• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have any issues with Pence. I'm sure he is a good guy and what not. However, he would not shoot back at the media the same way the media would shoot at him. Trump does. He doesn't just allow them to spew off lies and hate and tuck his head. He fires back with the same medicine. Funny how a few want to discuss Trump being a jackass and then give the media and a whole host of democrat presidential candidates a pass for the nonsense they discuss daily on the news. Not a shot at you GaWx, just in general.
While there may be lies or just general bias from the left media sources as you call them, they are mostly anti-trump biased articles and things to entice clicks to generate traffic or things to secure money for part of the case. Other cases are that stations like Fox oversupport trump and don't even question the other side. The best way IMO to find the truth is to look at both sources and observe things as the happen live, not have some person paid to tell me what to think. I also believe in due process, so calling Trump guilty or not or shaming one side is just stupid. What I'm trying to get at is that I absolutely despise the double-standard politics that have shoved their way into America on both sides. It's turned from "how can we help our country?" to "how can we beat the other side into doing what we want them to?" which people actually follow. Letting Trump be aggressive has more negatives at the moment than positives. If he wants to unify America, he should do less aggression and more cooperation. Someone has to be the adult and Trump isn't being it when it comes to working with the other party. And on the terms of Pence, I don't really know him too well, so I won't comment, but if he's someone who historically sticks to his word, he would probably get more done with both parties than Trump is currently doing if he gets impeached and removed.

This saddens me...

https://www.nationalreview.com/news...s-to-christian-charities-after-lgbt-backlash/

I said some time ago, that don't be surprised if Preachers were eventually forbidden from preaching against certain social issues (specifically abortion and gay marriage), I also stated I wouldn't be surprised if some eventually were in jeopardy or being arrested for doing so once such laws were put in place. I remember some comments that basically said it was ridiculous to say such things. Well a Christian business chooses to close on Sundays and takes a stand that they oppose gay marriage because of their Christian values has caved to the increasing pressures by the left to no longer donate to Christian organizations that oppose gay marriage. And the comments on social media are very telling of what a growing number of individuals would like to see happen..... come on, the Salvation Army and FCA are being called "anti-gay hate groups" really?? Anyone still think churches will not one day be in jeopardy if this continues? Just because I oppose a certain issue does not in fact mean I hate anyone... hate the sin not the person isn't just cliche, both things can be very true and it is very true. I don't hate anyone who supports those issues so why should hatred be turned back at me for opposing it?
Good post. CFA clearly doesn't need to change anything that they're doing. They are incredibly successful/blessed, in spite of the opposition.

This saddens me...

https://www.nationalreview.com/news...s-to-christian-charities-after-lgbt-backlash/

I said some time ago, that don't be surprised if Preachers were eventually forbidden from preaching against certain social issues (specifically abortion and gay marriage), I also stated I wouldn't be surprised if some eventually were in jeopardy or being arrested for doing so once such laws were put in place. I remember some comments that basically said it was ridiculous to say such things. Well a Christian business chooses to close on Sundays and takes a stand that they oppose gay marriage because of their Christian values has caved to the increasing pressures by the left to no longer donate to Christian organizations that oppose gay marriage. And the comments on social media are very telling of what a growing number of individuals would like to see happen..... come on, the Salvation Army and FCA are being called "anti-gay hate groups" really?? Anyone still think churches will not one day be in jeopardy if this continues? Just because I oppose a certain issue does not in fact mean I hate anyone... hate the sin not the person isn't just cliche, both things can be very true and it is very true. I don't hate anyone who supports those issues so why should hatred be turned back at me for opposing it?
You're still wrong and it's still ridiculous. No law made them stop donating to those organizations.

Good post. CFA clearly doesn't need to change anything that they're doing. They are incredibly successful/blessed, in spite of the opposition.
I find it ironic that those on the left make harsh comments about corporate tax cuts and the wealthy on the right, under the guise of sheltering the homeless and feeding the hungry. Yet those same organizations pressure a Christian based business to the point that they stopped donating to an organization that actually helps shelter and feed the very ones they say they are so concerned about.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I don't have any issues with Pence. I'm sure he is a good guy and what not. However, he would not shoot back at the media the same way the media would shoot at him. Trump does. He doesn't just allow them to spew off lies and hate and tuck his head. He fires back with the same medicine. Funny how a few want to discuss Trump being a jackass and then give the media and a whole host of democrat presidential candidates a pass for the nonsense they discuss daily on the news. Not a shot at you GaWx, just in general.
Are we all taking crazy pills? "Doesn't just allow them to speed off lies" from the president who does more lying than about any public figure I've ever heard? Come on man.

You're still wrong and it's still ridiculous. No law made them stop donating to those organizations.
But the pressures of the media and activist did, my point is it will not stop and those pressures will eventually make it's way to laws, if and when the right (or wrong) individuals are in power. There are things being done today that no one ever possibly envisioned just 50 years ago so don't think it can't happen. I hope and pray it never does put to outright say I'm wrong for thinking it may one day, sorry I'm not that confident.

Are we all taking crazy pills? "Doesn't just allow them to speed off lies" from the president who does more lying than about any public figure I've ever heard? Come on man.
Have you listened to Adam Schiff lately, lies abound everywhere....

Trumps issues continue to grow and fester. Now a pay to play scheme for the bahamian ambassador, and trump potentially totally lied to mueller according to gates testimony in the roger stone trial.

He is the disaster I knew he and Hillary would have been. Let's hope that 2016 was scraping the bottom of the barrel as far as candidates went.

Trumps issues continue to grow and fester. Now a pay to play scheme for the bahamian ambassador, and trump potentially totally lied to mueller according to gates testimony in the roger stone trial.

He is the disaster I knew he and Hillary would have been. Let's hope that 2016 was scraping the bottom of the barrel as far as candidates went.

Nah, 2016 was just the start.

Sounds like Volker is going to have a rough day in the public hearing tomorrow as he portrays himself as out of the loop and unaware of the back door channel into Ukraine. I have seen a few articles where they list 10-12 things he testified to a month ago that has been contradicted by numerous other testimonies....

While there may be lies or just general bias from the left media sources as you call them, they are mostly anti-trump biased articles and things to entice clicks to generate traffic or things to secure money for part of the case. Other cases are that stations like Fox oversupport trump and don't even question the other side. The best way IMO to find the truth is to look at both sources and observe things as the happen live, not have some person paid to tell me what to think. I also believe in due process, so calling Trump guilty or not or shaming one side is just stupid. What I'm trying to get at is that I absolutely despise the double-standard politics that have shoved their way into America on both sides. It's turned from "how can we help our country?" to "how can we beat the other side into doing what we want them to?" which people actually follow. Letting Trump be aggressive has more negatives at the moment than positives. If he wants to unify America, he should do less aggression and more cooperation. Someone has to be the adult and Trump isn't being it when it comes to working with the other party. And on the terms of Pence, I don't really know him too well, so I won't comment, but if he's someone who historically sticks to his word, he would probably get more done with both parties than Trump is currently doing if he gets impeached and removed.

I don't want Trump to work with the "other side". You don't compromise with people that want death taxes, after birth abortions, and support China. You defeat them, and trumps "aggression" is accomplishing that. The left uses this tactic all the time. Like, right now all the time as well. As for unifying, can't say any recent president has done that. You won't find a president in your history with a 70-80 percent approval rating. I wouldn't want to be unified with any of those radical leftists any way, and they sure as hell don't want to be unified with me. The only thing a president can do is run on principals and if he gets elected do what he says he's going to do. He's unified the base that got him elected. That's doing your job.

I don't want Trump to work with the "other side". You don't compromise with people that want death taxes, after birth abortions, and support China. You defeat them, and trumps "aggression" is accomplishing that. The left uses this tactic all the time. Like, right now all the time as well. As for unifying, can't say any recent president has done that. You won't find a president in your history with a 70-80 percent approval rating. I wouldn't want to be unified with any of those radical leftists any way, and they sure as hell don't want to be unified with me. The only thing a president can do is run on principals and if he gets elected do what he says he's going to do. He's unified the base that got him elected. That's doing your job.
Isn’t an after birth abortion murder? How is that done?

Well a lot of what you said is really just divisive rage, and you wishing to not work with the other side over a few issues is not very supportive of our country. We are unified under one nation, not divided. I'm sure you know the quote "Unified we stand, divided we fall". If you choose to take this divisiveness and put everyone on America on teams, it'll destroy the country. If one party expresses willingness to work, they'll continue to exist. Right now I think both parties are in jeopardy of killing themselves and dividing due to radicalization. As @Rosie mentioned, after birth abortions? I think you were looking for late-term abortions, but why does just that have to mean we can't work for a solution instead of shutting down and refusing to work on anything? I know no president will have a high approval rating too, so that point ins't really valid to any argument. Also, very few presidents will accomplish their promises because they almost always fall though even with complete control in both houses. To add on about the left, not all of them are radical. The radicals of both sides get attention and that's something I hate about the media in general. They'd be nothing without the media. Even Trump would be little and likely not president without them. If you're unwilling to work with your fellow teammates on a job, why are you even there? Same applies for our nation. If you aren't willing to work with people to keep our nation on a path to prosperity, what are you supporting then? That idea is no different than nations like Iran or China which want us divided.

The Dems and Adam Schiff amaze me as to how they can sit there bug eyed and with a straight face speaking of Ukrainian lives lost due to the withholding of military aid, which was actually released. Never mind more aid and weaopnry has been provided to Ukraine by this administration then the previous. Of course the previous didn't provide military aid and in fact a Russian invasion occurred on Obama's watch but that was ok... and the beltway circus continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back