• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

September Sizzling Summer Segway

Yesterday, RAH had rain here in the forecast all day today and most of tomorrow. Now they have rain here tonight and decreasing clouds tomorrow. The sun is out now. ?‍♂️

Picked up 1.01" last night which was mostly from the one big storm. Lots of lightning and maybe a little hail but I was too lazy to get up. The Tempest said "Extreme Rain" which was the first time I saw that since I got it. Currently 57 with a good breeze.
I always like it when that thing says Extreme Rain. Last time I saw that reading, this is what I saw when I looked outside:

20200831_191034.jpg

Excuse the sideways view.

We would get a snowcane if that happens. lol
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_64.png
What if these 2 collided

I'm interested to see what happens early on as things get popping off to the west. There is at least a chance of a couple of cells to try to get some supercell characteristics before things try to congeal a little more moving east

I'm interested to see what happens early on as things get popping off to the west. There is at least a chance of a couple of cells to try to get some supercell characteristics before things try to congeal a little more moving east
Rah tends to agree

...although the breaks in the overcast across the Piedmont and an indication of backing surface winds suggests the threat of stronger storms may be increasing slightly.

I think they upgrade imo to slight per the latest CAMs, all of them show a line of strong storms with kinks/breaks in them

Rah tends to agree

...although the breaks in the overcast across the Piedmont and an indication of backing surface winds suggests the threat of stronger storms may be increasing slightly.

I'm still up in the air for our area. I feel like this will line out to the west and throw an outflow out ahead and the corridor between US1 and I95 might be kinda meh before it gets reinvigorated closer to the coast in the better instability. If it doesn't and we start getting segments and bows then the game changes quickly as we could get a few big wind gusts and some supercell structures to the tail end cells

Still Marginal and they took away the 2% tor area for most of NC. I can't say I'm surprised. The nam 3km looked like trash and the HRRR didn't look much better, at least to my untrained eye.

Sun coming out western Yadkin near i77 ahead of the line. Seems the line is strengthening and slowing during peak heating of the day...could see a severe storm for Yadkin/Forsyth/Davie

Still Marginal and they took away the 2% tor area for most of NC. I can't say I'm surprised. The nam 3km looked like trash and the HRRR didn't look much better, at least to my untrained eye.
Both models still send a broken squall line through the area with an inch or two of rain. I imagine there will be a severe report or two, but there likely won't be much in the way of organized severe weather.

55 western Wilkes and 75 eastern Wilkes. Storm in middle. Upper 40s black Mtn.

Back