• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Possible severe threat 12/16/19

Hope these spotters are safe
a0975a55a6b6af6bd6a8ee52ecb5dc8f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Tornado Emergency now for Pineville LA from the same tornado.

Edit: Also yikes if that spotter map is true. That would have one of the chasers right on the circulation?

I’m watching the KALB livestream, is it normal for TV stations nowadays to have that low of a definition radar?

If RAP is to be believed the SigTor Parameters even into GA is in the 1.3 to 1.5 range tonight that will be still quite a ample environment for strong storms and spin-up tornadoes

This is looking scary for my area in southwest Alabama

I’m watching the KALB livestream, is it normal for TV stations nowadays to have that low of a definition radar?
Awful. It's the same imaging I have on my free "MyRadar" app.

Mercy...

(I believe this is the tornado from those storms)

Edit: People saying that this tornado took 3 houses.

That video is worth watching all the way through. No way of knowing from the video, but looks like some pretty violent motion there. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see some pretty serious damage from that storm should it hit a populated area.

Dewpoint is stuck at 59 I dont see much later happening here in north Alabama

70/62 here in Huntsville. A tornado watch was recently issued for northern MS and I expect one will be issued later for N AL. That said, the HRRR has been trending weaker with tornado parameters over the past several hours. Also, pivotal has the new HRRRv4, but no point sounding data yet.

Back