• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

SE US freezes/frosts April 2-4 with mega frost possibly down to Hogtown April 3rd!

Also, freezes as far S as N FL verified well with 30-32 in places like Crestview , Palatka, Live Oak, as well as Williston, which is 25 miles SW of Gainesville (Hogtown)!! And the big Hog didn’t disappoint with its 35, which amazingly is the coldest since way back on 2/4!! Ocala, which is ~40 miles further S even got down to 36!

Edited for Ocala location
Yep! 34 at my former abode of Tallahassee, FL, too!

KSAV went down to a record low of 32 after all, just about what the CMC predicted and 4+ colder than the GFS/Euro. The only colder snap in April going back to the 1870s was in the amazing 2007. The only other April 32s were in 1962 and 1987.
The 32 is the coldest since way back on 2/21, which also was at 32! The last time they had below 32 was way back on 2/4!

It doesn't get much better than this for weekend outdoor stuff in early April with the high near early Feb norms. Very pleasant with full sun, very low RHs and light winds. No rain to ruin the outdoor plans. Get out and enjoy!
3PM:

SAVANNAH ARPT MOSUNNY 62 19 19 VRB5 30.43F
HUNTER AAF MOSUNNY 62 26 26 SE8 30.40F

Today's mean will end up almost as cold as yesterday's.

I plan to shortly sit out in the sun IMBY and relax. Later I'll walk.

Tonight is going to be the last of the 3 really cold nights with frost in much of the SE (upper 30s here, which is still at the coldest midwinter normal).

Tomorrow will be still another outstanding day with more sun, continued low dews, and highs here only in the near perfect low 70s to cap off an amazing holiday weekend.

I knew the freeze was coming so I didn't do anything. Now that the turf grass is smoked I can find the weeds easily lol. I'm also waiting on the mulch to go on sale at lowes
Yep! Smart idea! Dandelions light up like the 4th of July against brown Bermuda! That Lowe’s 5 for 10$ mulch sale, should be any weekend now! Them or HD!

Reactions: SD
Yep! Smart idea! Dandelions light up like the 4th of July against brown Bermuda! That Lowe’s 5 for 10$ mulch sale, should be any weekend now! Them or HD!
My bigger issue is dogfennel I can't get rid of it. No kidding the parking lots at both are full of it but they are still at $3.33-3.68

My bigger issue is dogfennel I can't get rid of it. No kidding the parking lots at both are full of it but they are still at $3.33-3.68
To get real good stuff, that can kill everything, you have to go to a feed and seed/ old country farm supply store! They have stuff that we used to kill 10’ trees . I think ‘ crossbow’ was one of the name brands!

Back