• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL.....You are putting a lot of faith in those morons. The "Muller Report" was a slam dunk. The end of Trump. See ya later. This time its for real because NO WAY they are this dumb. At this point they really have nothing to lose because they arent winning any elections next fall. Its so bad they have Hillary threatening to get back in. Now thats even more pathetic than this impeachment

If the AG had done his job then Mueller would have been a big problem for Trump and it still will be after Nov 2020 when Trump is a regular citizen again....Barr literally got the AG job by writing a huge "memo" explaining why he did not think the president could be charged with OOJ even if he did it.....shocker he got the job and then did just that......

I'm more interested in the defense. All it is right now is a flood of one-sided information. It may all be correct and not spun up at all. It will be good to hear the other side's "evidence" or defense or whatever.

Its all one sided because there is little in the information coming out that is not a complete disaster for the GOP.....this entire notion that the inquiry is one sided and unfair is just BS from the GOP because they cant attack the information so they go after the process....there are dozens of Republicans on these committee's doing these hearings.....they get equal time to ask any questions they want. This notion that this is a one sided affair is wrong. They can leak anything they want no one is really stopping them its just that there is nothing really there to leak. Do you really think if these witnesses were going in there and saying this was all a witch hunt or that there was nothing like QPQ etc that Jim Jordan wouldn't be tweeting it.....

This article sums it up nicely.....its sounds soooooo unfair lol

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...af01dc-f037-11e9-89eb-ec56cd414732_story.html

Each morning Republicans, Democrats and staff gather in a secure conference room in the basement of the Capitol, huddling behind closed doors for depositions from witnesses in the fact-finding phase of the House’s impeachment inquiry of President Trump.

Then the questions begin to fly, largely from the expert staff hired by lawmakers on the House Intelligence Committee and other panels participating in the probe. Each side gets an equal amount of questions, as dictated by long-standing House rules guiding these interviews.

“It starts one hour, one hour,” said Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), explaining how the questioning moves beyond one-hour blocks for each side. “Then it goes 45, 45, 45, 45, with breaks, occasionally, and breaks for lunch.”

Meadows, one of Trump’s staunchest allies, said each side has been allowed an unlimited amount of questions they can ask of witnesses

If the AG had done his job then Mueller would have been a big problem for Trump and it still will be after Nov 2020 when Trump is a regular citizen again....Barr literally got the AG job by writing a huge "memo" explaining why he did not think the president could be charged with OOJ even if he did it.....shocker he got the job and then did just that......

You are kidding right? When Trump becomes a regular citizen again, they will shut up in a hurry. Does anyone really think the people up there want a loud mouth who loves publicity with all kinds of national security information and more importantly all the scandals of their daily lives which are hidden to be prodded into releasing it?

Its all one sided because there is little in the information coming out that is not a complete disaster for the GOP.....this entire notion that the inquiry is one sided and unfair is just BS from the GOP because they cant attack the information so they go after the process....there are dozens of Republicans on these committee's doing these hearings.....they get equal time to ask any questions they want. This notion that this is a one sided affair is wrong. They can leak anything they want no one is really stopping them its just that there is nothing really there to leak. Do you really think if these witnesses were going in there and saying this was all a witch hunt or that there was nothing like QPQ etc that Jim Jordan wouldn't be tweeting it.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...af01dc-f037-11e9-89eb-ec56cd414732_story.html

Each morning Republicans, Democrats and staff gather in a secure conference room in the basement of the Capitol, huddling behind closed doors for depositions from witnesses in the fact-finding phase of the House’s impeachment inquiry of President Trump.

Then the questions begin to fly, largely from the expert staff hired by lawmakers on the House Intelligence Committee and other panels participating in the probe. Each side gets an equal amount of questions, as dictated by long-standing House rules guiding these interviews.

“It starts one hour, one hour,” said Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), explaining how the questioning moves beyond one-hour blocks for each side. “Then it goes 45, 45, 45, 45, with breaks, occasionally, and breaks for lunch.”

Meadows, one of Trump’s staunchest allies, said each side has been allowed an unlimited amount of questions they can ask of witnesses
You are wasting your time, it's not on fox so it's not real

You are kidding right? When Trump becomes a regular citizen again, they will shut up in a hurry. Does anyone really think the people up there want a loud mouth who loves publicity with all kinds of national security information and more importantly all the scandals of their daily lives which are hidden to be prodded into releasing it?

I dunno I think there is a fairly good chance the SDNY is going to nail his ass to the wall.....or at the very least use the threat of this to force Trump to resign in return for guarantees they don't make him spend the rest of his life in court fighting this stuff.

We'll see what shakes out when they go to trial. By one-sided, I mean a one sided effort by the Dems to impeach. And I didn't say unfair, as in the GOP are kicked out and have no time. But this isn't a bipartisan effort, as in, Nancy and a bunch of GOPers got together and decided to start impeachment hearings. They didn't. Nancy and her team did. It's not bipartisan. Just like the Russia investigation was not a bipartisan effort. Just like the Kavanaugh hearing wasn't a bipartisan effort. Republicans may get seats at the table, but let's be clear. All of the things I mentioned emminated from the left. That's fine. The GOP might would do the same. That's the way it goes now.

We are completely dependent upon leaks and selective releases of info to develop an opinion...or dependent upon our inferences based upon what the GOP is or isn't doing. Nobody gets to defend here. These are closed door hearings. Fine. Ok. That's the process. You can use the Democrat talking point about the GOP attacking the process because they can't refute the testimony of the witnesses. That's fine, but do the GOP and the administration get to subpoena their own witnesses and bring their own evidence right now? These are hearings that the left wants. Just like the Mueller investigation was what the left wanted. All along the way, there were leaks and rumors of all kinds of treasonous things that were going to get Trump sent to Leavenworth. That's what I'm talking about. And what turned up? A big failure for the left. Nobody got to defend there either. It's been one investigation after another after another.

That's why I'm looking forward to an open trial in the senate. I assume the administration will be able to subpoena witnesses and conduct a defense. Then, we don't have to infer, or hear things out of context, or guess, or try to decipher spin, or whatever. I want to hear the presentation of evidence and information and not rely on some biased political operative or talking head with an agenda to tell me what I should think.

I'm not absolving Trump and his administration. For all I know, they have broken laws and violated statutes at worst, and have looked shady at best. The evidence and spin we've seen don't look great. But would you honestly expect anything different at this point? I wouldn't. Anyway, we'll see what shakes out in the Senate. I'm looking forward to it.

We'll see what shakes out when they go to trial. By one-sided, I mean a one sided effort by the Dems to impeach. And I didn't say unfair, as in the GOP are kicked out and have no time. But this isn't a bipartisan effort, as in, Nancy and a bunch of GOPers got together and decided to start impeachment hearings. They didn't. Nancy and her team did. It's not bipartisan. Just like the Russia investigation was not a bipartisan effort. Just like the Kavanaugh hearing wasn't a bipartisan effort. Republicans may get seats at the table, but let's be clear. All of the things I mentioned emminated from the left. That's fine. The GOP might would do the same. That's the way it goes now.

We are completely dependent upon leaks and selective releases of info to develop an opinion...or dependent upon our inferences based upon what the GOP is or isn't doing. Nobody gets to defend here. These are closed door hearings. Fine. Ok. That's the process. You can use the Democrat talking point about the GOP attacking the process because they can't refute the testimony of the witnesses. That's fine, but do the GOP and the administration get to subpoena their own witnesses and bring their own evidence right now? These are hearings that the left wants. Just like the Mueller investigation was what the left wanted. All along the way, there were leaks and rumors of all kinds of treasonous things that were going to get Trump sent to Leavenworth. That's what I'm talking about. And what turned up? A big failure for the left. Nobody got to defend there either. It's been one investigation after another after another.

That's why I'm looking forward to an open trial in the senate. I assume the administration will be able to subpoena witnesses and conduct a defense. Then, we don't have to infer, or hear things out of context, or guess, or try to decipher spin, or whatever. I want to hear the presentation of evidence and information and not rely on some biased political operative or talking head with an agenda to tell me what I should think.

I'm not absolving Trump and his administration. For all I know, they have broken laws and violated statutes at worst, and have looked shady at best. The evidence and spin we've seen don't look great. But would you honestly expect anything different at this point? I wouldn't. Anyway, we'll see what shakes out in the Senate. I'm looking forward to it.

I think they can refute if they wanted too, but there is nothing to refute yet.....that's the problem the GOP has.

I would argue that the Mueller report was very damning and Barr protected Trump, I think if the average American had time to sit down and read and understand the OOJ part of the report they would mostly find that Trump is guilty of OOJ...the same goes for collusion its not that Trump and his campaign did not try to work with the Russians its that Mueller could not prove there was a large scale conspiracy by the campaign to illegally accept Russian help.

If you haven't read Bill Taylors opening statement its all there.....there is no agenda with him, he is a decorated life long diplomat who has proudly served under every president since Reagan. There is zero reason for him to lie and most of his statement matches with others. Trump did withhold aid and access to try and force the Ukraine to investigate his political rival.....that's what is going to come out of all this and the question is how will the GOP handle it.....

The correct thing is for the GOP leadership to get the Dems to agree to let them give Trump a out, he resigns with immunity on all further actions against him regarding all the SDNY tax stuff, the OOJ stuff in the Mueller report etc......then they tell Pence to nominate Haley as VP......once she is in Pence announces he isn't running and she names Gowdy as her running mate and they crush Warren and we get Haley/Gowdy for the next 8yrs......

I dunno I think there is a fairly good chance the SDNY is going to nail his ass to the wall.....or at the very least use the threat of this to force Trump to resign in return for guarantees they don't make him spend the rest of his life in court fighting this stuff.

Doubt it. Money will fly to the right people to shut down the probe. Way to much at stake if the man who has nothing to lose start jabbering.

I think they can refute if they wanted too, but there is nothing to refute yet.....that's the problem the GOP has.

I would argue that the Mueller report was very damning and Barr protected Trump, I think if the average American had time to sit down and read and understand the OOJ part of the report they would mostly find that Trump is guilty of OOJ...the same goes for collusion its not that Trump and his campaign did not try to work with the Russians its that Mueller could not prove there was a large scale conspiracy by the campaign to illegally accept Russian help.

If you haven't read Bill Taylors opening statement its all there.....there is no agenda with him, he is a decorated life long diplomat who has proudly served under every president since Reagan. There is zero reason for him to lie and most of his statement matches with others. Trump did withhold aid and access to try and force the Ukraine to investigate his political rival.....that's what is going to come out of all this and the question is how will the GOP handle it.....

The correct thing is for the GOP leadership to get the Dems to agree to let them give Trump a out, he resigns with immunity on all further actions against him regarding all the SDNY tax stuff, the OOJ stuff in the Mueller report etc......then they tell Pence to nominate Haley as VP......once she is in Pence announces he isn't running and she names Gowdy as her running mate and they crush Warren and we get Haley/Gowdy for the next 8yrs......

If I were the GOP, I wouldn't refute anything or say a word. If you stay quiet it appears you are being stonewalled and can't say anything, or you give the perception that you aren't allowed in the hearings. Right or wrong, that is exactly what the GOP is portraying right now. Trump being portrayed in the right or wrong doesnt matter right now as public memory is fleeting. What you do want the public to remember is that it is the crazy Trump hating democrats leading the charge and they are just railroading Trump and the GOP who are being kept out of the room.

Thank you trump!
You can thank all of Congress the last 10 years. It's more Congress anyway and the federal reserve. Of course you could say the Obama administration let this start and the current political environment is so stupid neither side cares to change the fiscal policy to stop the runaway train that started 10 years ago.

You thank Obama too? Im guessing he somehow gets a pass for outspending everyone before him combined.

Fiscal responsibility is just a pipe dream but if we are going to spend money let's spend it on building things

A Balanced budget amendment should be priority #1. The national debt is a huge threat that gets little attention. It's why I SMH at trump supporters who were budget hawks when Obama was in office but now praise tax cuts without spending cuts that only increase that debt. The true definition of hypocrites.

A Balanced budget amendment should be priority #1. The national debt is a huge threat that gets little attention. It's why I SMH at trump supporters who were budget hawks when Obama was in office but now praise tax cuts without spending cuts that only increase that debt. The true definition of hypocrites.

I'm actually all for tax cuts despite the increase in the ND. Might as well give me all they can so I can get debt paid off before the big crash occurs.

We are far beyond doomed already, so spread the green around before it's gone.

I'm actually all for tax cuts despite the increase in the ND. Might as well give me all they can so I can get debt paid off before the big crash occurs.

We are far beyond doomed already, so spread the green around before it's gone.
Yeah, there's not really a feasible solution now. It's a race to the bottom.

A balanced budget amemdment? Yeah whos gonna pass that? What house? What Senate? The president doesnt create the budget the house does. Doesnt matter what trump wants. He can sign what budget comes to him or veto it, shut the government down and take the blame for. If it were left up to Trump i can assure you we would cut to bone but thats not how it works unfortunately. As long as career deep state politicians keep getting elected, budgets will keep rising.

The whole impeachment thing could really get interesting in the Senate.

Firstly, unless there is a bombshell, the democrats are leaking everything out to the public too early. Just like the Mueller hearing, unless they can bring the energy the public will not care when it is repeated.

Secondly, I heard this on the radio the other day and it makes sense. When the trial occurs, four of the top Democrat candidates will have to be there for the trial; Sanders, Booker, Harris and Warren. If they show up it will cut into campaigning. If they skip they will devalue the whole thing to the public.

Thirdly, the only other real candidate that matters is Biden, which besides Trump is the basis for the whole impeachment inquiry. You had better believe the GOP will ding him on anything they can, anytime they can.

This will get very interesting.

The whole impeachment thing could really get interesting in the Senate.

Firstly, unless there is a bombshell, the democrats are leaking everything out to the public too early. Just like the Mueller hearing, unless they can bring the energy the public will not care when it is repeated.

Secondly, I heard this on the radio the other day and it makes sense. When the trial occurs, four of the top Democrat candidates will have to be there for the trial; Sanders, Booker, Harris and Warren. If they show up it will cut into campaigning. If they skip they will devalue the whole thing to the public.

Thirdly, the only other real candidate that matters is Biden, which besides Trump is the basis for the whole impeachment inquiry. You had better believe the GOP will ding him on anything they can, anytime they can.

This will get very interesting.

If the House impeaches Trump he is in huge trouble because they wont unless they have the smoking gun needed.....then the GOP senators will be forced to vote to save Trump after all of America see's the evidence showing Trumps guilt.....the 30% of Trumps base wont care but all those GOP senators in close districts and purple states are going to be handing the Dems their districts if 55% of their districts want Trump removed and they go against it. Again I think that on some level the Dems KNOW the GOP will save Trump and they are counting on it for two reasons. First they want to run against Trump in 2020, Trump needs to win WI/PA/MI again to win the WH again and well that will not happen.....they know they can beat him, second forcing the GOP senators to save Trump will end up delivering the Senate to the Dems as well giving them total control of Congress and the big house........in the unlikely event Trump somehow pulls out a win the chances the Senate goes blue is high and then they have control of Congress and can shut him down for the entire 4 yrs....

The Dems have the GOP by the short and curlies.....the only real move they wont anticipate is the GOP telling Trump to resign or get impeached and then trying to mix things up......Haley/Gowdy 2020 would crush whoever the Dems ran.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back