• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what happens when you threaten the people Trump.....you harden the resolve, if they move in and this goes badly and people die Trump will have to answer for that blood and if you think what has happened to this point is bad just wait......

This will make Trump look like a hero in most of the people's eyes. Oh, there will be a few that will try to blame him, but it won't make a difference. There will also be blood shed, but then folks will understand that there are still laws in this country.... and you just can't ignore them.

This will make Trump look like a hero in most of the people's eyes. Oh, there will be a few that will try to blame him, but it won't make a difference. There will also be blood shed, but then folks will understand that there are still laws in this country.... and you just can't ignore them.
Actually in my opinion it will only further fracture the American people. Sure, those who approve of Trump are probably more than those who disapprove of him right now, but it's the long and bitter road to an unthinkable war later on. Hopefully Trump can help smooth the tensions soon. I'm speaking as one who voted for him too.

Actually in my opinion it will only further fracture the American people. Sure, those who approve of Trump are probably more than those who disapprove of him right now, but it's the long and bitter road to an unthinkable war later on. Hopefully Trump can help smooth the tensions soon. I'm speaking as one who voted for him too.

Exactly how would you suggest Trump smooth the tension?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL the fact you think that's the case shows your in a bubble man....if the military moves in and attacks a otherwise peaceful protest then the number of people in the streets tomorrow will be even higher, do you really think killing and hurting a bunch of Americans will make Trump look like a hero....

A hero only in the eyes of those who have lost a moral compass.

Exactly how would you suggest Trump smooth the tension?

Maybe be more humble and tell the American people that he is aware of and apologizes for the abuses of those who enforce the law, while still letting everyone know it's not ok to destroy cities. When he kind of ignores what the protests are all about and goes on with how he's a Law and Order leader, it just seems to me like he takes the nation one step closer to civil war.

It reminds me of the Bible story of King Rehoboam. The older advisers urged him to listen to the people and redress their grievances, while the young advisers urged him to take a tough stance on those who disagreed with his policies and say harsh things. Well, he lost his kingdom at that point. Just food for thought.

Maybe be more humble and tell the American people that he is aware of and apologizes for the abuses of those who enforce the law, while still letting everyone know it's not ok to destroy cities. When he kind of ignores what the protests are all about and goes on with how he's a Law and Order leader, it just seems to me like he takes the nation one step closer to civil war.

It reminds me of the Bible story of King Rehoboam. The older advisers urged him to listen to the people and redress their grievances, while the young advisers urged him to take a tough stance on those who disagreed with his policies and say harsh things. Well, he lost his kingdom at that point. Just food for thought.

Wonder if he could actually go join the protesters without getting shot! Now that would be a incredible show of peace

Yep, if things go bad and the military kills Americans for protesting then EVERYONE should be appalled and DEMAND Trump resign immediately and there needs to be a general nationwide strikes until that happens....this is not China, this is not Russia, this is not Iran we DO NOT KILL protesters....the second our leaders sanction such actions they give up their right to be our leader period full stop.

Its one thing to put force in place to try and control the crowds I got no problem with that, they shoud be limited to non lethal weapons only though, if not it greatly increases the chances of something bad happening...all it takes is one rock to hit a solider with a machine gun and them deciding to dump the mag into the crowd for there to be dozens of not hundreds of killed and wounded....even worse there will be people, fellow Americans that friggen applaud it and say they got what they deserve.....

Class war disguised as a race war. That’s what we’re seeing. When we fail to identify what this actually is, we are unable to deal with the true systemic issues at hand. Once we deal with the social injustices against poor disenfranchised minorities, can we then tackle the systemic injustices perpetrated against poor disenfranchised white people? Why can’t we kill two birds with one stone? Why can’t we include the masses in this gripe? Why do separate the two? We need to focus our energy so that all of this is not in vein. Even though I know it will be. Again. And again. And again. People are mad, and I don’t blame them.

Yep, if things go bad and the military kills Americans for protesting then EVERYONE should be appalled and DEMAND Trump resign immediately and there needs to be a general nationwide strikes until that happens....this is not China, this is not Russia, this is not Iran we DO NOT KILL protesters....the second our leaders sanction such actions they give up their right to be our leader period full stop.

Its one thing to put force in place to try and control the crowds I got no problem with that, they shoud be limited to non lethal weapons only though, if not it greatly increases the chances of something bad happening...all it takes is one rock to hit a solider with a machine gun and them deciding to dump the mag into the crowd for there to be dozens of not hundreds of killed and wounded....even worse there will be people, fellow Americans that friggen applaud it and say they got what they deserve.....

Then you have the make America group coming out. to fight the ones striking for Trump to step down. Then you really do have civil war

This is all so depressing. We see an absolutely maniacal Police Office murder a man that was already well under control and then we see thugs and hooligans taking attention away from those that genuinely want to protest this. Then by robbing, looting assaulting business owners and shooting and assaulting Police, they invite military intervention which would tear this country wide apart. There have to be consequences for all of this, the Officer should never see the outside of a jail again (or be meted out justice once inside) and the groups like Antifa need to be acknowledged for what they are, NOTHING but anarchists and ideologues who wish to destroy the country that has produced so much good (and yes some bad) around the world ?

I just saw some video from last night and it is soooo sad. An officer run over in NYC. Four police officers seriously injured just in St Louis alone, one a retired black officer, David Dorn, with 38 years experience. https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jun/2/david-dorn-retired-st-louis-police-captain-killed-/ Are we going to be consistent? Are there going to be protests for his death? What about the 10 others (from what I can find) that have happened directly due the violence? Are people going to protest those? What about the scores of people injured, some significantly.

The whole country is upset about the way George Floyd was killed, and rightly so, but this violence is more than ridiculous. George's own brother said his family was about peace and he would not have wanted this. These people have an agenda that has nothing to do with the death of Floyd or the issue of police brutality. I have seen where people in various communities (such as council members) have endorsed the violence. It seems there is a faction in this country that wants this to happen, and not just antifa. Some are seeing this as a revolution opportunity to strike back against our country, and believe this country is evil and what we have been must fall.

Deaths are a sad event, especially ones that could have been prevented, and especially ones that are intentional. More death is not the answer. If we don't come together as a nation we will lose our nation.

Just venting I guess. Stay safe everyone and remember we're all part of the human family.

LOL the fact you think that's the case shows your in a bubble man....if the military moves in and attacks a otherwise peaceful protest then the number of people in the streets tomorrow will be even higher, do you really think killing and hurting a bunch of Americans will make Trump look like a hero....
First off, these are not peaceful protests! ..... Second, there are consequences to disobeying the law... up to and including lethal force. You guys act like this is all ok..... Pathetic.

First off, these are not peaceful protests! ..... Second, there are consequences to disobeying the law... up to and including lethal force. You guys act like this is all ok..... Pathetic.

Too bad not enough conservatives felt there were consequences for disobeying the law when trump stepped all over it.

Burning a trashcan doesnt meet the standards for capital punishment or deadly force.

The protest occurring right now in DC are peaceful, they will stay that way until the police move in to try and end it, then it goes bad....I am 100% ok with people gathering and having a peaceful protest.....

Last night in order to get Trump's photo shoot with the upside down backwards bible the police tear gassed and shot rubber bullets at protesters who were SITTING around holding a vigil outside the church Trump wanted his picture taken at....and you guys wonder why protesters then get violent and attack stuff......

Just to be clear are you ok with the military being called in to use lethal force to break up these protest......

I mean, honestly I do have mixed feelings about all this. The officer's murder of the unarmed black man was very horrible. I'm also convinced that this is more of a case of abuse of power than racism, so regardless, I fully support peaceful protesting. I don't see violence on either side as helpful. I think our national and local leadership needs to acknowledge the abuses and seek to address things meaningfully. But I also agree that police forces cannot simply vacate towns to let protesters do whatever they want. Nor do I think the police should lethally or violently (if possible) restrain unruly protestors. Unfortunately, there are exceptions, but as long as grievances aren't adequately addressed, we can't move forward and have less protests. This also means the media should actually do fair reporting on Trump, as I feel they've often shafted him during his administration. Just my thoughts on all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back