• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all you Obama worshippers, I just found out my Obamacare insurance is going up another $175 per month next year. This is without a change in income. HOPE. Lol. Next
The way this is working out, just to stay current and have some income to spend on a Modelo I'll be picking a jury from a wheelchair at 85 ... and still looking for a snowflake in Hogtown ... o_O

For folks against Trump, I just want to point out to you that his wall would cost less that It would to maintain the Obamacare website to add onto what Jimmy said.

Biden told the game plan when he was giving a speech in China. He said something along the lines of "Sometimes to bring change you have to break the mold" that's all ACA was.......breaking the mold.

Biden told the game plan when he was giving a speech in China. He said something along the lines of "Sometimes to bring change you have to break the mold" that's all ACA was.......breaking the mold.
Well if they want broke, they're getting it. Healthcare is becoming more and more unaffordable for more and more people.

And by the way, this is another prime example of a problem that people with the power to fix don't really want to fix. And the ordinary people are starting to see it slowly.

Well if they want broke, they're getting it. Healthcare is becoming more and more unaffordable for more and more people.

And by the way, this is another prime example of a problem that people with the power to fix don't really want to fix. And the ordinary people are starting to see it slowly.

Mostly because out leaders are so polarized they cant sit down at a table like friggen adults and put the country and the people ahead of their parties platforms and reach a compromise......sadly as the country becomes more polarized the populous on boths sides are buying into the "my way or the highway" philosophy one which I should add has and never will work when it comes to American politics.....our system is set up so that compromise is the way stuff gets done, this was intentional by the founders.

Interesting article from AP......this one little segment I had not heard before and it certainly makes the hold on the military aid and its timing that much more suspect....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factc...s-on-ukraine-corruption/ar-BBX8vlK?ocid=ientp

The Defense Department had already certified to congressional committees on May 23 that Ukraine had made enough progress on reducing corruption to receive the military assistance. Before the July hold on the aid, the Trump administration had approved sending aid to Ukraine nearly 50 times without holding it because of corruption concerns.

Mostly because out leaders are so polarized they cant sit down at a table like friggen adults and put the country and the people ahead of their parties platforms and reach a compromise......sadly as the country becomes more polarized the populous on boths sides are buying into the "my way or the highway" philosophy one which I should add has and never will work when it comes to American politics.....our system is set up so that compromise is the way stuff gets done, this was intentional by the founders.
I think that's part of it. I think another, if not larger, part is due to the influence of outside agencies,,,,corporations, institutions, money, perks that come with being in power, etc. There's way too much corruption at this point to ever make life better for the average person. It just ain't happening. The ideals of the system that the country was founded on are all but gone. The system is irrevocably broken, imo.

I think that's part of it. I think another, if not larger, part is due to the influence of outside agencies,,,,corporations, institutions, money, perks that come with being in power, etc. There's way too much corruption at this point to ever make life better for the average person. It just ain't happening. The ideals of the system that the country was founded on are all but gone. The system is irrevocably broken, imo.

The system is broken. Yesterday i was chastised because I wouldn't say it's ok for trump to do whatever to win. That i wont accept his behavior means I am a liberal trump hater who hates America which is BS. This was my response and it sort of ties into this disco about our severely crippled govt.

No. I dont need to believe in fighting dirty, illegally or any of the sort. To do so is to truly have given up hope. My response is to not accept that and to hold everyone accountable by my own standards. In the grand scheme that fixes nothing but at least I'm not a part of the downward slide generated by acceptance of poor behavior. Sooner or later that attitude you have is what allows it to get bad enough that we see truly despicable acts like jailing political opponets....afterall we have to do whatever it takes to win.

Now if you want to argue that the federal govt is broken and incapable of functioning at it's current level of partisanship then we agree. It is no longer a functioning govt.

Let's shed off the current representatives. Everyone is out. Let's hold new open elections that only members who are first term can run for and let's set term limits on the new members. Start from scratch. I'm all for it and support that 100%........but it's a fallacy. It won't happen no matter how badly it needs to happen.

For folks against Trump, I just want to point out to you that his wall would cost less that It would to maintain the Obamacare website to add onto what Jimmy said.
The wall argument is like gun control, the only people that it impacts are the people who follow the law. The bad guys still get guns and will always get across the border.

For all you Obama worshippers, I just found out my Obamacare insurance is going up another $175 per month next year. This is without a change in income. HOPE. Lol. Next
Obamacare is flawed but so was the system before it. Republicans had control of both houses under trump and did nothing to fix it. It's pretty easy to knock something but ask those same people how to fix it and you get crickets.

The high health insurance premiums are not the insurance companies’ fault but rather the ridiculously high underlying hospital and drug costs that have to be figured in when actuaries calculate the premiums needed to just to break even! Bernie doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

The system is broken. Yesterday i was chastised because I wouldn't say it's ok for trump to do whatever to win. That i wont accept his behavior means I am a liberal trump hater who hates America which is BS. This was my response and it sort of ties into this disco about our severely crippled govt.

No. I dont need to believe in fighting dirty, illegally or any of the sort. To do so is to truly have given up hope. My response is to not accept that and to hold everyone accountable by my own standards. In the grand scheme that fixes nothing but at least I'm thnot a part of the downward slide generated by acceptance of poor behavior. Sooner or later that attitude you have is what allows it to get bad enough that we see truly despicable acts like jailing political opponets....afterall we have to do whatever it takes to win.

Now if you want to argue that the federal govt is broken and incapable of functioning at it's current level of partisanship then we agree. It is no longer a functioning govt.

Let's shed off the current representatives. Everyone is out. Let's hold new open elections that only members who are first term can run for and let's set term limits on the new members. Start from scratch. I'm all for it and support that 100%........but it's a fallacy. It won't happen no matter how badly it needs to happen.

I mentioned this many pages ago. TERM LIMITS. My thoughts are two 4 yr terms like POTUS.
Fire all of these career politicians!! 30 plus years for some is ridiculous. TICKS!!

Obamacare is flawed but so was the system before it. Republicans had control of both houses under trump and did nothing to fix it. It's pretty easy to knock something but ask those same people how to fix it and you get crickets.
And the Republican house passed their version of healthcare and in the Senate it only died because of John McCain's vote and all Democrats voted against it. If I remember right murkowski of Alaska voted against it also.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back