• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe weather threat April 17-19

While for the most part damage was minor and mostly vegetation, there have been 3 confirmed tornado touchdowns in my county with a 4th to be surveyed. This would mean 5 tornadoes in a week in Halifax county, again all ef1 or ef0 with minor damage but the number is absolutely unprecedented. Very fortunate around here to say the least.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
While for the most part damage was minor and mostly vegetation, there have 3 confirmed tornado touchdowns in my county with a 4th to be surveyed. This would mean 5 tornados in a week in Halifax county, again all ef1 or ef0 with minor damage but the number is absolutely unprecedented. Very fortunate around here to say the least.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

And to add to this, the 4th possible tornado to be still be surveyed is less than 2 miles from the EF0 tornado that did extensive damage to a residence on Sunday April 14th. Crazy

So far this year Virginia leads North Carolina by 2 tornadoes. Interesting map posted by Brad Panovich. More in New York than Oklahoma.

Back