afternoon and if a PR follows shortly after.
Yeah, so far no real news...... could've been a classic pump and dump. I didn't go whole hog on it or nothing, so if they announce and it takes off, I'm good, if it falls flat, oh well I've lost more on dumber stuff Lol

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, so far no real news...... could've been a classic pump and dump. I didn't go whole hog on it or nothing, so if they announce and it takes off, I'm good, if it falls flat, oh well I've lost more on dumber stuff Lol
And it's official, just like that, fuse lit on that rocket...... lol