• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how many deaths would it take? How many deaths for you say......damn that's too many?
Hey, buddy, maybe you should be a life insurance salesman?

What's the chance of living to your next birthday, regardless of a rogue China virus going around, when your 87?

Well alrighty. Sounds like he’s in touch with America.
So basically, damn all of the Republicans that are getting crushed by this? The business owners, asset creators, tax payers...screw those people! Biden is a buffoon at best and a total fascist dictator at worst. It doesn't really matter though. In a few more months, he won't even be able to remember his name.

Hey, buddy, maybe you should be a life insurance salesman?

What's the chance of living to your next birthday, regardless of a rogue China virus going around, when your 87?

So? Millions of people live to be 88. My grandmother is 94 and could go at any time at that age but currently there is nothing imminent.

The reality is you all just dont care who dies or how many. Doesnt matter if its kids, middle aged or old.

This should get interesting, the judge is basically telling Barr to hold up since this move is highly suspect given Flynn's previous guilty plea etc...calling out cronyism is awesome....

"U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan said in an order Tuesday that he expects individuals and organizations will seek to intervene in the politically charged case."

So? Millions of people live to be 88. My grandmother is 94 and could go at any time at that age but currently there is nothing imminent.

The reality is you all just dont care who dies or how many. Doesnt matter if its kids, middle aged or old.
No, that's patently false. We want as many to live as possible without jeopardizing the welfare of those that are not threatened by this virus (99.5% of the population). If this was the Spanish Flu, killing the young in the prime of their life, we would definitely have a national emergency. That younger cohort is the life-blood of our nation. Most people don't make it to see 88 or 94 and at that age, and to make it there, they need huge amounts of assistance from the younger cohorts. Again, you must protect the young at the peril of the old. It is life's way. Every animal group does this. Humans are no different in light of this natural law. Whenever you have an enormous number of anything, the small percentages are always very large numbers. You have to stop looking only at the total and look at rates and percentages, too.

And it is awful to watch death take it's stand. I don't want anyone to die. But we must put things in the proper perspective and you fail to do that. It can not be "save everyone at all costs". Society can't afford to do it. We aren't living in a Star Trek episode, where energy is dirt cheap, (heck, even they didn't scipt in eternal human life).

Dude, really? At 94 every day, death is imminent. Your heart only beats so many times, regardless of what you do. Heart failure is imminent for her right now! Go enjoy her company while you can!!!!

Even if it’s not California wouldn’t it be something if Trump won a state. In which he wasn’t expected to or supposed to win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He actually needs that to happen if he wants to be re-elected come November. Remember, there's at least 3 states he won that have been blue for awhile. If enough of them show up who disapprove of him, he's toast. It could go the other way where they vote for him again, but this is an election not as many will turn out for by history.

Well alrighty then. So the recovery % just went from 99.6% to 99.9% for most everyone under 70.
So everyone can stop drinking bleach. Totally kidding and laughing how everyday it’s something new about this virus.

The irony in McConnell going with this line of attack is that he is admitting that Trump NEEDED Obama to tell him how to be president. Speaks volumes doesn't it?

The irony in McConnell going with this line of attack is that he is admitting that Trump NEEDED Obama to tell him how to be president. Speaks volumes doesn't it?

Usually the past President leaves a plan in place for the new President who then comes in and revises the plan for his time in office. That’s my understanding of it.

Usually the past President leaves a plan in place for the new President who then comes in and revises the plan for his time in office. That’s my understanding of it.

They did. They left a pandemic playbook.

So not only is McConnell implying Trump needed Obama to tell him what to do he is lying when he says Obama left them nothing.

To be sure you googled this to verify for yourself what the truth is correct?

Special elections dont often foretell future elections, but I think it's interesting that a Republican is winning the vote count in a democrat disctrict in LA county.

There's a little more nuance to this race. The Cook PVI is even, and though the incumbent is a Democrat, Katie Hill resigned after sexual misconduct allegations, so it's an open seat. In any case, the Republican Garcia is up by 12% with 75% of votes in, so the margin is a little surprising to me. I suppose you could say it could be seen as a good sign for Republicans nationally, especially considering they got massacred in SoCal in the 2018 midterms, although it is ultimately just one race, so we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back