• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

I feel bad for Cowboys fans.

I don't they should be used to it haha

When I moved to Dallas before Tulsa 12 years ago I can still remember this lady telling me they always suck

And 12 years later here we are

It's been over 30 years since they won a Super Bowl... There are adults alive who have never seen it!
 
I don't they should be used to it haha

When I moved to Dallas before Tulsa 12 years ago I can still remember this lady telling me they always suck

And 12 years later here we are

It's been over 30 years since they won a Super Bowl... There are adults alive who have never seen it!
Check out this list- 12 of the 32 NFL teams have never won a superbowl at all.

Browns, Lions, Texans, and Jaguars have never even appeared in a Super Bowl.

Lions were founded in 1930.

Browns in 1946. That's pretty rough.

Buffalo BillsNever
Cincinnati BengalsNever
Cleveland BrownsNever
Houston TexansNever
Jacksonville JaguarsNever
Los Angeles ChargersNever
Minnesota VikingsNever
Atlanta FalconsNever
Carolina PanthersNever
Arizona CardinalsNever
Tennessee TitansNever
Detroit LionsNever
 
Check out this list- 12 of the 32 NFL teams have never won a superbowl at all.

Browns, Lions, Texans, and Jaguars have never even appeared in a Super Bowl.

Lions were founded in 1930.

Browns in 1946. That's pretty rough.

Buffalo BillsNever
Cincinnati BengalsNever
Cleveland BrownsNever
Houston TexansNever
Jacksonville JaguarsNever
Los Angeles ChargersNever
Minnesota VikingsNever
Atlanta FalconsNever
Carolina PanthersNever
Arizona CardinalsNever
Tennessee TitansNever
Detroit LionsNever
I think I'd rather have not gone to the Superbowl than experience 28-3.
 
I think I'd rather have not gone to the Superbowl than experience 28-3.

Seriously. That was the most awful thing to watch I remember turning it off at some point

It was even worse because it was the Patriots... Like literally everyone wanted them to lose
 
I think I'd rather have not gone to the Superbowl than experience 28-3.

The beginning of the end for me.

The Diggs miracle helped make it up for me next year, but all the emotion has been sucked out of the building for me in regard to the NFL since then. I still put on the NFL every weekend, but in a way, it's to wind down from being hyped up for college football Saturday.
 
I was in the front yard shooting fireworks at half time. I called my Dad and was like it’s really going to happen. NFL football died to me that night.
I was doing a project at Emory at the time and went into the Barnes and Noble at lunch. I was checking out just staring at nothing and the cashier bent down to catch my eyes and said "you don't want to talk about it?". I yelled back "no, i don't want to talk about it! Are you kidding?" He got real quiet after that.
 
Meanwhile, Tech is now a lifeless program.

Faulkner and the 6 offensive players following him hurt big time. GT still has some excellent talent (examples: Mendoza and Haynes, both of whom did well overall against Stanford), but their offensive line is horrible and they already had lots of injuries, especially on defense, before the Stanford game with more added during that game.

ā€œGeorgia Tech, which entered the night down eight starters and 18 players overall due to injuries and lost more key players during the course of the gameā€

 
Faulkner and the 6 offensive players following him hurt big time. GT still has some excellent talent (examples: Mendoza and Haynes, both of whom did well overall against Stanford), but their offensive line is horrible and they already had lots of injuries, especially on defense, before the Stanford game with more added during that game.

ā€œGeorgia Tech, which entered the night down eight starters and 18 players overall due to injuries and lost more key players during the course of the gameā€

4 of the top 6 secondary players were out during the 2nd half. I don't think it's a talent issue overall but there is something wrong. Apparently a lot of fights were happening on the sideline so leadership might be the issue.
 
4 of the top 6 secondary players were out during the 2nd half. I don't think it's a talent issue overall but there is something wrong. Apparently a lot of fights were happening on the sideline so leadership might be the issue.

Fights between whom?
 
Fights between whom?
Mostly defensive players. A guy on one of the boards was sitting behind the defensive bench. He said Tawfiq and Cayman had to be pulled apart.
 
Back
Top