• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

I saw on the WRALs evening news that Stanford and California are being discussed for an invitation to join the ACC. This conference realignment makes no geographical sense anymore and little common sense when you have teams from the Pacific Coast possibly joining a conference based along the Atlantic Coast.

I saw on the WRALs evening news that Stanford and California are being discussed for an invitation to join the ACC. This conference realignment makes no geographical sense anymore and little common sense when you have teams from the Pacific Coast possibly joining a conference based along the Atlantic Coast.
Might need to consider changing the name of the conference

Don't love it unless they add 5 west coast teams and go with 4 pods of 5 teams. I don't think there's going to be a ton of interest for a 10:30pm wake @ cal game in mid November

Where would they go ? The Big 10 ?
They’d go to the SEC. Culturally, FSU and Clemson don’t fit in the Big Ten. They aren’t AAU institutions and the Big Ten cares about that sort of thing. I could also see State and maybe Virginia Tech going to the SEC if the ACC falls apart. I think UVA/UNC/GT/Duke probably go Big Ten.

Back