• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Site News Pop up ads

I use Adblock Plus and uBlock Origin in fire fox. I see no adds pop up or otherwise. Been using the 2 firefox extension for free for years. Even tells you how many adds each block. Never watch ads on Youtube Videos or websites. Both are easy to turn off in those rare occasion where a website detects ad blocker and just as easy to turn back on when I am done.

The pop ups are kind of annoying but it's only a serious problem for me if one sneaks through that is malware laden. That hasn't happened yet, I'm just stating something that would be a problem for me.

(I do have software that fights malware but I don't have software that blocks ads)

I had a little "trust" in Google considering they penalize websites that have pop-up ads in the search engine rankings. Seems to be especially on mobile, they have become just as invasive versus what they say they stand for.

They barely make any money anyways, we'll look into options on a replacement.

Back