• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be honest everyone if this continues night after night. Could there actually be a martial law issued in America? My answer is I don’t know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The protest occurring right now in DC are peaceful, they will stay that way until the police move in to try and end it, then it goes bad....I am 100% ok with people gathering and having a peaceful protest.....

Last night in order to get Trump's photo shoot with the upside down backwards bible the police tear gassed and shot rubber bullets at protesters who were SITTING around holding a vigil outside the church Trump wanted his picture taken at....and you guys wonder why protesters then get violent and attack stuff......

Just to be clear are you ok with the military being called in to use lethal force to break up these protest......
I am ok with the military using any means necessary to protect the lives and property of the innocent victims. Last time I checked, arson, looting, and vandalism were all crimes. This is not about burning a trashcan...... give me a break.

No, they will get tired and move on to something else. Getting a job would be a start.
I feel like once we get out of these COVID-19 lockdowns the public protesting mood will dramatically pacify. Let's be honest that being cooped up for 2 months got everyone kind of peeved anyway. It only took the right spark to get everyone into the streets together again.

I mean, honestly I do have mixed feelings about all this. The officer's murder of the unarmed black man was very horrible. I'm also convinced that this is more of a case of abuse of power than racism, so regardless, I fully support peaceful protesting. I don't see violence on either side as helpful. I think our national and local leadership needs to acknowledge the abuses and seek to address things meaningfully. But I also agree that police forces cannot simply vacate towns to let protesters do whatever they want. Nor do I think the police should lethally or violently (if possible) restrain unruly protestors. Unfortunately, there are exceptions, but as long as grievances aren't adequately addressed, we can't move forward and have less protests. This also means the media should actually do fair reporting on Trump, as I feel they've often shafted him during his administration. Just my thoughts on all this.
This is a crime of “The Power” angainst a US citizen but they divide us by race and put us into these separate boxes so that we can’t unify together. They make it impossible for us to unify. The media is not our friend. This is this and this isn’t that. Call it what it is and every person in America would be behind it. Unfortunately, this will never happen under the current political constructs.

I am ok with the military using any means necessary to protect the lives and property of the innocent victims. Last time I checked, arson, looting, and vandalism were all crimes. This is not about burning a trashcan...... give me a break.

I am fine with them using deadly force for saving lives only. I dont care about burnt trashcans and dont believe for one second damaged property is worth a human life and i seriously hope you dont believe it is?

I feel like once we get out of these COVID-19 lockdowns the public protesting mood will dramatically pacify. Let's be honest that being cooped up for 2 months got everyone kind of peeved anyway. It only took the right spark to get everyone into the streets together again.
What Covid-19?

I am fine with them using deadly force for saving lives only. I dont care about burnt trashcans and dont believe for one second damaged property is worth a human life and i seriously hope you dont believe it is?
If someone is trying to burn my house down, you better believe, I will use any means necessary to stop them.... and don't tell me you would just leave and let them burn yours down...

The protest occurring right now in DC are peaceful, they will stay that way until the police move in to try and end it, then it goes bad....I am 100% ok with people gathering and having a peaceful protest.....

Last night in order to get Trump's photo shoot with the upside down backwards bible the police tear gassed and shot rubber bullets at protesters who were SITTING around holding a vigil outside the church Trump wanted his picture taken at....and you guys wonder why protesters then get violent and attack stuff......

Just to be clear are you ok with the military being called in to use lethal force to break up these protest......
I think the tear gas has been proven false with a new video out this afternoon

CadWedge what is your problem? Its hilarious enough that every evening I get 10 notices of you downvoting my posts, but what part of my post about needed police reforms do you disagree with? I'd like to have an actual conversation about that, if you are willing. I can't imagine what in that post was controversial.

I don’t understand how putting a black square on your IG is gonna make much of a difference real change doesn’t come by social media. I think a big reason why black people are killed disproportionately is because their communities are policed heavier because of crime from gangs. I mean think about it the more cops in a area with high crime the more killings their is going to be. Now I understand that a lot of the reason that black people are in their own communities by themselves is because of what happened during segregation but we can’t fix that now. One of the biggest problems I’ve seen and my moms a teacher is lack of a father or a mother figure in these communities she would teach kids with one parent usually doing everything typically a mother. I mean think about yourselves if you didn’t have your father to raise your right or your mother to care for you wouldn’t turn out right. Now think about someone in a community with no figure to look up to all they think they have is a gang to go to we need to be giving to organizations helping organizations that help show these kids that their is someone to look up to their is another way besides joining a gang. If you take the younger generations away from the gangs then crime will decrease in these areas and decrease the amount of cop presence in these areas which should decrease police killings. I believe action true action is the key to all this not posting a black box on IG or even going to a protest but actually trying to make these communities better.

I think the tear gas has been proven false with a new video out this afternoon

Not even close. I watched the whole thing live. The protests were peaceful and lawful and dispersed only because the president wanted the photo op. They very clearly used tear gas. Not only did I watch several people have to wash their eyes out, other news agencies reported the use of tear gas and rubber bullets. All because the president wanted a photo op with a Bible. Disgusting.

My question is was people asked to leave yesterday? Before they used tear gas if they where asked to leave and they refused then they disobeyed. I’m not saying tear gas was ok but I do hope they where at least asked to leave first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t understand how putting a black square on your IG is gonna make much of a difference real change doesn’t come by social media. I think a big reason why black people are killed disproportionately is because their communities are policed heavier because of crime from gangs. I mean think about it the more cops in a area with high crime the more killings their is going to be. Now I understand that a lot of the reason that black people are in their own communities by themselves is because of what happened during segregation but we can’t fix that now. One of the biggest problems I’ve seen and my moms a teacher is lack of a father or a mother figure in these communities she would teach kids with one parent usually doing everything typically a mother. I mean think about yourselves if you didn’t have your father to raise your right or your mother to care for you wouldn’t turn out right. Now think about someone in a community with no figure to look up to all they think they have is a gang to go to we need to be giving to organizations helping organizations that help show these kids that their is someone to look up to their is another way besides joining a gang. If you take the younger generations away from the gangs then crime will decrease in these areas and decrease the amount of cop presence in these areas which should decrease police killings. I believe action true action is the key to all this not posting a black box on IG or even going to a protest but actually trying to make these communities better.
Don’t forget tomorrow is white box Wednesday..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back