• This website or discussions about the COVID-19 virus outbreak should be taken as entertainment. For official information on how to plan and prepare, please go to The Offical CDC Homepage By Clicking Here
  • Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Sports Thread

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
NCAA approved voluntary workouts in CFB/MBB/WBB beginning June 1st...seems as if all systems go for the SEC to approve letting everyone return June 1st, and Ohio State is returning June 8th.

Expected comments in there, and more expected comments incoming when the SEC approves voluntary on campus workouts for June 1st later this week. It is expected because all ADs/presidents except Phil Fulmer has already stated they're for it (which is odd as you'd expect Vanderbilt to state they're not for it).

WxGSO

Meteorologist
Reaction score
All sports have/need a "bad guy" and KB is the one for NASCAR....I'm just glad I have some sort of sport to watch right now.

superjames1992

Rates Will Overcome All
Reaction score
Yeah Kyle Busch sucks.
He may be unlikable, but he certainly doesn't suck. I'm not a fan of his (I guess I'm a Byron fan these days by default, though it's not quite the same as my fandom of Jeff Gordon), but I think he's good for the sport.

Rain Cold

Fixed
Staff member
Reaction score
He may be unlikable, but he certainly doesn't suck. I'm not a fan of his (I guess I'm a Byron fan these days by default, though it's not quite the same as my fandom of Jeff Gordon), but I think he's good for the sport.
Yeah I meant suck in the likability category. He has a horrible attitude. He's a good driver, though. Can't deny that. I wish Gordon would have one a Sprint Cup championship. That's too bad.

Brick Tamland

Reaction score
The Last Dance was awesome. No doubt Jordan is the GOAT. Not just because of his skill and the titles, but the way he was so driven to win, and how he changed the whole culture of the game.

Rain Cold

Fixed
Staff member
Reaction score
The Last Dance was awesome. No doubt Jordan is the GOAT. Not just because of his skill and the titles, but the way he was so driven to win, and how he changed the whole culture of the game.
Yeah, I would agree with that.

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score

there it is (just 7 days later than I anticipated on June 8th)

Couple expected comments in there, but I'm excited as long as we can continue positive momentum.

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
Been kind of losing hope that we see MLB return. Since the doctors helping them nixed playing later in the year because of worry over a second wave, there really isn't a whole lot of time left to negotiate. They REALLY need to strike a deal if they're going to play like a week or so at most before mid-June if they're going to play at all because they need to start training again about mid-June. I'm not really interested in like a 60ish game season.

That sucks but I've started to become less bearish on...everything else playing at least in some fashion. You could see colleges like USC (the real one) not play in college football, but I don't think college football gets cancelled.

Now that I say I'm losing hope loool, it seems like there's more optimism today about MLB playing.

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score

Boy, this is all bad.

If they can't come to a miracle then MLB may be *#&@&@%*# for quite a while. Can already see that lackluster 2021 season and a 2nd lockout in 3 years from the bruised egos and bitterness.

It's a major shame, considering that the Braves are a good watch now. But the stuff like this coming out is an absolutely awful, garbage look for both sides (which folks in that chatroom I've abandoned will hate, but it's true).