• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Spring Severe Weather Thread 2017

NGA looks to be under the gun for severe tomorrow afternoon/ night
It's interesting setup for Severe weather for NGA sorta moving SE instead of what one would be more familiar with a NE storm track from the West, but SCape is definitely high for N. Georgia/Tennessee parts.

If shear was better in the area this most likely would've ramped very strongly..but doesn't look like much shear currently

day2otlk_1730.gif

Looks like the bumped up the threat for tomorrow
4k NAM looks a oriented differently on 18z compared to 12z run as far as storms at 23z?

day2otlk_1730.gif

Looks like the bumped up the threat for tomorrow
4k NAM looks a oriented differently on 18z compared to 12z run as far as storms at 23z?

Models keep shifting a little south with each run . That 4K run just takes it to another level with the shift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAM continues to show stronger storm signals for upper area of Georgia tomorrow, it's intensified each run and ticked further south on 4k and 3k runs, be interesting to see next couple of runs and HRRR

Not SE, but this is interesting to see. Despite the severe weather risk, we seem to have per SPC less of a tornado potential, none at all, than California. I rarely see any tornado risk out there.
day1probotlk_1200_torn.gif

Back to the SE, the HRRR is showing 2300+ SB CAPE in North Georgia later this afternoon and evening. There could be some nasty cells developing.

Last edited:
Man the pattern is extremely active over the next few weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not SE, but this is interesting to see. Despite the severe weather risk, we seem to have per SPC less of a tornado potential, none at all, than California. I rarely see any tornado risk out there.

Back to the SE, the HRRR is showing 2300+ SB CAPE in North Georgia later this afternoon and evening. There could be some nasty cells developing.
I don't think I have ever seen an enhanced risk of storms here with no threat of tornadoes.

day1otlk_1300.gif

Back