• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

This was coming: College Football as we know it is destabilizing.

After three games from the start of the season we already have the two of the original powerhouses lose, two came close this past week. Oregon and Penn State look very productive and the king of College Football is reeling. I believe it’s because of the transfer portal and the ability to not sit a year after transfer.

Everyone wants to be first and play as a starter. No one wants to be a team player anymore. Who can blame them? With NIL kicking off this year and players wanting more playing time it means a disbursement of talent across the field. No one team will have all the talent anymore.

Simply put, with the extra year of eligibility for seniors and essentially having two classes of freshman. Talent is evenly spread out. This is good news for schools not typically a powerhouse and conferences. The SunBelt and American Athletic even Fresno State, teams that we never hear about pulling upsets. BYU could run the table now and go undefeated.

If you are into betting I would avoid college football this year. Unless we actually get a more stabilized product.

Is that a bad thing?

Having Derrick Henry this week in both my leagues worked out well. Was a weird week scoring wise though lots of qbs layer an egg
Yeah the 1pm slate was a big oof on scoring. I bailed on the dfs lineup builder that my friend uses bc I thought the lineups were trash. He is $250 richer today I am not

I would like to see the statistics on all pro games where the offense has the ball with 4 minutes or less to go in the game, with an untied score that is within 2 points of the opposing team [meaning a field goal from either team wins the game (or the prevention of a field goal from by the leading team wins the game)]. I'd like to know what percentage of the time the offense described above wins the game. My guess is that it is pretty high. I might be wrong, but my guess is that it's at least 60%, if not higher.

I probably shouldn't speak again about them after last year but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of this being another 2010 for Alabama.

The talent is there to win it all, as per usual, but the focus doesn't seem to be there, at least for now.

That Ole Miss game should be fun in two weeks. They may have lost last year but Corral put on an absolute show in the game.

Is 2021 Vanderbilt the worst SEC football team we've seen since 1999 South Carolina (who went 0-11)? Or maybe even worse?

This is the most confident I've been about Georgia since 2017, but with all due respect, you're really going to start learning more about this team in the next couple weeks.

This game is like that Bishop Sycamore game that I remember hearing about in August, except it's in college.

Is 2021 Vanderbilt the worst SEC football team we've seen since 1999 South Carolina (who went 0-11)? Or maybe even worse?

This is the most confident I've been about Georgia since 2017, but with all due respect, you're really going to start learning more about this team in the next couple weeks.

This game is like that Bishop Sycamore game that I remember hearing about in August, except it's in college.
Next week's game will be really big if Arkansas holds on against Texas A&M today.
Edit:
That game should be top 10 matchup now.

Last edited:
Back