• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Threat March 21st

Had enough quarter sized hail at my parents house just east of Lincolnton to cover the ground.

I plan to be active as long as severe, snow, or canes are on the horizon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like you and I drank the same grog!
Jon - Please stay active - you are a great resource!
But 'canes - uhh - nooo :cool:
Phil

Some of more intense lightening I've seen in past couple of years for my neck of woods always enjoy a good light show

Extremely easy to predict this hail with mesoscale modeling yet many NWS offices AND the SPC didn't upgrade forecasts until 20z or when large hail was already falling. Verification charts will be fun.

Yeah, the modeled soundings for yesterday were very supportive for big hailers w/ very steep mid-level lapse rates and dry air in the lowest several thousand feet of the troposphere, reminded me a lot of the Oxford sounding last year before they got nailed w/ baseball sized hail

We've already had 8 sig hail reports today across extreme upstate SC, NC, and eastern TN. Definitely would call this a bust on the SPC's end not to at least put out a 15% hail risk, if not, a hatched... As Jon said, I'm also scratching my head why they didn't go much higher w/ the hail probabilities, the environment was very conducive to big hailers.
today.png

Baseball size hail around and East of Greenville, SC! Crazy damage pics of busted out windshields and holes the size of baseballs, punched through the back windows!! Looks like a plains event!

We've already had 8 sig hail reports today across extreme upstate SC, NC, and eastern TN. Definitely would call this a bust on the SPC's end not to at least put out a 15% hail risk, if not, a hatched... As Jon said, I'm also scratching my head why they didn't go much higher w/ the hail probabilities, the environment was very conducive to big hailers.
View attachment 493
b/c they don't have you and jon and others to explain reality ... ;)

Looks fun
7a0b2c3987f65565f188d623a2628c84.jpg

Thanks! Still "listening" and learning here- getting lots of great info from you guys here and hope to soon be informed enough to contribute.

Contribute -- from my humble perspective - thoughts welcome! -- We're all learning from each other - except Webb and Jon and GaWx who teach us - read them well!

Thanks! Still "listening" and learning here- getting lots of great info from you guys here and hope to soon be informed enough to contribute.

Don't be shy . We are all still learning . I post incorrect stuff all the time . Thankfully on this board people will help us when say something that's not correct or will help when we have questions . Ive been guilty over the years of being real rude to people when they say something that's not correct . But I've learned that I'm wrong more than I am right haha and ive learned a lot more by listening and asking questions . We have some amazing minds on this site . Don't be afraid to ask questions or PM people . Just ask SD , can't believe he still talks to me after all the questions I've asked him over the years lol

Back