• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern September Somnolence

I can't even talk about hypothetical ice storms when there won't be a single low temperature below 65 in September.

We haven’t had highs in the low 80’s and lows in the mid 60’s yet so I’m fine with starting there. Baby steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're not getting the fear that all 31 days in October will be above normal too, are you?

I expect it at this point. It seems at any give time, roughly 70% of the northern hemisphere is above average, so our chances being below average are much less.

Man, I sure wish it worked like that. This is the worst start to Fall that I can remember. I am utterly SICK of the humidity.
Man, I sure wish it worked like that. This is the worst start to Fall that I can remember. I am utterly SICK of the humidity.
Two years ago it was hot into Nov with a drought when I lived in Alabama. This is not like that pattern for sure.

Wonder when the last time Raleigh had a September that didn’t have a day with a low in the 50’s. I went back and looked and hasn’t happened past 10 years. Going to be close the last few days of September whether we break 60F for a low.

Wonder when the last time Raleigh had a September that didn’t have a day with a low in the 50’s. I went back and looked and hasn’t happened past 10 years. Going to be close the last few days of September whether we break 60F for a low.
Went back to 86 and none.

Does anyone know where you can download a csv file of daily weather data?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The 12z GFS is incredible. Seriously a very strong SE ridge wall to wall with no look of ending even at the end of the run.
The good news is, this winter we're not going to have to worry about the warm nose or 33-34 and rain. It's going to be in the 80s all winter. :(

GEFS just continues to trend stronger at H5 with the SER and warmer with surface temps.

View attachment 6530 View attachment 6531
"Like" for the info, not the outcome ... ;)
Made a conscious decision not to incite board-wide cliff-jumping so am avoiding posting much now (can't even find a third-tier model with anything pretty) ... :eek:

Last edited:
I want the heat to go away as much as anyone else here but who wants to chase blue anomolies in October...not me...we wait it out and enjoy the pattern change when it counts

I do for one. I love snow, but I hate summer time temps more. I love working outside in the cooler air and having campfires. Having to work outside through summer is tough, but its frustrating when summer over stays its obligation.

Back