• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Threat March 21st

Damn hailing like crazy in Georgia
52d6b9fdbfd40ad68638e23cbad26dae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn hailing like crazy in Georgia
52d6b9fdbfd40ad68638e23cbad26dae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope I get some. This will make up for the snow I never really saw. I just really want some snow. I mean, this kinda looks like snow if you squint your eyes. Of course, I don't want hail that damages stuff. Just little hail that will cover my yard in a snow like manner.

Can't remember what year it was but I remember there was a time in which while I was coming home, we saw a pile of hail on the side of the road and my dad found it so cool he pulled over. Wasn't cheapie hail either but there was no damage that we could find on the car at home so I don't know that it was huge hail (or if it maybe was confined to one small area).

mcd0304.gif

Well then theres this

Concerning...Severe Thunderstorm Watch 76...

Valid 212130Z - 212300Z

The severe weather threat for Severe Thunderstorm Watch 76
continues.

SUMMARY...There is high confidence in scattered to widespread wind
damage from a forward-propagating MCS which will yield swaths of
50-70 mph gusts.

DISCUSSION...Radar mosaic and single-site imagery show a maturing
MCS over middle TN which is moving east-southeastward around 40-kt.
Linear extrapolation has the convective system near the GA/AL/TN
tristate area between 23-00z. Steep lapse rates from the surface to
500-mb (around 8 degrees C/km) will favor a long-lived MCS this
evening. The combination of appreciable water loading coupled with
horizontal momentum transport via a favorable lower-tropospheric
thermodynamic setup will likely result in swaths of 50-70 mph winds
and scattered to widespread tree damage.

Farther east, hail will be the primary threat with discrete cells
ahead of the line due to ample CAPE in the -10 to -30 degree layer
and sufficient deep-layer shear for severe multicells and transient
supercell structures.

Damn. Hard to say if this will hit Atlanta or not. Looks like it could skirt right to the NE of the city. Guess time will tell.

I see that on weather.gov too, and in the box of Hazardous Weather Outlooks, it shows "Tornado Warning" but when I clicked, all I had was a blank screen.

Looking at the radar, we may be the next area to get storms with hail in them. One developing to my west moving this way I believe. Also, lots of radar detected 1" hail across the area.

Here in mid-north Madison county, AL about 40 mins ago - impressive gust front w/40 mph winds, green hail shaft to the north, pea sized hail here (south of the green hail shaft). I have pics and video, but not worth uploading. Underwhelming from my location.

Back