• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Threat April 5th-7th

Never thought that we would have this many supercells at once in Alabama this afternoon, and not one of them be tornado warned.
IMG_0419.jpg

It was just a cool damp day in Atlanta. Honestly felt like a tropical disturbance was coming through. Temp never got above 65

If this were August and 97º or so down here and I saw a radar like this I'd be less than happy not to have a T-storm (realizing of course the difference in months and temps and such - just amazing though how radar can be read differently given the time of year)

Screen_Shot_2017-04-05_at_7.20.03_PM.png

Rain's officially pulled out of here, if the CAD is going to erode on the southern end of it, its now or never.

What do we think of this comment from glen burns when asked why Georgia is seeing tornados like this.

"welcome to Dixie Alley. Tornado alley has shifted east."

What do we think of this comment from glen burns when asked why Georgia is seeing tornados like this.

"welcome to Dixie Alley. Tornado alley has shifted east."
He is making it sound like Georgia is all in it, and just adds to hype. I say that comment is partly accurate, but mostly a bunch of garbage hype.

Wind gusts still hitting 50 mph here in Huntsville/Madison, AL area. No storms, just wind with the dry line/cold front. Wind direction is shifting around to the NW.

He is making it sound like Georgia is all in it, and just adds to hype. I say that comment is partly accurate, but mostly a bunch of garbage hype.

I figured as much. What's happening that Georgia is now getting weather like this? I've been here my whole life and don't remember ever having events like today. This was more like a plains system to me.

Back