• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

Seems likely at this point to me that it's going to be conference only or nothing for college football in 2020, probably something similar for basketball as well if they even try. I can't see spring working if your concerns continue as you're also slapping on the flu with COVID.

Seems likely at this point to me that it's going to be conference only or nothing for college football in 2020, probably something similar for basketball as well if they even try. I can't see spring working if your concerns continue as you're also slapping on the flu with COVID.

If the Big Ten and SEC goes conf only, that pretty much means the other three have to follow. (ACC, Big 12, Pac-10)

I heard earlier today (I have ACC Network on in the mornings in the background while working) that in a scenario like this, the ACC would help Notre Dame in scheduling. For those who aren't aware, ND football is still independent, but is an ACC conference member in nearly every other sport--and has some special contract where they play ACC schools like either 4 or 5 times a year in football. If all Power 5 schools go conf only, then ND would be absolutely screwed since there are no longer any major independents out there to play. They would literally have half their schedule wiped out.

After this year of getting scheduling help, maybe ND finally joins the ACC in football?? FINALLY???? ?

If the Big Ten and SEC goes conf only, that pretty much means the other three have to follow. (ACC, Big 12, Pac-10)

I heard earlier today (I have ACC Network on in the mornings in the background while working) that in a scenario like this, the ACC would help Notre Dame in scheduling. For those who aren't aware, ND football is still independent, but is an ACC conference member in nearly every other sport--and has some special contract where they play ACC schools like either 4 or 5 times a year in football. If all Power 5 schools go conf only, then ND would be absolutely screwed since there are no longer any major independents out there to play. They would literally have half their schedule wiped out.

After this year of getting scheduling help, maybe ND finally joins the ACC in football?? FINALLY???? ?

The sec wasn't planning on doing this yet, but might be forced too. Did hear the acc backed off some for now but I think conference only is coming.

You know it's all starting to make sense now, this whole COVID-19 thing, I've been trying to figure it out but it was the ACC all along. It took a while for it to play it out but the spreading of the virus will most likely land ND football in the ACC finally! Dang, I could think of a few other ways to have obtained that outcome but it is college football after all ;) :D

I hate them being in the conference. Along with Louisville, BC, Syracuse, and Pitt. Also hate how all the teams don't play each other in football now, and don't play each other twice in basketball.

They created these super conferences because the NCAA said you had to have 12 teams for a conference championship game in football, and then a few years ago they changed that and said conferences could do it with less than 12 teams. I think having 10 teams would be enough. You could play every team in football and have a couple of non-conference games for a total of 11 games for the regular season. Then you could play every team in the conference twice in basketball like it used to be. The schedules now are so screwed up.

I hate them being in the conference. Along with Louisville, BC, Syracuse, and Pitt. Also hate how all the teams don't play each other in football now, and don't play each other twice in basketball.

They created these super conferences because the NCAA said you had to have 12 teams for a conference championship game in football, and then a few years ago they changed that and said conferences could do it with less than 12 teams. I think having 10 teams would be enough. You could play every team in football and have a couple of non-conference games for a total of 11 games for the regular season. Then you could play every team in the conference twice in basketball like it used to be. The schedules now are so screwed up.
This would be a fantastic time for the P5 to say bye bye to the ncaa

Usman v. Masvidal
Volkanovski v. Holloway
Yan v. Aldo
Ribas v. Van Zanzant

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Buying the PPV, Beers and Pizza.

Reactions: SD
Usman v. Masvidal
Volkanovski v. Holloway
Yan v. Aldo
Ribas v. Van Zanzant

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Buying the PPV, Beers and Pizza.

Masvidal is gonna get maimed. One week notice to fight, travel 16 hours to get there, plus cut 35 pounds? Nope. Didn’t have a training camp and won’t be prepared. Usman is going to wrestle him through the mat.

This would be a fantastic time for the P5 to say bye bye to the ncaa

Screw the p5. Espeacilly the mothership down in orange county who we spanked last fall.

Back