• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern September Somnolence

gfs_T850a_us_42.png

This is why you don't start celebrating Day 10 pattern changes.

View attachment 6498
View attachment 6499
Yep, while we won't see 90 degree temps, it is going to take a while to get out of the above normal temps, probably after mid Oct IMO. The SE ridge is locked in for a while apparently, which also means look out for any TS that form

And just like that the models now say that they are sorry they lied and that we can cook longer.

The difference between lasts nights Euro and tonights run at 8 days is staggering.

Yup, completely gone. I guess we really can't be all that surprised. This ridge has been so strong it's kept us dry for over a month. I wonder if the models back it even further west keeping the 90s in place.

KATL in 2018:
- May-Aug: 0 days 94-95
- Sep: 4 days 94-95
————————————
Gainesville, FL, from Jax NWS:

“GAINESVILLE HAS NOW EXPERIENCED HIGH TEMPERATURES AT OR ABOVE 95
DEGREES FOR 8 CONSECUTIVE DAYS, WHICH HAS ONLY OCCURRED ONE OTHER
TIME DURING THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER (SEPT 18-25, 1925) SINCE
RECORDS BEGAN IN 1890. OTHERWISE...THE FIRST 20 DAYS OF THE MONTH
HAVE BEEN THE HOTTEST BEGINNING TO SEPTEMBER AT ALMA, ST. SIMONS
ISLAND AND GAINESVILLE...AND THE SECOND HOTTEST AT JACKSONVILLE.”
————————————

Thankfully we have E flow today to end this nonsense at both locations!

Yup, completely gone. I guess we really can't be all that surprised. This ridge has been so strong it's kept us dry for over a month. I wonder if the models back it even further west keeping the 90s in place.

One model run does not a forecast make. Especially when we’ve clearly seen a shift in the ridge with multiple models. We may not go from 95 to 65 for high temps but 79 will feel darn good in ATL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to be a long winter. The pattern is changing across the conus, yes we will and usually have to battle a SER. Seasonal temps in October will be awesome, if that's what results. Looks what the past few weeks have been like, just brutal. What's coming looks a whole lot better.

14-km EPS Global undefined undefined 288.png prism_conus_tavg_anom_MTD.png

Back