• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

September Sizzling Summer Segway

I know Niñas get a lot of flack for historically being warm around here but El Niño’s are pointless when you have a southern stream as active as last year’s. Impossible to get cold air entrenched down here. Nina’s, although dry, can get us the cold air we need with no active southern stream to wipe it all away. I’m ok with this.

I know Niñas get a lot of flack for historically being warm around here but El Niño’s are pointless when you have a southern stream as active as last year’s. Impossible to get cold air entrenched down here. Nina’s, although dry, can get us the cold air we need with no active southern stream to wipe it all away. I’m ok with this.
That may the best post you have ever made! Very true and very Webber-like! ???

Geez, warm water around the maritime continent, warm waters off the EC, a -PDO....
Yep. I think that’s the main concern right now. That has been the fly in the ointment the last decade. Not sure what it would take to bring those cooler SST’s back west towards Australia or if that’s even possible.

Yep exactly, I’m tired of having these crappy marginal southern stream setups which just end up having BL and or WAA issues aloft because the amped nature of systems from a active southern stream, I’ll take my chances which some northern stream action diving right to our west and delivering, sort of like 2017-2018

it’s also worth noting that this winter/spring may have quite a active severe season, ninas often correlate with better chances of hail/tornadoes around the southeast due to more action from the polar jet and it’s seems like Ninas often bring better advection of steep mid level lapse rates/EML, anyways we’ve had active stuff from the past nino, given the big jet streak from that big boy STJ we had this past winter/spring

I also don't think there has been a -NAO since our last Niña in 2011 if I'm not mistaken. Been a while!

Back