• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern September 2023 Discussion Thread

YAY!
gfs_T2m_us_63.png

It seems like the miserable heat will never end for the people who live in the middle of the country. The GFS does have a heat bias, especially at long range, but even ten degrees off of those highs would still be bad for September. I hope that ridge doesn't move east and make the start of autumn feel like the start of summer.

It seems like the miserable heat will never end for the people who live in the middle of the country. The GFS does have a heat bias, especially at long range, but even ten degrees off of those highs would still be bad for September. I hope that ridge doesn't move east and make the start of autumn feel like the start of summer.
It will slowly slide east, should be here first of Dec

Our all time record high in September is from the last time California had a landfall before this week. Not great

So yeah I'm expecting the worst now... Especially first half of the month ?

If I remember correctly, fall of 2016 was extremely warm (hot) and dry for the SE. Hopefully not heading down that path this year. That was also the year of the terrible wildfires in the Smokies.

If I remember correctly, fall of 2016 was extremely warm (hot) and dry for the SE. Hopefully not heading down that path this year. That was also the year of the terrible wildfires in the Smokies.
I remember that year was in the 80s in November in Birmingham and 65 days no rain

The whole southern apps was on fire that year. Absolutely miserable.

The model oscillations beyond d7 are fun to watch how they handle that roll over ridge along the WC and then the typhoon activity. We are riding a fine line between a fall preview or another ridge like the current one
I’m betting on a ridge. Seems like it happens about 2/3 of the time with that situation.

The Midwest is on the precipice of a heatwave of generational epic proportions. This could last 10 days where temps in Chicago will be near 100°!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Midwest is on the precipice of a heatwave of generational epic proportions. This could last 10 days where temps in Chicago will be near 100°!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On weather.com, it only shows 3 days in the mid 90s and every other day 90 or lower.

Back