• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Scorchtember

The weather people around here are hyping great fall color because of the drought, and the forestry people from Clemson, are where they get this from! SMDH
I'm pretty sure they know more about the subject than you do. Don't worry thought. Clemson will clean that UNC clock this Saturday. ???

Most of N and C GA is 3-6 hotter at 1 PM today vs 1 PM yesterday. New high temp. records will be set. As a matter of fact, KATL at 1 PM has already tied the record high of 90!

Birmingham has been 90 or above 98 days and counting this summer. Already 92 at 11am. Forecast to be mid to upper 90’s for the next week.

91 right now. record 95, i'm guessing we don't get there as we've got some intermittent clouds now

3 PM
- KATL 94, which is 4 hotter than the old record of 90
- KMCN 101, which is 5 hotter than the old record of 96 and is the hottest on record so late in the season
- KSAV 97, which is 2 hotter than the old record of 95

I guess some clouds are sitting over Newnan now, because it dropped back down to 93*F.

And *WOW* at 101*F in Macon...

I guess some clouds are sitting over Newnan now, because it dropped back down to 93*F.

And *WOW* at 101*F in Macon...

At 4 PM, KATL and KMCN cooled slightly from 3 PM but KSAV rose to 98! Also, Augusta rose to 97, meaning a new record high!

And the second tweet in the thread says this is the second hottest day this late in the year. Columbia hit 101 on 10.05.1954.

Today's high of 95*F at ATL not only shatters the previous daily record of 90*F set in 1986, but now 2019 ties with 1925 for the most 95*F+ days in the month of September.

Last edited:
Back