• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

When was the last time that NONE of these teams listed below were ranked in the NCAA Men's Basketball Top 20?
Duke
Kentucky
UNC
Connecticut
Michigan State
Kansas
UCLA
Louisville
Indiana
Georgetown
I'd guess late 50's. I heard a few weeks ago the last time UNC/Duke/UK together wasn't ranked was something like 1961 or so.

I saw that Nelson Cruz signed a one year deal to stay with the Twins. He’s 40. Anyone else remember when it seemed like all baseball players retired in their mid 30’s? Now they’re playing into their 40’s. There are more football and basketball players doing it as well. I’m guessing it’s better training, conditioning, and nutrition along with better sports medicine. Hockey players have always played into their 40’s. Must have a correlation between brain damage and missing teeth.

I don't want Tom Brady to win, but unlike the year after 28-3, I'm not going to act salty. I'm watching.

Weirdly I guess, I do like Patrick Mahomes.

The blueprint. Is out now how to handle Mahomes and chiefs ...

Who would have thought two deep safety’s by Tampa would be the way to do it. Running a Tampa 2 by Tampa Bay. Inconceivable. On his hurried throws they only brought more than four down linemen twice. The sacks they did get were coverage sacks. The Tampa d-line manhandled KC’s o-line. Not to mention that the middle of the field was essentially cut off by the LB’s. Whenever Kelce or Hill ran a route they had one man on them and the two safety’s behind them. Basically two on one coverage the whole game. The only time Kelce got big plays was when he managed to find a seam between the LB’s and the safety’s. Every time Hill or Kelce touched the ball they got hit. Hard.

Back