• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

September Sizzling Summer Segway

A/c came on yesterday for the first time in a couple of weeks. Temp has dropped from 70 to 59 over past couple of hours, feels chilly!

That front was serious. at Noon we were at 72 and by 1 it dropped to 62. Already at 58. Quite cool too. I actually love daytime cold fronts where you start in the upper 60's and 70's at 7 am and by noon you're down to the 50's when the front passes through. Seen days where at 7 am it's 75, by noon it's 64, and by 5 pm it's in the low 50's.

That front was serious. at Noon we were at 72 and by 1 it dropped to 62. Already at 58. Quite cool too. I actually love daytime cold fronts where you start in the upper 60's and 70's at 7 am and by noon you're down to the 50's when the front passes through. Seen days where at 7 am it's 75, by noon it's 64, and by 5 pm it's in the low 50's.
One of the most underrated weather phenomena in our region. Love me a good strong daytime frontal passage

I like the ones where you wake up in January because of a thunder boom with temps in the 60s, and by the next afternoon its 25F with 30 MPH winds and flurries. Those were the days.

One of the most underrated weather phenomena in our region. Love me a good strong daytime frontal passage
I thoroughly enjoy a good front ! I recall one in early March 2015 or 14 where you had 80s just miles from 40s and 50s in NC ! I remember how humid it was during the day and warm , temps if I recall correctly approached or exceeded 80 then by the time I left school I was standing in the carpool line with temps in the upper 30s perhaps.

I am sooooo glad to not have any mountains to block cold air transport! I’ll miss the wedge ice storms we used to get every 5 years or so, but won’t miss the 51 degree temps when out ‘ snowstorm’ is supposed to be starting as a ‘ bit ‘ of rain!

Left work at 4:30 in Greensboro and hadn't started raining yet. It was 77 and very muggy / gross kinda feeling.

Arrived at the kids preschool at 5:10 and ~20 miles west. It was 58 and cold! Not often you drive through the front in a matter of 40 minutes!!

Also 0.47" and still light rain.

That front meant business here with a very heavy line of showers with close to 50 mph wind gusts!. Interestingly, no thunder/lightning detected! Probably got a quick inch of rain to go with the ~6" of rain from 2 other days for a whopping ~7" the last week or so!! Looks like 10"+ in Sept (with ~1.75" from Sally)!

Walking outside while that frontal passage was still in the process of passing was an interesting experience.

Definitely felt a lot cooler in the middle of the afternoon. Earlier today it was hot (well, felt hot because we haven't had mid 80s too much of late) and felt stuffy.

Back