• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Threat March 21st

Storm5

Administrator
Reaction score
Post away
fa5aee447a290597b8dd1382375f6190.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is to be a hail/wind event but I'm still hesitant to believe tornado spin ups are completely ruled out

This is to be a hail/wind event but I'm still hesitant to believe tornado spin ups are completely ruled out
I think the same way. I expect a few minor spin ups along the way, but this looks like a MCS for sure. It's going to slam us here, and hopefully it doesn't bring down any large tree limbs. Good thing I don't have any bradford pears around anymore. Those things are a pain to clean up after wind events.

Hazardous Weather Outlook
National Weather Service Huntsville AL
937 AM CDT Tue Mar 21 2017

ALZ001>010-016-TNZ076-096-097-221200-
Lauderdale-Colbert-Franklin AL-Lawrence-Limestone-Madison-Morgan-
Marshall-Jackson-De Kalb-Cullman-Moore-Lincoln-Franklin TN-
937 AM CDT Tue Mar 21 2017

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for north Alabama and portions of
southern middle Tennessee.

.DAY ONE...This Afternoon and Tonight...

Severe thunderstorms are expected this afternoon and evening,
especially for Northeastern Alabama and Southern Middle Tennessee.
Damaging winds will be the primary threat with a lesser threat for
large hail.

Locations to the south and west from Russellville to Cullman are only
expected to see an isolated strong to severe storm at best.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Wednesday through Monday...

Thunderstorms will be possible again Friday night and Saturday as a
cold front approaches the area from the west. Some of the
thunderstorms during Saturday and Saturday night could become strong
to severe, with the main threats being strong to damaging wind gusts.

Yet another cold front nearing the region will bring isolated
thunderstorms next Monday.

Tornado threat is negligible and I don't believe we see one today. Hail threat is decent though as tons of updraft associated with this system will bring a good bit of hail reports from the TN/GA border through much of N GA and mostly on the NW fringe of SC.

Looking most of the mesoscale guidance brings the majority to NE GA and spares almost all of North metro ATL.

namconus_ref_frzn_us_15.png

Special weather statement from MRX. Southeast TN to take brunt of the storms. I wouldnt rule out isolated tornadoes. Past few events middle TN has touchdowns.

Extremely fast moving complex will just enhance the wind damage threat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Looks like it might go NE of Atlanta.
Yeah NE Alpharetta could be impacted based on models but its also at that point to almost start watching Radar returns to help determine actually tracks too... anybody North of I-20 should be at least keeping a eye as it progresses just to ensure that out of woods are not

I hope it goes right through the area on the 3K nam! Not the damage of course, but that's right in the heart of the drought! And we need that rain! Looks like some pop-up storms over Upstate SC, before the main complex!

I hope it goes right through the area on the 3K nam! Not the damage of course, but that's right in the heart of the drought! And we need that rain! Looks like some pop-up storms over Upstate SC, before the main complex!
No joke the last drought monitor expanded again.....we need help before summer

Back