• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

Miami has been a big fat phony for a long time now. Top ten is a big lol
The whole ranking system is sometimes not the best . I remember 2018 my freshmen year at state, we went undefeated like the entire first half of the season and our rank made it to like 20. Only issue was the entire first half of the season was no name teams lol, a whole lot of fluff. Once we started playing teams in our conference the cracks showed and we dropped out the rankings.Overall we still had a good season that year and went to a bowl game.

I for one am absolutely shocked, shocked I tell you, that yet another ACC team is in fact a fraud and not actually good. Never woulda thought
Idk what you are talking about! If the ACC is doing it you can bet your bottom dollar the SEC and every other conference is doing the same kind of crap lol.

Miami got that high ranking because people thought that Louisville was actually good, and Georgia Tech ended up running away from them on Friday night (and Georgia Tech is probably another year or two from actually being a true thorn in the side of teams, so I think it was a lot more Louisville is actually not good there).

Sadly despite them having not played anybody, I can't say anybody else is better than Clemson right now. At the beginning of the hour, I was finishing up watching Alabama's defense get trashed by Ole Miss on offense (although I think Ole Miss is legit offensively) and Georgia has had some fits of very questionable play, although I want to lean to this week not being as bad as that Arkansas first half (I'm really not sure about Tennessee, I think they're legitimately better, but by how much? Because the game was pretty close to being 44-7 to be honest instead of 44-21).

We haven't seen Ohio State yet, but they will also be hard to make a judgement call on probably.

Saban is going to eat Kirbys lunch next Saturday. Stetson Just isn’t going to cut it.

The whole ranking system is sometimes not the best . I remember 2018 my freshmen year at state, we went undefeated like the entire first half of the season and our rank made it to like 20. Only issue was the entire first half of the season was no name teams lol, a whole lot of fluff. Once we started playing teams in our conference the cracks showed and we dropped out the rankings.Overall we still had a good season that year and went to a bowl game.

State vs unc might be a top 25 matchup in 2 weeks. That should tell you all you need to know about rankings lol

State vs unc might be a top 25 matchup in 2 weeks. That should tell you all you need to know about rankings lol
That little quarterback for UNC is the real deal. I really like the tarholes this year.

Corral can make a lot more throws than what Bennett is comfortable with, but I will say, with Alabama's best defenders being at CB, you did see a lot of plays over the middle because safety and linebacker are a problem.

Georgia has a mental block when they play Bama. I can't remember the last time Georgia beat Bama. I think Bama plays much better next week than they did this week.Bama by 3

Georgia has a mental block when they play Bama. I can't remember the last time Georgia beat Bama. I think Bama plays much better next week than they did this week.Bama by 3
I think Bama loses the big games until we get a rid of our defensive coordinator.. no team can survive the SEC season with no defense.

It would be peak 2020 if after all of the QB changes and things that have happened in the last 3 years at Georgia, that it's a guy that was originally a PWO QB in Stetson Bennett at QB for the streak buster against Alabama.

Plus Alabama usually does not got undefeated and often has 1 "whoops" regular season game that ends up being a loss, and from what I've seen, I'm not seeing another chance at one in the regular season at least. LSU might actually be pretty bad and Auburn was lucky to escape Arkansas.

Having said that, Bryce Young will probably be the story late next Saturday night and we'll end up with a similar script to the last two times, I bet. I think Mac Jones is good, but it would not surprise me if he gets a bit shaken up if Georgia's front 7 can continue to play like it has (either Tennessee's OL was overhyped, or Georgia's front 7 is silly good like 2017 and it might be a little bit of both...).

Florida used to be in Georgia's heads, I think it's now Alabama that is despite this game not being played every year...

One thing I will say is that regardless of how this game goes, it would be an unprecedented event to see the same ultimate outcome happen twice.

It would be peak 2020 if after all of the QB changes and things that have happened in the last 3 years at Georgia, that it's a guy that was originally a PWO QB in Stetson Bennett at QB for the streak buster against Alabama.

Plus Alabama usually does not got undefeated and often has 1 "whoops" regular season game that ends up being a loss, and from what I've seen, I'm not seeing another chance at one in the regular season at least. LSU might actually be pretty bad and Auburn was lucky to escape Arkansas.

Having said that, Bryce Young will probably be the story late next Saturday night and we'll end up with a similar script to the last two times, I bet. I think Mac Jones is good, but it would not surprise me if he gets a bit shaken up if Georgia's front 7 can continue to play like it has (either Tennessee's OL was overhyped, or Georgia's front 7 is silly good like 2017 and it might be a little bit of both...).

Florida used to be in Georgia's heads, I think it's now Alabama that is despite this game not being played every year...

One thing I will say is that regardless of how this game goes, it would be an unprecedented event to see the same ultimate outcome happen twice.
What is a PWO QB?

I think Bama loses the big games until we get a rid of our defensive coordinator.. no team can survive the SEC season with no defense.
I just don’t see Georgia even making this a game. Nothing about their offense looks like it could keep up with Bama. GAs defense looks great but they haven’t played anyone near the quality of Bama.

Back