• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Thread May 4-6

Don't worry we are probably going to mix dews into the 50s and won't have much to worry about locally
Well, it's still overcast here. Maybe it will stay that way and we'll even get some rain ahead of time to limit the instability before the front comes through. It doesn't seem like it's supposed to do much here until around 8:00 tonight.

Well, it's still overcast here. Maybe it will stay that way and we'll even get some rain ahead of time to limit the instability before the front comes through. It doesn't seem like it's supposed to do much here until around 8:00 tonight.

Thing is the longer we hold on to the stratus and cool the more likely we are to see the initial warm front storms initiate potentially farther SW new HRRR fires them along I40hrrr-nc-upd_hlcy_5000-2000_accum-1878000.png

Thing is the longer we hold on to the stratus and cool the more likely we are to see the initial warm front storms initiate potentially farther SW new HRRR fires them along I40View attachment 118138
Was just about to post similar map, HRRR also has DPs in mid/upper 60s and that's like one UH track over Brick, my office and then my house lol

edit: also always seems to be the case, clouds hold on longer, warm front delayed and best chance in situations like this a little more south. Could be part of the reason for the larger enhanced? May have to wait a few hours to get a feel for where best spot will be

Was just about to post similar map, HRRR also has DPs in mid/upper 60s and that's like one UH track over Brick, my office and then my house lol

edit: also always seems to be the case, clouds hold on longer, warm front delayed and best chance in situations like this a little more south. Could be part of the reason for the larger enhanced? May have to wait a few hours to get a feel for where best spot will be
If i were looking for a tornado today I would head up your way, down just west of Charlotte or maybe to the NW of GSO. Those seem to be the areas of the state where the potential might be maximized for different reasons

If i were looking for a tornado today I would head up your way, down just west of Charlotte or maybe to the NW of GSO. Those seem to be the areas of the state where the potential might be maximized for different reasons
Cool, I guess... yeah definitely keeping an eye on it

It’s worth noting however that the HRRR has a bad PBL mixing bias, it’s mixed out way to much on setups, definitely gonna be some mixing tomorrow but low 50s ? Pretty skeptical
Depends on how much sunlight can get through. FFC sounding def had a pretty dry layer in the mid levels, it could definitely crimp convection depending on where it screws off to
1651842545037.png

Back