• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe POSS SEVERE WEATHER STARTING 05-17-2019 and BEYOND

I saw a post on Twitter where a chaser went to do some regular daily stuff, and overheard people saying
1. It’s to cold for a tornado
2. These meteorologists are pure hype
3. The air doesn’t feel like a tornado day
SMH..... they got no one to blame but themselves if they are saying that and something happens. Always prepare for the worst, hope for the best and be grateful if it's a bust.

SMH..... they got no one to blame but themselves if they are saying that and something happens. Always prepare for the worst, hope for the best and be grateful if it's a bust.

The thing that’s truly upsetting is that there’s not much factors that support a bust, but wayyyyyy more parameters support the worst, gives a sinking feeling ?

The fuse is lit, lets pray for a dud and no explosion
bd1587e652b8d7605811d2b8bd190cbc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This storm already showing rotation? Hard to tell on my regular nws radar on my phone.

The thing that’s truly upsetting is that there’s not much factors that support a bust, but wayyyyyy more parameters support the worst, gives a sinking feeling ?
There will be a tornado outbreak today (possibly EF-5 type day) Let's just hope they stay over rural farm-land and there is no loss of life.

I don't believe so, I was just talking about how it looks like this is getting started storms wise as that storm developed into looking nastier on radar.

Think it just got severe warned. It might be one to watch with the environment.

This storm already showing rotation? Hard to tell on my regular nws radar on my phone.

It’s on the edge of the SBcale boundary, in more elevated CAPE, it’s basically a elevated supercell, impressive

I’m currently setup in Altus, Oklahoma with several buddies from nc state awaiting convective initiation. Can’t believe my first plains chase is a high risk 45% tor
Be safe man!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah really. You could be looking at 2 mile wide or more monsters. How do you get out of the way of that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m not sure how you do either guess I’ll find out today if it comes to it. Luckily everyone else I’ve been with has been on a bunch of chases before but unfortunately none like this

Yeah really. You could be looking at 2 mile wide or more monsters. How do you get out of the way of that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By not being in front of it in the first place.....if at all possible of course.

Back