• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern September Somnolence

I’d much rather take the above average temps now than later. While I’m ready for some cooler weather, I’d much rather have a cold winter and above average snowfall.

I’d much rather take the above average temps now than later. While I’m ready for some cooler weather, I’d much rather have a cold winter and above average snowfall.
Man, I sure wish it worked like that. This is the worst start to Fall that I can remember. I am utterly SICK of the humidity.

Man, I sure wish it worked like that. This is the worst start to Fall that I can remember. I am utterly SICK of the humidity.
^^^^This! It's as bad as I've ever seen. Been in our house 18 yrs, never had moisture issues until this year..... I just want some dry weather, low humidity please

One model run does not a forecast make. Especially when we’ve clearly seen a shift in the ridge with multiple models. We may not go from 95 to 65 for high temps but 79 will feel darn good in ATL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you're right, but I'm not going to expect anything until I see it under 200 hours from the Euro. This ridge is the strongest at this time of year I can remember in my 37 years of lifetime.

The average temps here for today are 82/58, pretty crazy to think about.

Larry,
You wanna join me in a loud "Dadgumit"? SD and Brick and RC can echo in, as well ...

814temp.new.gif

KATL in 2018:
- May-Aug: 0 days 94-95
- Sep: 4 days 94-95
————————————
Gainesville, FL, from Jax NWS:

“GAINESVILLE HAS NOW EXPERIENCED HIGH TEMPERATURES AT OR ABOVE 95
DEGREES FOR 8 CONSECUTIVE DAYS, WHICH HAS ONLY OCCURRED ONE OTHER
TIME DURING THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER (SEPT 18-25, 1925) SINCE
RECORDS BEGAN IN 1890. OTHERWISE...THE FIRST 20 DAYS OF THE MONTH
HAVE BEEN THE HOTTEST BEGINNING TO SEPTEMBER AT ALMA, ST. SIMONS
ISLAND AND GAINESVILLE...AND THE SECOND HOTTEST AT JACKSONVILLE.”
————————————

Thankfully we have E flow today to end this nonsense at both locations!
Larry,
Just waiting for the1st sub-75º degree day ... as likely you are ... ;)
Turkey probably will be out of the oven ... :confused:
Best!
Phil

As a whole the location and orientation of the western ridge along with the amount if undercutting energy will go a long way toward how cool we can get. I still like the idea of getting drier air into the SE but getting a strong fall cold front might be a little more difficult. The setup also favors a wedge scenario by the first of the month

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

18z shows no pattern change through the entire duration. Patterns like this create epic droughts and record warmth. Atlanta's warmest September averaged 83F, the second was 80F. The current average is 81.5, and have somehow recorded an inch of rain.

Going to be a long winter. The pattern is changing across the conus, yes we will and usually have to battle a SER. Seasonal temps in October will be awesome, if that's what results. Looks what the past few weeks have been like, just brutal. What's coming looks a whole lot better.

View attachment 6508 View attachment 6509
You need just enough SE ridge, to keep CHS and WIL from getting all our snow! I think CAD events will be plentiful this winter, and ice storms will be the rule, kind of like what Rain_Cold has at his house these last few winters!:D

You need just enough SE ridge, to keep CHS and WIL from getting all our snow! I think CAD events will be plentiful this winter, and ice storms will be the rule, kind of like what Rain_Cold has at his house these last few winters!:D
I think we are all over due for a crippling ice storm, we are due here in ATL. I love ice storms just without the ice part. The sound of the frozen trees swaying in the wind is amazing.

I think we are all over due for a crippling ice storm, we are due here in ATL. I love ice storms just without the ice part. The sound of the frozen trees swaying in the wind is amazing.
But the sound of power blowing all over the county isn't. I unfortunately agree about the overdue part. All it takes is a high in the right place and a low moving in and we have one. Oh and Glenn Burns saying it'll all be gone by noon. That secures events all the time! :confused:

But the sound of power blowing all over the county isn't. I unfortunately agree about the overdue part. All it takes is a high in the right place and a low moving in and we have one. Oh and Glenn Burns saying it'll all be gone by noon. That secures events all the time! :confused:
Don’t forget about Kirk Mellish! You can add him to the needs to retire list.

Back