• This website or discussions about the COVID-19 virus outbreak should be taken as entertainment. For official information on how to plan and prepare, please go to The Offical CDC Homepage By Clicking Here
  • Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Sports Thread

Matthew70

Reaction score
Apples to oranges. Mike Gundy is a STATE employee as the head coach of the Oklahoma State Cowboys. DeSean Jackson is an employee of a privately held team. The team can choose to fine him, but it will immediately be appealed by the NFLPA.
Did not think of that. Thank you.

SD

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi everyone please see below:
All,

Over the past 6 months we have seen a large increase in activity in the non weather related threads. We recognize as the board grows we will slowly transition from just a weather board to a community. With this transition we will be gaining new members with new interests and differing view points. With current global events these differing views and interests become magnified across the community as members express their thoughts, stances, and ideas. This has led us as staff to recognize the need for written guidelines for the board as a whole and independent within threads to ensure the overall climate of the board remains constructive and welcoming. With that being said we want to outline the following general rules:

#1 racist, sexist posts will be immediately deleted and you will be banned from the community
#2 using derogatory terms in posts will be immediately deleted, you will be banned from said thread for 72 hours for the first offense, 120 for the second, permanently for the 3rd.
#3 when you post statistics or something as a fact please cite your source, baseless facts will be subject to deletion.
#4 using the term snowflake, karen, maga to describe someone or a grouping of posters will be subject to deletion. Continual use will subject you to the thread suspensions in point 2.
#5 Drive by 1 liners with the purpose of getting a reaction will subject you to suspensions in point #2
#6 consistently posting the same subject matter over and over or outlandish posts will be deleted. If this continues after deletion you will be subject to suspensions in point #2 will follow.
#7 posts that aren't directly related to the thread will be removed. Obviously there is a lot of crossover at this time between Corona, politics, sports. Please make sure that your placing your post in the correct thread.

Please let me know if you have questions or concerns around any of the outlined points. Our goal isn't to silence you as members it's to make sure that we keep the community as a place folks want to visit as well as keeping the weather side of the board free from carry over issues.

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score

Seems likely at this point to me that it's going to be conference only or nothing for college football in 2020, probably something similar for basketball as well if they even try. I can't see spring working if your concerns continue as you're also slapping on the flu with COVID.

Reaction score

Seems likely at this point to me that it's going to be conference only or nothing for college football in 2020, probably something similar for basketball as well if they even try. I can't see spring working if your concerns continue as you're also slapping on the flu with COVID.
If the Big Ten and SEC goes conf only, that pretty much means the other three have to follow. (ACC, Big 12, Pac-10)

I heard earlier today (I have ACC Network on in the mornings in the background while working) that in a scenario like this, the ACC would help Notre Dame in scheduling. For those who aren't aware, ND football is still independent, but is an ACC conference member in nearly every other sport--and has some special contract where they play ACC schools like either 4 or 5 times a year in football. If all Power 5 schools go conf only, then ND would be absolutely screwed since there are no longer any major independents out there to play. They would literally have half their schedule wiped out.

After this year of getting scheduling help, maybe ND finally joins the ACC in football?? FINALLY???? 😅

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
If the Big Ten and SEC goes conf only, that pretty much means the other three have to follow. (ACC, Big 12, Pac-10)

I heard earlier today (I have ACC Network on in the mornings in the background while working) that in a scenario like this, the ACC would help Notre Dame in scheduling. For those who aren't aware, ND football is still independent, but is an ACC conference member in nearly every other sport--and has some special contract where they play ACC schools like either 4 or 5 times a year in football. If all Power 5 schools go conf only, then ND would be absolutely screwed since there are no longer any major independents out there to play. They would literally have half their schedule wiped out.

After this year of getting scheduling help, maybe ND finally joins the ACC in football?? FINALLY???? 😅
The sec wasn't planning on doing this yet, but might be forced too. Did hear the acc backed off some for now but I think conference only is coming.

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
Reaction score

You know it's all starting to make sense now, this whole COVID-19 thing, I've been trying to figure it out but it was the ACC all along. It took a while for it to play it out but the spreading of the virus will most likely land ND football in the ACC finally! Dang, I could think of a few other ways to have obtained that outcome but it is college football after all ;) :D

Brick Tamland

Reaction score

I hate them being in the conference. Along with Louisville, BC, Syracuse, and Pitt. Also hate how all the teams don't play each other in football now, and don't play each other twice in basketball.

They created these super conferences because the NCAA said you had to have 12 teams for a conference championship game in football, and then a few years ago they changed that and said conferences could do it with less than 12 teams. I think having 10 teams would be enough. You could play every team in football and have a couple of non-conference games for a total of 11 games for the regular season. Then you could play every team in the conference twice in basketball like it used to be. The schedules now are so screwed up.

SD

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I hate them being in the conference. Along with Louisville, BC, Syracuse, and Pitt. Also hate how all the teams don't play each other in football now, and don't play each other twice in basketball.

They created these super conferences because the NCAA said you had to have 12 teams for a conference championship game in football, and then a few years ago they changed that and said conferences could do it with less than 12 teams. I think having 10 teams would be enough. You could play every team in football and have a couple of non-conference games for a total of 11 games for the regular season. Then you could play every team in the conference twice in basketball like it used to be. The schedules now are so screwed up.
This would be a fantastic time for the P5 to say bye bye to the ncaa

Tornadocane

Reaction score
Usman v. Masvidal
Volkanovski v. Holloway
Yan v. Aldo
Ribas v. Van Zanzant

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Buying the PPV, Beers and Pizza.

Reactions: SD

tramadoc

Reaction score
Usman v. Masvidal
Volkanovski v. Holloway
Yan v. Aldo
Ribas v. Van Zanzant

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Buying the PPV, Beers and Pizza.
Masvidal is gonna get maimed. One week notice to fight, travel 16 hours to get there, plus cut 35 pounds? Nope. Didn’t have a training camp and won’t be prepared. Usman is going to wrestle him through the mat.

NCSNOW

Reaction score
This would be a fantastic time for the P5 to say bye bye to the ncaa

Screw the p5. Espeacilly the mothership down in orange county who we spanked last fall.