• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

First off the Braves are not the Falcons and already won a title in '95. I was there at Fulton County stadium when they won. ?
Also, Atlanta United won a title so there technically is no curse.
The Braves should have won at least 5 World Series titles since 1991. They choked many more times than the Falcons ever have despite winning the WS in 95. The fact that the Marlins have won more WS than the Braves since 91 is a disgrace.

I really hope the Braves win tonight and get it over with. My heart can't take another outcome similar to how the Super Bowl played out in 2017. Please Braves reverse the Atlanta curse and show the world that Atlanta can do something right.
Watch the Braves get to the World Series, then MLB get shut down because of the mumps... I mean COVID.

The Braves should have won at least 5 World Series titles since 1991. They choked many more times than the Falcons ever have despite winning the WS in 95. The fact that the Marlins have won more WS than the Braves since 91 is a disgrace.
Well at least they won it all before. It's better than saying they never won after making it there several times. I agree they should of won more but that's all in the past so nothing they can do now except win it all again to shut up the commentators.

Well at least they won it all before. It's better than saying they never won after making it there several times. I agree they should of won more but that's all in the past so nothing they can do now except win it all again to shut up the commentators.
And Georgia needs a championship, whether through the Falcons, Braves, or Dawgs... I know a lot of Georgia sports fans have been jaded after the recent blown opportunities

I think, or at least would prefer you open with Minter today and then see what you can get from Wright I guess (although others would probably prefer he starts because he's used to starting). If you're leading after that, then you go after ending the series with the best pitchers you can throw, and if not, you might need to lean toward playing for going all in on game 6.

I'm comfortable with what Fried can do, but if we were to last to 7, I actually don't feel so good about Anderson. All in all, with how the Braves have done in games that Fried started in 2020, Braves in 6 looks solid right now.

The Rays are really about to blow a 3-0 series lead.

I'd actually favor the Braves or, I suppose, Dodgers as well above the Astros as well but boy, if this series gets fully blown by the Rays, can't imagine the kind of momentum the Astros are going to have coming in....sigh.

Edit: Although I won't watch if it ends up being another Dodgers-Astros series.

The Rays are really about to blow a 3-0 series lead.

I'd actually favor the Braves or, I suppose, Dodgers as well above the Astros as well but boy, if this series gets fully blown by the Rays, can't imagine the kind of momentum the Astros are going to have coming in....sigh.

Edit: Although I won't watch if it ends up being another Fraudgers-Asterisks series.
Fixed

Braves need to win tomorrow and considering what I've seen, it probably will need to just be a Fried, Martin, Melancon game if possible.

If tomorrow isn't a win, they lose game 7, that's too much pressure on a rookie.

Still have the no Soroka excuse though. ? With half a rotation and no days off I figured Dodgers in 6.

But here's the ????????????part of it:

Another Dodgers and Astericks WS.

There's no way I'm watching that series if that were to happen. I didn't watch much of the WS last year, and this year would be the same.

Back