• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

September Sizzling Summer Segway

I was in tech school (Air Force) in Denver many years back. I was there during winter and saw it in the 50s one afternoon and then in the teens with snow by early evening (saw that setup a few times). Couple of days later it warmed back into the 50s and all the snow was gone (...that part is like NC).

Peterson AFB?

I know the change in weather for Denver in the next 36 hours has been talked about for a couple days, but now that we’re close enough that you can actually see the hourly grids, it’s unbelievable to look at. At 8pm local time tomorrow they are still forecasted to be at 83 degrees then 12 hours later at 8 am Tuesday they’re forecasted to be at 33 degrees with heavy snow. I can’t imagine literally going from summer to winter in only 12 hours. The closest thing to this that I’ve personally experienced was the February 1994 Ice Storm when I saw temperatures on Wednesday afternoon in the upper 70s and 24 hours later driving home from high school with temps in the uppers 20s and heavy sleet falling.

I hate this time of year. The sliver of time between summer and fall when you are waiting for the first cool push to only have it delayed.
I love this time of year but I know what you mean. Its especially hard for us SE peeps because it takes FOREVER for it to happen and we're, literally, the last ones in the country to get it. It's pretty sobering to realize Denver may experience (a single day removed from summer weather) more snow than many of us will in an entire winter!

I hate this time of year. The sliver of time between summer and fall when you are waiting for the first cool push to only have it delayed.
IKR. Just yesterday my local had a forecast high of 75 for next Saturday, now it may end up near 90. ? ?

I love this time of year but I know what you mean. Its especially hard for us SE peeps because it takes FOREVER for it to happen and we're, literally, the last ones in the country to get it. It's pretty sobering to realize Denver may experience (a single day removed from summer weather) more snow than many of us will in an entire winter!

its even worse here because we were actually forecast for record lows and there was a lot of hype from mets and now I'm not sure it'll be even that noteworthy :rolleyes:

They are talking wind chills in the 30s here Tuesday on the local news! Winds out of the NE 20-30 MPH, rain and high of 53! ?

fbfd4b15f916de76a5502d28f2e386c4.jpg

I hate the GFS and it hates me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No it was Lowery (Aurora --east Denver). It's closed now.

Lowry AFB in Aurora? Closed during BRAC in 94? I know it (knew it). I was at Peterson for a bit. Spent some time at Cheyenne Mountain as well. I remember them doing avionics and missile training there.

Front coming from the East looks interesting tomorrow night. Usually moisture gets squeezed out against the mtns, as seen on NAM, some could see thunderstorms after 8pm till about 5am.

Lowry AFB in Aurora? Closed during BRAC in 94? I know it (knew it). I was at Peterson for a bit. Spent some time at Cheyenne Mountain as well. I remember them doing avionics and missile training there.
I was in the Supply carrier field. It was a three month tech school. I almost went to the Air Force Academy(Colorado Springs). The Air Force had a "deal" where it would take a small amount of enlisted as long as they were not yet 20 years old, and had completed a math and english course with a B or higher average. During my first tour (Bitburg Germany) I took the two courses and got Bs in both. I was told I met the criteria and presented me with the signing papers. It turns out if I attended I would have still owed my original 4 years (of enlisted) then double what I spent at the academy. I was basically going to sign my life to the Air Force. So I ended up getting out after 3.5 years (reduction in force initiative) and went to college and met my current wife. I'm glad I made that decision.

I was in the Supply carrier field. It was a three month tech school. I almost went to the Air Force Academy(Colorado Springs). The Air Force had a "deal" where it would take a small amount of enlisted as long as they were not yet 20 years old, and had completed a math and english course with a B or higher average. During my first tour (Bitburg Germany) I took the two courses and got Bs in both. I was told I met the criteria and presented me with the signing papers. It turns out if I attended I would have still owed my original 4 years (of enlisted) then double what I spent at the academy. I was basically going to sign my life to the Air Force. So I ended up getting out after 3.5 years (reduction in force initiative) and went to college and met my current wife. I'm glad I made that decision.

A military career isn’t bad. I did 28 years.

Back