• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last 2-3 years since trump was elected the Democratic platform has been “His presidency is illigelitimate and it’s because he colluded with Russia to obtain it”..now that collusion is off the table do they really have a leg to stand on? Expect some MAJOR distractions and false flag events here in the coming weeks. This thing is just getting started guys

They never accepted that he won fair and square

I look back at election night coverage often and its hilarious how much was wrong besides the whole Hillary was destined to win and he had no path nonsense

The stock market crashing because of Trump
Nuclear wars because of Trumps temperament
Russia controlling his Presidency
ISIS spreading because of his rhetoric

I'm still waiting for any of these

Last edited:
Not gonna say much about the Mueller investigation other than I'm glad it's over. I probably sound crazy saying this, but this went on for so long to the point that I just didn't give a damn anymore. All the media hysteria into trying to make this a modern day Watergate 2.0. I care more about making Trump a one term president than I did about this investigation. I think I've mentioned my political leanings here or maybe TW, but you can probably guess who I'm already supporting for president. From what I hear the Clinton minions/mainstream media/wall street are still butthurt and triggered by him.;)

In other news, Stormy Daniels' ex lawyer is in jail for extortion. smh Not really surprised by this either, something about this guy never really sat right with me. His ego always seemed bigger than his sincerity.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/avenatti...mbezzlement-bank-and-tax-fraud-193542807.html

Last edited:
Lol as if the Mueller report wasnt enough the Avennati arrest is just the icing on the cake. This is the best week of Trumps Presidency i believe

I always thought he was suspicious tbh flashback to when he mentioned running for President :rolleyes:

Why do folks keep saying Trump should release his tax returns so we can see what his net worth is? Tax returns don’t show how poor or rich someone is but rather they show declared income. Have these folks ever filled out a tax return? Nowhere do they show someone is a billionaire, a multimillionaire, a millionaire, “broke”, or whatever since one’s assets and liabilities aren’t shown. In other words from an accounting perspective, income tax returns are like an income statement rather than a balance sheet. I can’t believe I haven’t seen anyone clarify this on TV even one time!

Why do folks keep saying Trump should release his tax returns so we can see what his net worth is? Tax returns don’t show how poor or rich someone is but rather they show declared income. Have these folks ever filled out a tax return? Nowhere do they show someone is a billionaire, a multimillionaire, a millionaire, “broke”, or whatever since one’s assets and liabilities aren’t shown. In other words from an accounting perspective, income tax returns are like an income statement rather than a balance sheet. I can’t believe I haven’t seen anyone clarify this on TV even one time!

For some people that's why they want to see them, but I think for most that want to see his tax returns just want to validate what we already know. He likely hasn't paid any taxes in years. No one would be this hellbent on hiding their tax returns if that wasn't the case. Whether he's actually a millionaire or billionaire is irrelevant to me.

Senator Rubio: “I think that it is outrageous that any Attorney General, Republican or Democrat, refuse to comply with Congress’ Constitutional right to hold them accountable and the Justice department accountable.”

“No one can be above the law, not even the Attorney General of the United States ..in fact, especially the Attorney General of the United States”

“I think an Attorney General held in contempt of Congress is someone who should resign”

Two things from this:

1. Rubio clearly thinks the AG should resign due to being held in contempt of Congress because nobody is above the law, especially the AG. I have no reason to disagree with Rubio on this.

2. On the same token, wouldn’t this also mean that illegal aliens should follow the law since he said “no one can be above the law”?

————————

Gasp. Yes, you’ve read the above two things right. I’m an independent who doesn’t take sides with either party and instead considers each issue on its own merits. Imagine that.

Hypocrisy is one of my biggest pet peeves!

Senator Rubio: “I think that it is outrageous that any Attorney General, Republican or Democrat, refuse to comply with Congress’ Constitutional right to hold them accountable and the Justice department accountable.”

“No one can be above the law, not even the Attorney General of the United States ..in fact, especially the Attorney General of the United States”

“I think an Attorney General held in contempt of Congress is someone who should resign”

Two things from this:

1. Rubio clearly thinks the AG should resign due to being held in contempt of Congress because nobody is above the law, especially the AG. I have no reason to disagree with Rubio on this.

2. On the same token, wouldn’t this also mean that illegal aliens should follow the law since he said “no one can be above the law”?

————————

Gasp. Yes, you’ve read the above two things right. I’m an independent who doesn’t take sides with either party and instead considers each issue on its own merits. Imagine that.

Hypocrisy is one of my biggest pet peeves!

;):):p:cool:

For some people that's why they want to see them, but I think for most that want to see his tax returns just want to validate what we already know. He likely hasn't paid any taxes in years. No one would be this hellbent on hiding their tax returns if that wasn't the case. Whether he's actually a millionaire or billionaire is irrelevant to me.
His previous returns were released on the Rachel Maddow show. He paid $38 million in taxes one year. I believe it was his 2005 returns. Now whether, or not, he has paid any thing in years is mere speculation. I couldn't see how a man in the public eye this much could avoid paying any taxes. Think about it...

I wish the old NC bill that would have put all utility lines underground would have passed. Expensive but in today’s time power and internet is life and becoming a political weapon/threat.

I love Trump. But open to the debates to see if there is a better candidate. Most presidents don’t influence small town Wilkesboro. If we can get a president that makes people laugh then I will vote them in. Trump provides comic relief and largely does what he says he’s gonna do. Laughing is good for our health. Obama came to Wilkes and nothing changed for 8 years. Doesn’t matter who is president people are going to hate who it is and their life isn’t really going to change. Guns will not be taken away and your probably not going to get a raise.

I would like to see some of Trump’s family run in the future. They probably will. I like Ivanka. Also, Mike Pence seems very stable despite just a few disagreements with his personal beliefs.

Shoutout to the state of Texas for passing the lemonade stand bill for children. Should be a national law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back