• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't create it of course, but he's fueling hate on the left and the left and MSM is fueling hate on the right. We're more like 5% radical right vs 10% radical left and 85% of us are in the middle wishing both sides would shut up and get along. You got the MSM supporting the left radicals and Trump supporting the right radicals. Don't get me wrong saying flying your flag is bad. Flying your flag is your right and is a great thing. It shows support for what you believe America is, not what the radical left and right think it should stand for. Us majority should do our best to call out extreme actions on both sides in order to help unify our nation. There aren't as many snowflakes or diehard racists out there as you'd think there are. Both media sides make you believe they're everywhere but that's not the case.
Ok if that 85% of you in the middle is united and its only 15% thats F'd up, where is the problem? To be sure you dont think 100% unity is actually a realistic thing? With that being said, I dont see Trump's supporters burning, looting, destroying property and threatening people's lives. In fact, most Trump supporters are deathly quiet to avoid having to deal with the destruction going on around the country and being directly targeted. If Trump supporters were the problem you would know it, trust me!

Great Speech at Mount Rushmore. This weekend. Clear line in the sand was drawn between what your vote will be endorsing in November.

Quote from Breitbart article sums it up well:
Trump challenged the left-wing totalitarian impulse threatening schools, corporate board rooms, newsrooms, and the “American way of life” itself.

“There is a new far-left fascism that demands absolute allegiance. If you do not speak its language, perform its rituals, recite its mantras, and follow its commandments, then you will be censored, banished, blacklisted, persecuted, and punished,” said Trump.

I think some people don't understand the left. If you have a Gold Bless America sticker on your vehicle, if you support your troops, go to church, have weekend grill-outs, own a bible, have sufficient defense for your family, you are a radical to the left.

And why arent you harping on the right who think anyone not following those things is a commie?

I think one of the major most common causes of political discourse is the huge amount of hypocrisy and rampant double standards.

I really do try my best to weed those biases out and I'd like to think I apply my line of thinking equally. It's why i dont support trump for all his wrongs because I didnt cut any breaks to Obama and wouldn't be now if it was hillary.

Is this a reversible trend or just human nature?

I think one of the major most common causes of political discourse is the huge amount of hypocrisy and rampant double standards.

I really do try my best to weed those biases out and I'd like to think I apply my line of thinking equally. It's why i dont support trump for all his wrongs because I didnt cut any breaks to Obama and wouldn't be now if it was hillary.

Is this a reversible trend or just human nature?
Much of that depends on whether or not you are a generally positive person or negative person

We dont need the TPTA to access emerging economies in SE Asia.the only 2 Tawain and South Korea are alk we need to be dealing with. Going for cheap labor in Vietnam,China,NK to name a few just gives them more power to continually suppress their cutizens as well as be a bigger GB kobal threat than they already are. Look what the push for cheap labor created with China, then ride through small town America and look at all the closed textile mills,factories. Same for Nafta. Thank God obama,the Romneys,Richard Burrs of the world and every other Rhino, Globalist on wall street and K street didnt pull this off.
I was speaking more for exports

What? How does that have anything with social discourse?
It's too late. Any chance that we can achieve unity now, outside of a war or a calamity of some type, has evaporated. This thread, and those like it, is a pretty good representation of society. Too much emotion, too much bias, too much hypocrisy, and not enough patience, love, compassion, and level-headedness. The problems are always the fault of the other side. Just sit back and read the pages of this thread.

If it came from Kansas our country would alert others and suspend travel abroad. China knew, didn't alert others, and allowed travel to continue, kind of like what Nancy Pelosi wanted in the first place.

So, to me, it matters.

Really is the US currently banning its citizens to travel abroad? We have more active cases of Corona than any other nation on this planet and I could fly anywhere in the world tomorrow if I wanted to (if they would let me in )......Trust me if this had started in the US the Trump admin would have downplayed it and hemmed and hawed it as no big deal just like they did in Feb and March and Trump sure as hell would not have ordered US citizens to not travel thus tipping off how bad they thought it was....

It's too late. Any chance that we can achieve unity now, outside of a war or a calamity of some type, has evaporated. This thread, and those like it, is a pretty good representation of society. Too much emotion, too much bias, too much hypocrisy, and not enough patience, love, compassion, and level-headedness. The problems are always the fault of the other side. Just sit back and read the pages of this thread.
Just because you have disagreements about something doesnt mean there is no compassion, patience or level headedness. Hell our forefathers argued and bickered to. If everyone agreed nothing would ever get challenged. There are plenty of people here that disagree with me. I have learned something from it. Thats why these things exist.....

Ok if that 85% of you in the middle is united and its only 15% thats F'd up, where is the problem? To be sure you dont think 100% unity is actually a realistic thing? With that being said, I dont see Trump's supporters burning, looting, destroying property and threatening people's lives. In fact, most Trump supporters are deathly quiet to avoid having to deal with the destruction going on around the country and being directly targeted. If Trump supporters were the problem you would know it, trust me!
So maybe not 85% wishing for radicals to be quiet. Probably should have said 85% everyone else. The issue lies in the radical people having the megaphone and using it for manipulation and making us look worse than we are. That's what drives the crazy groups out of hiding. Chances are if our leaders chose to act less as enemies toward each other and the American people we wouldn't be having such a tense environment. We can turn this around if we start condemning the hypocrisy on both sides and acting on it civilly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back