• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

Y'all can't freeride the market, lol. You have to wait until funds settle before you use them to buy the security, unless you have a cash position large enough to cover the trade.

If you have $100 and you buy $100 worth of Ford, you now have $0. When you sell $100 of Ford, you now have $100. So far, so good?

Now, if you turn around and buy Ford again with any of that money before the previous sell trade settles, that's a no-no. However, if you had additional cash reserves beyond the $100 that you got from your sale of Ford, and you use THOSE to buy Ford, then you're good.

You have to allow time for trades to settle if you're going to use that same cash to move in and out of the security.
I'm waiting on funds to hit my Schwab account that I transferred over this last Friday, 4/10...Normally they show in the Schwab acct on Monday...I guess with Good Friday and Easter, it's taking an extra day...It won't go into my acct until tonight...I'll be able to trade tomorrow...Got my eye on several that I'm chompin' at the bit to get

Y'all can't freeride the market, lol. You have to wait until funds settle before you use them to buy the security, unless you have a cash position large enough to cover the trade.

If you have $100 and you buy $100 worth of Ford, you now have $0. When you sell $100 of Ford, you now have $100. So far, so good?

Now, if you turn around and buy Ford again with any of that money before the previous sell trade settles, that's a no-no. However, if you had additional cash reserves beyond the $100 that you got from your sale of Ford, and you use THOSE to buy Ford, then you're good.

You have to allow time for trades to settle if you're going to use that same cash to move in and out of the security.
But what if I sell that stock for a small profit, then I take that profit and buy an additional share of a long range investment at a "cheap" price.....that's a yes-yes. No?:D

But what if I sell that stock for a small profit, then I take that profit and buy an additional share of a long range investment at a "cheap" price.....that's a yes-yes. No?:D
absolutely! But if that long term investment were to tank right after you bought it, you can’t sell it! You are stuck until your funds settle! Sorry for the inconvenience. Enjoy the ride ? Next stop? Bankruptcy!

Ok smart people . Apparently USO has a roll date of today what in the bloody hell does that mean ? I only have four days before I dump this POS before the RS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok smart people . Apparently USO has a roll date of today what in the bloody hell does that mean ? I only have four days before I dump this POS before the RS

I dumped UCO today. Such a turd. Then I invested it into an even stinkier turd known as JDST ? fml

ROFL . I’m starting to believe CPE is a turd as well

I like it because I don’t have to chase it to load more lol. I think the debt restructuring talk is what’s keeping it on the loading dock for now. I will continue to load and load and load. It’s the only turd I’ve got right now. I like it right where it’s at. It also presents a nice 10-12% day trade opportunity on any given day

Commodity futures have contract rolls where they begin pricing off of the next month's contract pricing. It's a little weird. Nothing to worry much about unless you're trading futures.

Can someone explain to me what Maintenance required means? I have read several things about it, but I still just don't quite understand it.

UCO and CPE are now moving after hours

993cbf86d9f2322690303e4cf48b43cf.plist

Unless you have a margin account

Back