• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t you find it a bit surprising that a lot of the state’s who did not social distancing really had no bad not surge in deaths or hospitalizations. Like Lowe’s has done just fine. Most grocery stores have had no major problems. UPS or shipping companies. List goes on and on. I remember many on here saying how no one was social distancing. All those beach goers never had a major hospitalizations. Disney is fixing to open up. As far as prisons that is incredible that almost no deaths within them.

Most of those states had natural social distancing due to population density.

Social distancing by way of shutdowns has worked. Dont think there is much debate there.

Most of those states had natural social distancing due to population density.

Social distancing by way of shutdowns has worked. Dont think there is much debate there.

Unfortunately, there are numerous folks who vehemently disagree with you. From another BB’s off topic COVID-19 topic:

“I'm not convinced that shut downs have helped. Two items.

Sweden has called on it’s citizens to act responsibly and go about their business. While they have had more cases than their immediate neighbors, they have had far less than most of Europe.

Also, our immunity needs exercise. We need to be exposed to have it, otherwise, we lose it. So when we do get back to something resembling normal, we'll get sick from all the things to which we used to be immune.

So, an argument could be made that the ‘shelter in place’ has not only had no benefits, it may have done more harm, and not just to the economy.”
———————————————————

He’s not convinced about what you said and he’d debate you nonstop. What would you say in response to this?
You want to guess which side of the political aisle he’s on?

Unfortunately, there are numerous folks who vehemently disagree with you. From another BB’s off topic COVID-19 topic:

Sweden has called on it’s citizens to act responsibly and go about their business. While they have had more cases than their immediate neighbors, they have had far less than most of Europe.

Also, our immunity needs exercise. We need to be exposed to have it, otherwise, we lose it. So when we do get back to something resembling normal, we'll get sick from all the things to which we used to be immune.

So, an argument could be made that the ‘shelter in place’ has not only had no benefits, it may have done more harm, and not just to the economy.”
———————————————————

He’s not convinced about what you said and he’d debate you nonstop. What would you say in response to this?
Interesting. I have heard others say it hurts our immune systems by not being out.

Trump can be, and mostly is, a narcissitic jerk at times but my God how can you even consider voting for the guy in that video. I guess I will wait and see if the Libertarians run a decent candidate to vote for

Justin Amash is running for that parties nomination. If he gets it that's who I'll vote for.

———————————————————

I'd point out Sweden has had more deaths than their neighbors and that we dont lose our immune systems like he is suggesting.

One of the biggest Scotus rulings in our nations history imo. This decision on presidential immunity will forever shape our checks and balances.

Trump and Obama we’re gonna have about the same amount of debt coming out of a term if Covid wouldn’t have happened. Trump would’ve had about 4 trillion and Obama had about 4 trillion so even with the tax cuts it didn’t change how much debt we were adding each year.

Yeah, but Trump presided over a booming economy with the lowest unemployment rate in half a century. There’s really no excuse for running such huge deficits during a booming economy. In theory, we should be running slight surpluses in such years so we can afford inevitable deficit spending during recessions, though I know that’s a pipe dream.

I'd point out Sweden has had more deaths than their neighbors and that we dont lose our immune systems like he is suggesting.

Thanks. From that same BB, here’s a different poster’s take after I posted that Dr. Fauci uses science and Dr. Mikovits uses pseudoscience:

“As laymen, how do we distinguish between a ‘scientist’ and a ‘pseudoscientist’? There is no way, a layman, such as myself, can even participate in such a discussion.”

And this poster later says this:

“However, there are some things that will make me question one side immediately….

For example….good data are the basis of all scientific analysis and prediction.

Now take this tidbit of information:

‘MN Sen. and Dr. Jensen said that he received a 7 page document from the MN Department of Health advising him to fill out death certificates with a diagnosis of #COVID-19 whether the person actually died from COVID-19 or not.’ (link available on request)

Since this was published, many doctors have stepped forward and quoted similar orders from above.

‘Science’ stops right here. This is data manipulation…. fraud. This puts our ‘scientists’ immediately into the category of ‘pseudoscience’

The other thing that is quite disturbing….so many doctors have stated their opposition to the stance taken by our government scientists… and their opinions and presentations are quickly removed.

It is no longer possible to have a debate between opposing opinions, as it used to be in the USA that I have admired for so many years.”
——————————————————

Any response to this?

Thanks. From that same BB, here’s a different poster’s take after I posted that Dr. Fauci uses science and Dr. Mikovits uses pseudoscience:

“As laymen, how do we distinguish between a ‘scientist’ and a ‘pseudoscientist’? There is no way, a layman, such as myself, can even participate in such a discussion.”

And this poster later says this:

“However, there are some things that will make me question one side immediately….

For example….good data are the basis of all scientific analysis and prediction.

Now take this tidbit of information:

‘MN Sen. and Dr. Jensen said that he received a 7 page document from the MN Department of Health advising him to fill out death certificates with a diagnosis of #COVID-19 whether the person actually died from COVID-19 or not.’ (link available on request)

Since this was published, many doctors have stepped forward and quoted similar orders from above.

‘Science’ stops right here. This is data manipulation…. fraud. This puts our ‘scientists’ immediately into the category of ‘pseudoscience’

The other thing that is quite disturbing….so many doctors have stated their opposition to the stance taken by our government scientists… and their opinions and presentations are quickly removed.

It is no longer possible to have a debate between opposing opinions, as it used to be in the USA that I have admired for so many years.”
——————————————————

Any response to this?

Yeah the individual is begging for confirmation biased "opinions". He wants 1 outcome and that's for this to be a fake event. To that i will post a Facebook meme.

Attachments

• 20200422_193627.jpg
    20200422_193627.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 13
Read and research. You dont lose your immune system like that.
I do believe our immune system does get weaker by not being out in every day life. As we all know there is good bacteria. Also I believe the use of all this sanitizer will eventually lead to it not being as effective. Just like certain bacterial infections are resistant to certain antibiotics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back