• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several of my Facebook friends are doing the whole Black box Tuesday profile pics. To me that's just too much virtue signalling. It's like if us Christians all decided to put cross frames on all our profile pics on social media for Easter or something. I mean, it's great that they're showing support, but they need to actually do less talking and more action (and I DONT mean hurtful actions).

Not even close. I watched the whole thing live. The protests were peaceful and lawful and dispersed only because the president wanted the photo op. They very clearly used tear gas. Not only did I watch several people have to wash their eyes out, other news agencies reported the use of tear gas and rubber bullets. All because the president wanted a photo op with a Bible. Disgusting.
I will take your word on it. I have three articles saying the same thing of together. so here is one https://wtop.com/dc/2020/06/some-cl...gas-in-lafayette-square-but-questions-remain/

But, they are breaking curfew!?!

Yes totally a reason to have a US military helicopter hovering 50 feet over their heads to intimidate them.

Maybe this year if we have a hurricane and they issue a curfew i will go to waffle house and get buzzed by an F15!

It’s just a helicopter it’s not shooting. It’s just flying around I don’t see any harm in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see any sense of having a curfew if you have no ability or intention of enforcing it. I don't know if you need a helicopter or what, but I don't think curfew is a bad idea right now. It's certainly been beneficial in Raleigh. But if it's not enforceable, then what good is it? I guess just risk rioting?

It’s just a helicopter it’s not shooting. It’s just flying around I don’t see any harm in it.

Of course you dont, but if Obama was president and those were people protesting a semi auto ban and Obama called in the military to do this kind of stuff you would flip your lid.....

Yes totally a reason to have a US military helicopter hovering 50 feet over their heads to intimidate them.

Maybe this year if we have a hurricane and they issue a curfew i will go to waffle house and get buzzed by an F15!
First, that was funny. Second, they are breaking the law. The helicopter is being used to make them uncomfortable with its wash and noise. Not to intimidate with its military killing power. *--IMO --* But, they are breaking the law.

8a8fab3642765458d2880cb6e2d1081b.jpg

Moments ago on Facebook

Dr. Fauci is somewhere with his fist balled up like Arthur right now. They were mad at people for
Going to the beach 3 weeks ago, now look..Are we really not worried about the Covid anymore? Man, I’m honestly confused. What is the more immediate threat? Racial injustices or a civilization ending virus? I need to know where to channel my concern right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back