• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here ya go....https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cpp15.pdf

Wont work as a link got to copy and paste

One interesting data point is that police initiated contacts are equal for whites and blacks at 11% even though whites greatly out number blacks......this suggest racial profiling is a thing....
You can’t just say contacts are at x% without also seeing at what % does a race commit crimes.

If Democrats continues to push the abolishment of police issue. That may be a gift to Donald Trump. I have to believe the majority of America would like to keep police

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Poll out just today that just 27% of Americans favor defunding police.

Last edited:
I mentioned this earlier. I think taking the tasks they are not specifically trained for away and giving them to people more qualified is a better way of verbalizing this. No different than asking young inexperienced battle trained troop[s to ride herd on unruly protesters.

If Democrats continues to push the abolishment of police issue. That may be a gift to Donald Trump. I have to believe the majority of America would like to keep police

Why Donald Trump cant stop cities from defunding their police....how is Donald Trump being elected going to stop any of the cities that want to defund police from doing just that....

Why Donald Trump cant stop cities from defunding their police....how is Donald Trump being elected going to stop any of the cities that want to defund police from doing just that....
People associate The Madness of defunding police with the Democrat Party. You don't hear any Republicans yelling defund police.

Trump could withhold funding to states that chose to defund police

You’re correct that Trump can’t directly stop cities from defunding them but there may be some kind of indirect means of influence and also he has an image of being pro-cop. If enough folks are fed up with the defund police movement, that may sway some swing voters to vote Trump just because they figure he’ll encourage more support for cops than Biden would do.

One of the voting blocks that could decide the election is suburban women. Well in that poll on defunding police, only 20% of women age 40+ are in favor so that will be a non starter for them should Biden come out and push the issue of defunding.

Given the racial tensions, I’m so glad the Democratic Party sent us another old white man. Could you imagine if they had sent us a younger African American to face Trump? As a trump supporter, even I would be highly worried about losing in that scenario given the state the country is. I think it’s too little too late to pair Biden with anyone who could help him beat Trump. VP matters much less even for me when it comes to voting enthusiasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back