• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump is raising the deficit faster than ANY other president....I agree though its not going to be any different under a Dem the point is though that is is suppose to be different under a Rep president and that has not been the case in a long while....
They don't really even try all that hard to pretend to be different anymore. We've all gotten so used to the word Trillions that we've lost all sense of the importance of fiscal responsibility. It's like that concept is magically worthless now. Let's just spend as much as we can as long as we can as fast as we can, since there appear to be no consequences for it.

Then surely you were against Trumps tax breaks? I mean they added tons to the debt because he cut taxes while extended the debt ceiling so we were already expanding debt at a faster rate than under Obama.
Trump and Obama we’re gonna have about the same amount of debt coming out of a term if Covid wouldn’t have happened. Trump would’ve had about 4 trillion and Obama had about 4 trillion so even with the tax cuts it didn’t change how much debt we were adding each year.

Hordes of child slaves- check
Starving fathers murdering their neighbors over food- check
WWIII- check
Realeased prisoners rioting-check

Yet we are the ones living in fear. Sigh
All these are possible. Actually in some countries some of these are already. Children being kidnapped and sold into slavery was already on the uptick across the world before this virus. Do you really think it has not increased in places like South America and Mexico to European nations? In Italy and Mexico and South America the mafia and cartels are running the show. You act like America is invincible. Shaggy we are just now starting this economic impact. Did you see this much unemployment when this started? The way world economies are hemorrhaging money and govts spending money. It won’t take much to descend into chaos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump is raising the deficit faster than ANY other president....I agree though its not going to be any different under a Dem the point is though that is is suppose to be different under a Rep president and that has not been the case in a long while....
It’s both parties but it’s 3 dems wanting time give everyone $2k a month this time.

All these are possible. Actually in some countries some of these are already. Children being kidnapped and sold into slavery was already on the uptick across the world before this virus. Do you really think it has not increased in places like South America and Mexico to European nations? In Italy and Mexico and South America the mafia and cartels are running the show. You act like America is invincible. Shaggy we are just now starting this economic impact. Did you see this much unemployment when this started? The way world economies are hemorrhaging money and govts spending money. It won’t take much to descend into chaos.

I thought it could have been worse actually. @Rain Cold and i were on ampol in January warning people not to listen to what was being said but what those nations ahead of us were doing. Full lockdowns began across Asia with full economies shutting down. People literally welded into their homes. Dirt piled up across interstates to keep people from leaving their towns.

If that had happened here then these half ass shutdowns would look great when judging unemployment.

Last edited:
Anyone that thinks world war drums are not starting to beat and getting louder are not paying attention. China threatening Australia and not allowing investigators is only fueling the tensions. Plus you have Russia helping Venezuela. Oil wars. Economies under great stress. More outbreaks in Europe and SK. Longer this virus goes on the more anger and hostility towards China it will become.

So I have been diagnosed as mentally sick. Obsessed with death. Trumpster. Dumb. Now I have TDS. Thank you for showing me I’m not a sheeple of the liberals!

Nobody said you're dumb. Nobody has said you're mentally sick. Obsessed with death is inaccurate I would say cavalier or nonchalant about other peoples risk of death......trumpeter and TDS are good!!!! :cool:

Anyone that thinks world war drums are not starting to beat and getting louder are not paying attention. China threatening Australia and not allowing investigators is only fueling the tensions. Plus you have Russia helping Venezuela. Oil wars. Economies under great stress. More outbreaks in Europe and SK. Longer this virus goes on the more anger and hostility towards China it will become.
Kinda feels that way doesn't it

This is the kind of stuff the PROVES beyond a doubt that everyone knew what was coming and the Trump admin just blew it, anyone still think they did a good job preparing and handling this......oh thats right the entire month of Feb Trump told us over and over it no big deal everything is fine its going away, in the mean time people were sending emails in LATE JAN that we were in deep ----......heck this guy told the government he could make millions of N95 mask for them and they told him no thanks.....my wife's doctor office still to this day cant get them in any decent numbers bad reuses mask....

“We still have four like-new N95 manufacturing lines,” Bowen wrote that day in an email to top administrators in the Department of Health and Human Services. “Reactivating these machines would be very difficult and very expensive but could be achieved in a dire situation.”

But communications over several days with senior agency officials — including Robert Kadlec, the assistant secretary for preparedness and emergency response — left Bowen with the clear impression that there was little immediate interest in his offer.

“I don’t believe we as an government are anywhere near answering those questions for you yet,” Laura Wolf, director of the agency’s Division of Critical Infrastructure Protection, responded that same day.

Bowen persisted.

“We are the last major domestic mask company,” he wrote on Jan. 23. “My phones are ringing now, so I don’t ‘need’ government business. I’m just letting you know that I can help you preserve our infrastructure if things ever get really bad. I’m a patriot first, businessman second.”

In the end, the government did not take Bowen up on his offer. Even today, production lines that could be making more than 7 million masks a month sit dormant.

Emails show Bright pressed Kadlec and other agency leaders on the issue of mask shortages — and Bowen’s proposal specifically — to no avail. On Jan. 26, Bright wrote to a deputy that Bowen’s warnings “seem to be falling on deaf ears.”

That day, Bowen sent Bright a more direct warning.

“U.S. mask supply is at imminent risk,” he wrote. “Rick, I think we’re in deep s---,” he wrote a day later.

This is the kind of stuff the PROVES beyond a doubt that everyone knew what was coming and the Trump admin just blew it, anyone still think they did a good job preparing and handling this......oh thats right the entire month of Feb Trump told us over and over it no big deal everything is fine its going away, in the mean time people were sending emails in LATE JAN that we were in deep poop......heck this guy told the government he could make millions of N95 mask for them and they told him no thanks.....my wife's doctor office still to this day cant get them in any decent numbers bad reuses mask....

“We still have four like-new N95 manufacturing lines,” Bowen wrote that day in an email to top administrators in the Department of Health and Human Services. “Reactivating these machines would be very difficult and very expensive but could be achieved in a dire situation.”

But communications over several days with senior agency officials — including Robert Kadlec, the assistant secretary for preparedness and emergency response — left Bowen with the clear impression that there was little immediate interest in his offer.

“I don’t believe we as an government are anywhere near answering those questions for you yet,” Laura Wolf, director of the agency’s Division of Critical Infrastructure Protection, responded that same day.

Bowen persisted.

“We are the last major domestic mask company,” he wrote on Jan. 23. “My phones are ringing now, so I don’t ‘need’ government business. I’m just letting you know that I can help you preserve our infrastructure if things ever get really bad. I’m a patriot first, businessman second.”

In the end, the government did not take Bowen up on his offer. Even today, production lines that could be making more than 7 million masks a month sit dormant.

Emails show Bright pressed Kadlec and other agency leaders on the issue of mask shortages — and Bowen’s proposal specifically — to no avail. On Jan. 26, Bright wrote to a deputy that Bowen’s warnings “seem to be falling on deaf ears.”

That day, Bowen sent Bright a more direct warning.

“U.S. mask supply is at imminent risk,” he wrote. “Rick, I think we’re in deep s---,” he wrote a day later.
Well it really is not that bad. Yes 76k have lost there lives but not nearly what was predicted. Now was it the shut down that helped. I say it did some but also I say it was an overreaction. Looking at the amount of people that have been exposed and the death rate seems it’s not anything like predicted. Is it the warmer wx? Is it herd immunity? Who knows. I know several that had it and others that know others that had it. ALL recovered fine. We should have shut down the hotspots instead of the whole country. Now we are facing a bigger issue with the economy. So yes Trump made some mistakes. He should have shut down just the hotspots.

Well it really is not that bad. Yes 76k have lost there lives but not nearly what was predicted. Now was it the shut down that helped. I say it did some but also I say it was an overreaction. Looking at the amount of people that have been exposed and the death rate seems it’s not anything like predicted. Is it the warmer wx? Is it herd immunity? Who knows. I know several that had it and others that know others that had it. ALL recovered fine. We should have shut down the hotspots instead of the whole country. Now we are facing a bigger issue with the economy. So yes Trump made some mistakes. He should have shut down just the hotspots.

Lord Jesus......are you trolling now or what?

.President Trump torched Democrat Adam Schiff for gleefully pushing the Russia collusion hoax and gaslighting the world for four years by falsely claiming there was evidence to support that and the malicious persecution of Lieutenant General Michael Flynn.Newly-released transcripts now prove that the Obama FBI and other top Obama officials had admitted under oath that there was no evidence of Russia collusion — nor was there any evidence to prosecute former National Security Adviser Flynn.Congressman Adam Schiff, an attorney, is the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee. He knew for the past four years that Democrats and Obama holdovers in the FBI lied to Americans, but he continued to push the false anti-Trump narrative during countless TV interviews on CNN and MSNBC.At a round-table discussion with several members of Congress Friday, Trump expressed disgust that Democrats had shamelessly lied to the world about the Russia hoax and cheerfully destroyed the career and life of three-star Lieutenant General Michael Flynn. Why? It was all part of the left’s ruthless power grab and coup attempt against a sitting United States president.“This is a corrupt deal, and we caught them cold,” President Trump said. “Tremendous dishonesty from Schiff and others. These are not stupid people. They know it was a hoax. They know better than anyone in this room that it was a hoax. They set it up. I watched Shifty Schiff [lie to the American people on TV]. Nine inches around the neck.”

Report AdvertisementTrump continued: “I watch this guy, he uses the world’s smallest collar. But I watched him and he acts so aggrieved. He knows it was [a hoax]. He got caught! If he weren’t in the halls of Congress, he’d be in jail because he made up phony stories and phony speeches. He’s a sick, sick man and he’s a corrupt politician.”(Source: Fox 10 Phoenix)The president said the Democrats arrogantly tried to stage their failed coup because “they’ve gotten away with it for so long prior to us, during Obama’s eight years.”However, in typical Trumpian fashion, the President said he’s going to keep charging forward. “A lot of bad things went on, but all we can do is keep winning,” he said.

At one point during the round table discussion, President Trump slammed the “fake news” for their collective gaslighting of the American people with their nonstop lies.Trump then praised Congressman Devin Nunes, who called out the Left’s malicious lies from the beginning. Despite being relentlessly attacked by Democrats and their media minions, Nunes continued to speak out.

Trump said to Congressman Nunes: “You deserve a medal. You deserve the equivalent of Pulitzer Prizes. They ought to take the Pulitzer Prizes from all these phony fake news ‘journalists’ that got a Pulitzer Prize [for their fake news reporting].
They were wrong and now they’ve been proven wrong.”
At that point, Congressman Dan Crenshaw cracked up laughing (see video starting at 35 seconds in) at the president’s brutal smackdown of the fake-news media.
In 2018, the New York Times and the Washington Post were awarded joint Pulitzer Prizes for their coverage of the Russia collusion hoax. President Trump said now that the Russia collusion narrative has totally imploded, the fake news media should return

No I’m not trolling. What makes you say that because my opinions don’t go along with yours?
The shutdown did at least 90% of the mitigation of the death toll. Herd immunity is clearly not responsible for that much, the weather isn't either as it's spread in nations that have much warmer temps than the US has been in lately. Also for the record, the whole nation didn't ever shut down. Parts were shut down accordingly and governors made their decisions accordingly, some poorer ones than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back