• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are my thoughts about this opinion piece:

My first thought is that it is highly unusual for Yahoo News, which is ridiculously anti-Trump, to link to an opinion piece from a pro-Trump conservative. But my 2nd thought is to keep in mind that this is a pro-Trump guy writing this. So, no surprise there. My 3rd thought is this: this Iranian General Trump who was killed was an absolutely evil man who my Iranian friend said has killed even his own countrymen. So, it is good he’s dead! The Democrats are being political in saying bad things about this. Although I’d rather Trump had had him killed in a more secretive manner (CIA), he deserves kudos instead of negativity. The Dems and most of the media do not want to give him credit for anything. But my last thing is that Trump criticized Obama getting any credit for Bin Ladin being killed. That’s quite hypocritical to brag about this general being killed under his watch after having criticized Obama.

In summary, Trump appears to have done pretty well with Iran (how well depends on how events unfold from here) despite what the Dems and most media outlets are saying, but it is still hypocritical politics as usual on BOTH sides, which never ends. I still would love someone like John Kasich to start a more moderate party more like the Republicans of old.
I agree Obama should have gotten credit for bin ladin. It is hypocritical.

Last edited:
It's a fact. The Trump Administration and Saudi Arabia had planned this coalition in the Horn of African from the very beginning of his Presidency, and the result of this effort led to the peace deal between nations in the region. Without U.S. support, the Saudi King couldn't have brokered the peace deal with the two countries. That's what Trump's 2018 meeting with Saudi Arabia was all about. It's unfortunate that you aren't aware of it.

"The increasing involvement of Horn of Africa countries in Yemen and Gulf politics, particularly Djibouti, has larger implications. The United States has a military base in Djibouti which supports several thousand personnel, and China, France, Italy and Japan also have bases located there. Secretary of Defense James Mattis visited Djibouti in April of 2017. The immediate impact of the war in Yemen was pressure brought to reduce any connections that Sudan and other countries in the Horn had with Iran."
https://nationalinterest.org/feature/middle-eastern-rivalry-good-africa-37362

"In September 2018 Abiy Ahmed and Eritrean President Isaias Afewerki jointly signed a peace agreement in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. They agreed to officially demarcate the two countries’ contested border, and to cooperation in the fields of politics, defence, economy, and trade... The purpose of the peace agreement is to strengthen the UNITED STATES-backed anti-Iran axis and to prevent an Iranian presence on the Red Sea coast."
https://www.giga-hamburg.de/en/publ...eostrategic-power-games-in-the-horn-of-africa

How many meetings did Trump attend? How many times did he host either country to personally negotiate the peace treaty? Trump was not personally involved with any of this...that's the point. What he did in no way rises to the level of deserving a Nobel Peace Prize.

How many meetings did Trump attend? How many times did he host either country to personally negotiate the peace treaty? Trump was not personally involved with any of this...that's the point. What he did in no way rises to the level of deserving a Nobel Peace Prize.
Don't you ever get tired of arguing with everybody all the time? Have you ever considered that you may be wrong? I've said many times that I could be wrong.

Don't you ever get tired of arguing with everybody all the time? Have you ever considered that you may be wrong? I've said many times that I could be wrong.

I am not arguing with anyone....but I do have a issue with crappy data and facts. Find me anything anywhere that shows that Trump was even remotely a part of this peace process. Do you think Trump deserves a Nobel Peace Prize for his "efforts" in brokering a peace treaty between these two nations? The scary part is Trump absolutely thinks he does.....

I am not arguing with anyone....but I do have a issue with crappy data and facts. Find me anything anywhere that shows that Trump was even remotely a part of this peace process. Do you think Trump deserves a Nobel Peace Prize for his "efforts" in brokering a peace treaty between these two nations? The scary part is Trump absolutely thinks he does.....
I personally think the Peace Prize is a waste of time.. and myself and other people probably agree that it doesn't matter to us if he was to get that or not. But what does matter are results and it doesn't necessarily matter how those results are achieved as long as it benefits the USA.

I personally think the Peace Prize is a waste of time.. and myself and other people probably agree that it doesn't matter to us if he was to get that or not. But what does matter are results and it doesn't necessarily matter how those results are achieved as long as it benefits the USA.

Heres the significant problem with your statement IMO. Respectfully your statement is one of the most dangerous statements we face.

Problems with it are.

A) "benefits" are subjective. What you see as a benefit is not what the people who want free college see benefits as. By your statement when they are in charge anyway they get the loan debt erased should be seen as ok even if it's a 90% tax on everything.

B) This mentality is what makes the swamp the swamp. This is what allows rampant partisanship and dysfunction throughout our system.

Romney indicates he will vote to see Bolton testify, hopefully this means the Dems have the 4 GOP senators they need to force the issue.....Nancy must think so because it sounds like they will send over the articles this week.....The Dems may have as many as 6-8 GOP senators ready to vote for witnesses.....

Wow these Parnas document drops the House intel committee is doing are crazy...….

LOL you guys are right about corruption in the Ukraine but it wont be Biden that goes down for it...a conversation between Robert Hyde and Parnas , all of these folks are working for Rudy/Trump "off" the books in Ukraine.....this is about them trying to force out Yovonovitch because she will be in the way of Trump forcing Ukraine to go after Biden....

“They know she’s a political puppet,” Hyde texted. “They will let me know when she’s on the move… They are willing to help if you/we would like a price.”

“Guess you can do anything in Ukraine with money… what I was told,” Hyde messaged. Parnas responded: “LOL.”

Also what kind of help are these people willing to do...it no wonder she feared for her life.

Just wow.....https://intelligence.house.gov/uplo...l_letter_to_hjc_-_new_evidence_attachment.pdf

Last edited:
But what do you think about Kyle? He's already been arrested btw. This is not good..

I'm assuming you are speaking about the guy threatening to burn down Milwaukee?

If it's real then sure he needs to be held responsible.

Then the question becomes did Bernie tell him to burn down Mikwaukee?

Parnas on Maddow right now ending Trump's presidency or at least that is what should happen based on this information if the GOP had a spine....the sooner they man up and ditch Trump the sooner the GOP can right the ship and salvage 2020.

Parnas on Maddow right now ending Trump's presidency or at least that is what should happen based on this information if the GOP had a spine....the sooner they man up and ditch Trump the sooner the GOP can right the ship and salvage 2020.

Wholeheartedly agree. McConnell and Graham have been enabling this behavior from a RINO. He was a Dem his entire life until it suited him. He’s not Pro 2A like some say. He enacted the bump stock ban (going to be overturned by court decision most likely). How about this lovely quote? “I like taking the guns early... to go to court would have taken a long time... take the guns first, go through due process second," Trump said.

This man literally said F*CK the Second and Fourth amendments. He has made America a joke on the world stage. He is a narcissist that needs constant reassuring. He’s a liar that has told 15,000 plus lies (on record) and his tweets from the Obama presidency where he criticized President Obama have come back to bite him in the ass. He tweets things that Obama shouldn’t have done, yet he turns around and does the same things he complained about. He tweeted about things that a real President should do, but now that he’s President, he doesn’t do those things.

He’s a recalcitrant child and if you don’t agree with him, he gets rid of you. He wants nothing but yes men around him. Say what you will about George W. Bush, but at least he surrounded himself with differing points of view and smart people. He said the one thing about being a successful President is hiring people smarter than you are. He may have not been the brightest crayon in the box (according to some people) but at least he was Presidential. Just like President Obama, President Clinton, President GHW Bush, President Reagan...

So seeing the texts between parnas and lutchenko it was a QPQ from lutchenko to trump. Want dirt on Biden/Burisma (not sure which the B stands for) then yovonavitch has to go.

Trump should be done. If this is all officially collaborated then this is so much bigger than a phone call in July.

Parnas really did a number on the entire Trump admin, I mean even if only half ofwhat Parnas said tonight was true it would be huge, basically Parnas drove a big ole bus and ran them all over.....he took what everyone suspected and tied it all together with a neat little bow. There is so much here all of it shows how corrupt and twisted this entire thing was. There is no way to defend it other than willful ignorance, though there will be plenty of it from the GOP and Trumpers.

The text messages and voicemails being released show exactly how this all went down, the irony is that Trump and friends like to pretend they are draining the swamp but this is some of the most corrupt behavior ever by a presidential administration. Its time for the GOP leadership andvoters to wake the hell up and do the right thing here.

Parnas really did a number on the entire Trump admin, I mean even if only half ofwhat Parnas said tonight was true it would be huge, basically Parnas drove a big ole bus and ran them all over.....he took what everyone suspected and tied it all together with a neat little bow. There is so much here all of it shows how corrupt and twisted this entire thing was. There is no way to defend it other than willful ignorance, though there will be plenty of it from the GOP and Trumpers.

The text messages and voicemails being released show exactly how this all went down, the irony is that Trump and friends like to pretend they are draining the swamp but this is some of the most corrupt behavior ever by a presidential administration. Its time for the GOP leadership andvoters to wake the hell up and do the right thing here.

For the record, here’s a different take from Fox News fwiw: any thoughts?

“Parnas, in rare interview, undermines House Dems' claims that Trump team surveilled Ukraine ambassador”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...trump-yovanovitch-ukraine-house-democrats.amp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back