• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

Glad to have college basketball back. My Tar Heels won big last night after being down 13-0 at the start. They are a deep team this year, and their freshmen look really good.

Glad to have college basketball back. My Tar Heels won big last night after being down 13-0 at the start. They are a deep team this year, and their freshmen look really good.

RJ Davis had a great game. Even Bacot looks like he's less wiry and more stable in the post. I think Walker Kessler will wind up being a really good player. I thought Caleb Love would be more dynamic (Ty Lawson-like), but he seems to have a high ceiling as a freshman, so he will improve. Leaky Black needs to find something he can do well, and do it. Platek needs to be more consistent. But UNC should feed the post with Garrison Brooks/Kessler/Bacot under the basket.

NC State looks like a good team. And Duke, is, well, Dook as usual. Tony Bennett took a bad loss, but Virginia will compete for 1st in ACC.

It already sounds like Michigan might try to screw Ohio State over and try to not play next week, and as it is, Ohio State is not sure they're going to be able to play this week (they say they need to be cleared to practice on Thursday/Friday to be able to).

Big 10, you done ****ed up.

Edit: So, I lied, it sounds like Ohio State is good to go this week, but there is no question that the big 10 is on the brink of looking very bad.

Last edited:
Well, the Heels were down 16 but came back and then lost on a last second shot. This year's team has more talent than last year's, but have the same problems with sloppy offense, turnovers, and missed free throws.
Duke looked bad last night. Think state has a decent shot at a double bye in the acc this year. Acc as a whole doesn't look like it's going to have 4-5 top flight teams then the rest like the last few. It may really be a jumbled mess

The Heels need some wing that can hit a 3, or fake a 3 and drive the lane and finish at the rim. Aka, Danny Green, Reyshawn Terry, Vince Carter, Jerry Stackhouse, George Lynch types. Our bigs can do well if the floor is spread. Our guards are good but not enough spacing on the floor to be able to drive and finish, and their shooting could be better if they were a threat to drive, but they just arent that athletic (like the guys I mentioned earlier). Roy better get back on the recruiting trail hard. We are losing guys to the likes of Kansas, Villanova, Kentucky, Dook.

Duke looked bad last night. Think state has a decent shot at a double bye in the acc this year. Acc as a whole doesn't look like it's going to have 4-5 top flight teams then the rest like the last few. It may really be a jumbled mess
State plays hard, are hard-nosed guys, and I think they are a good team. Having grown up watching them with the likes of Sidney Lowe, Terry Gannon, Chris Corchiani, Thurl Bailey, Rodney Monroe, Tom Gugliotta, Vinny Del-Negro, Chris Washburn, Charles Shackleford, they were competetive and fun to watch. They are getting back to that, a force in the ACC. Not a Tony Bennett kind of guy, but hes done great at reinventing a culture at Virginia.

Well, the Heels were down 16 but came back and then lost on a last second shot. This year's team has more talent than last year's, but have the same problems with sloppy offense, turnovers, and missed free throws.
The Tarheels are cursed against Texas. I think we've lost something like 9 out of the last 10 meetings with them. Texas can play horribly all year but somehow they manage to beat UNC every time. At least this time, Texas seems like a strong team so the close loss doesn't sting as much.

Are any football games being played in the snow right now?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Think NFL will finish season and have Super Bowl or will it come to a screeching halt and shut down like CBB did last year?

Back