• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the House impeaches Trump he is in huge trouble because they wont unless they have the smoking gun needed.....then the GOP senators will be forced to vote to save Trump after all of America see's the evidence showing Trumps guilt.....the 30% of Trumps base wont care but all those GOP senators in close districts and purple states are going to be handing the Dems their districts if 55% of their districts want Trump removed and they go against it. Again I think that on some level the Dems KNOW the GOP will save Trump and they are counting on it for two reasons. First they want to run against Trump in 2020, Trump needs to win WI/PA/MI again to win the WH again and well that will not happen.....they know they can beat him, second forcing the GOP senators to save Trump will end up delivering the Senate to the Dems as well giving them total control of Congress and the big house........in the unlikely event Trump somehow pulls out a win the chances the Senate goes blue is high and then they have control of Congress and can shut him down for the entire 4 yrs....

The Dems have the GOP by the short and curlies.....the only real move they wont anticipate is the GOP telling Trump to resign or get impeached and then trying to mix things up......Haley/Gowdy 2020 would crush whoever the Dems ran.....

I want to tell you that you have lost your mind but now I can clearly see that I would be better off beating my head against a wall. You are going to be disappointed at the end of this.....Just my 2 cents

Trump is 30 minutes late to every meeting he calls.

Is that impeachable? If it is they should launch a behind closed doors investigation. Robert Mueller could get this one done in 6 months......
He might actually get away with this one.

If the House impeaches Trump he is in huge trouble because they wont unless they have the smoking gun needed.....then the GOP senators will be forced to vote to save Trump after all of America see's the evidence showing Trumps guilt.....the 30% of Trumps base wont care but all those GOP senators in close districts and purple states are going to be handing the Dems their districts if 55% of their districts want Trump removed and they go against it. Again I think that on some level the Dems KNOW the GOP will save Trump and they are counting on it for two reasons. First they want to run against Trump in 2020, Trump needs to win WI/PA/MI again to win the WH again and well that will not happen.....they know they can beat him, second forcing the GOP senators to save Trump will end up delivering the Senate to the Dems as well giving them total control of Congress and the big house........in the unlikely event Trump somehow pulls out a win the chances the Senate goes blue is high and then they have control of Congress and can shut him down for the entire 4 yrs....

The Dems have the GOP by the short and curlies.....the only real move they wont anticipate is the GOP telling Trump to resign or get impeached and then trying to mix things up......Haley/Gowdy 2020 would crush whoever the Dems ran.....

Yep the democrats have the GOP by an issue 60% of Americans won't even remember or care about in two months. You are putting way too much faith in the Democrats, the US voters and an issue that most people don't care about.

Yep the democrats have the GOP by an issue 60% of Americans won't even remember or care about in two months. You are putting way too much faith in the Democrats, the US voters and an issue that most people don't care about.

They care, you are putting to much faith in the fact no one cares, I see it different, I see a population more tuned in to politics than every before, and I see and hear lots of people sick of Trump....a lot. Roughly half of people polled want Trump gone but again in the end it really comes down to whether 20 GOP senators vote to remove him.....a lot of that will depend on pressure from their districts....

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/where-the-public-stands-on-impeachment-one-month-in/

They care, you are putting to much faith in the fact no one cares, I see it different, I see a population more tuned in to politics than every before, and I see and hear lots of people sick of Trump....a lot. Roughly half of people polled want Trump gone but again in the end it really comes down to whether 20 GOP senators vote to remove him.....a lot of that will depend on pressure from their districts....

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/where-the-public-stands-on-impeachment-one-month-in/

Polls.....LOLOLOLOL. I think you underestimate how many people vote with their economic interest in mind. Despite your best efforts, Trump is good for business and that lineup the Democrats are putting up have ZERO chance of unseating him. I will admit that TDS is at an all time high along with employment and retirement funds

Let’s see the previous President told the Russian President to wait until after the election to talk policy, had one of the crafters of Obamacare call the American public stupid for wanting Obamacare, stood in the Rose Garden and blamed Benghazi on a video knowing it was a terrorist attack and had a terrible economy. That same President won re-election in a landslide against a challenger who had the appeal of a wet paper bag. I saw tons of people sick of Obama as well, it meant nothing. The likelihood is the enemy we know is better than the enemy we don’t and that is why Trumps re-election is high with the low energy, poor candidates the Dems are offering. It’s 2012 all over again.

I think the burden of proof is on you to convince me they care. The polls are completely meaningless especially after how they all said Hilary would win in a landslide.

Let’s see the previous President told the Russian President to wait until after the election to talk policy, had one of the crafters of Obamacare call the American public stupid for wanting Obamacare, stood in the Rose Garden and blamed Benghazi on a video knowing it was a terrorist attack and had a terrible economy. That same President won re-election in a landslide against a challenger who had the appeal of a wet paper bag. I saw tons of people sick of Obama as well, it meant nothing. The likelihood is the enemy we know is better than the enemy we don’t and that is why Trumps re-election is high with the low energy, poor candidates the Dems are offering. It’s 2012 all over again.

I think the burden of proof is on you to convince me they care. The polls are completely meaningless especially after how they all said Hilary would win in a landslide.

Cant get any clearer than this. They can take polls until they are blue in the face.

This is a common misconception in the last 2-3 weeks of the race it was basically a toss up in the polls with Hillary maybe +1-2 but inside most polls MOE.....there was even several points in the summer where Trump took the lead in the poll averages....that said most people did rightfully expect Trump to lose, and he would have, all save roughly 70k votes scattered across WI/PA/MI....the chances he pulls all those states again and holds on to NC/FL/OH etc is just hard to imagine. Trump basically needs to win all those states or somehow flip some deep blue states which we all know wont happen.

Trump winning is possible especially if the Dems run someone like Warren.....but against Biden Trump would get beat, handily I think,

This is a common misconception in the last 2-3 weeks of the race it was basically a toss up in the polls with Hillary maybe +1-2 but inside most polls MOE.....there was even several points in the summer where Trump took the lead in the poll averages....that said most people did rightfully expect Trump to lose, and he would have, all save roughly 70k votes scattered across WI/PA/MI....the chances he pulls all those states again and holds on to NC/FL/OH etc is just hard to imagine. Trump basically needs to win all those states or somehow flip some deep blue states which we all know wont happen.

Trump winning is possible especially if the Dems run someone like Warren.....but against Biden Trump would get beat, handily I think,
I think there is an 85% chance Trump loses. Not knowing who his opponent is right now, I'm taking the field.

I think there is an 85% chance Trump loses. Not knowing who his opponent is right now, I'm taking the field.
I think Biden is the only one that would be able to have a chance at beating trump, and that's not even that great. Bernie has some of the college students to some degree and that's about it in addition to people desperate for free money. Warren is too erratic and will just repeat 2016 if she's the candidate. As mentioned by others before, we have bad candidates that flirt with the extreme sides of their parties.

I think Biden is the only one that would be able to have a chance at beating trump, and that's not even that great. Bernie has some of the college students to some degree and that's about it in addition to people desperate for free money. Warren is too erratic and will just repeat 2016 if she's the candidate. As mentioned by others before, we have bad candidates that flirt with the extreme sides of their parties.
I'm kinda thinking it might not be Biden or Warren or the front runners rn.

In either case the polls are still meaningless at this point. That said the polls must have still been favoring Clinton by a large margin as NYT had her chance at winning at 95% and I think 538 was somewhere around 70% on election day.

It may be hard to imagine, but when it comes down to it people will choose what they know over what they don't. I do think Biden would give Trump a run, but not only will the GOP rake him over the coals in the impeachment trial, but I honestly think people will stay home due to him being an old white guy with the politics of Clinton. While on the flip side, Trump will pour in support for those hoping to add another to the SC.

Not only that but Trump will run over Biden in the debates. I'm not saying that Trump will win by being truthful or by being repectful, just that the louder voice will fire up his base.

In either case the polls are still meaningless at this point. That said the polls must have still been favoring Clinton by a large margin as NYT had her chance at winning at 95% and I think 538 was somewhere around 70% on election day.

It may be hard to imagine, but when it comes down to it people will choose what they know over what they don't. I do think Biden would give Trump a run, but not only will the GOP rake him over the coals in the impeachment trial, but I honestly think people will stay home due to him being an old white guy with the politics of Clinton. While on the flip side, Trump will pour in support for those hoping to add another to the SC.

Not only that but Trump will run over Biden in the debates. I'm not saying that Trump will win by being truthful or by being repectful, just that the louder voice will fire up his base.

His base shrinks everyday, I think the Trumpers do not fully appreciate the folks that are just plain tired of Trump and his BS, a lot of them only talk to there like minded friends, only see the pro Trump stuff on FB, only see Trump stickers and signs in their neighborhoods etc and they get this idea that Trump is liked and supported way more than he is in their little bubble...

I dont think Trump would last 5 mins in a debate, there is so much the Dems can hammer him on.....you think he looks bad now rambling on about who knows what.....just wait till the debates....he answers will be rambling hard to understand diatribes where he talks about his big brain, great wisdom, and refers to himself in 3rd person.....

His base shrinks everyday, I think the Trumpers do not fully appreciate the folks that are just plain tired of Trump and his BS, a lot of them only talk to there like minded friends, only see the pro Trump stuff on FB, only see Trump stickers and signs in their neighborhoods etc and they get this idea that Trump is liked and supported way more than he is in their little bubble...

I dont think Trump would last 5 mins in a debate, there is so much the Dems can hammer him on.....you think he looks bad now rambling on about who knows what.....just wait till the debates....he answers will be rambling hard to understand diatribes where he talks about his big brain, great wisdom, and refers to himself in 3rd person.....

I think Trump would have trouble against Biden or another moderate. However, assuming the economy continues strong, I don’t think he’d have trouble with the far left Warren or Sanders. She’s now getting attacked by more moderate competitors.

I think Trump would have trouble against Biden or another moderate. However, assuming the economy continues strong, I don’t think he’d have trouble with the far left Warren or Sanders. She’s now getting attacked by more moderate competitors.
Tulsi Gabbard/Yang would wipe the floor with the Trump/Random Retardo. The fact that prominent female leftist congresswomen are siding with Sanders and not Warren, is interesting. A strategic mistake, but Democrats are famous for their strategy failures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back