• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me also add that just because I affirm "traditional marriage", I should not be labeled a bigot, homophobe or an enemy of the state. I simply believe that God designed marriage to be between a man and a woman and that human flourishing results when people follow God's design. This has been the teaching of orthodox Christianity for ~2,000 years. It's absolutely insane that somehow--virtually overnight--those who hold such a view could be punished by the government.
Preach! Oh wait....you don't go past 12 do you? ?

As some of you know, I am a pastor and I am both theologically and politically conservative. You also know that I have no love for our president, and I grimace every time evangelicals hold him up as “the chosen one” or whatever. But, Beto’s comments and the general radical trajectory of the left is precisely why so many Christians have no qualms supporting Trump. When people wonder why some can vote for Trump, all they need to do is look at Democrats from the other night to find out why.

By the way, below is a great article explaining how devastating Beto’s plan would be:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/10/beto-orourkes-pluralism-failure/599953/
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/10/beto-orourkes-pluralism-failure/599953/

Some of those reasons are why I like Trump. He has been a defender of Christianity, and Israel. He also doesn't back down from that stance, or allow the media, AOC and those other leftists to bash it without pushback.

It's amazing how things have changed in the last ten years, we went from it being normal for mainstream politicians to oppose gay marriage to people being declared bigots by holding such "radical" views as there only being two genders or that prepubescent children shouldn't be paraded around as drag queens.

The recent LGBT town hall is a warning of things to come imo.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

As some of you know, I am a pastor and I am both theologically and politically conservative. You also know that I have no love for our president, and I grimace every time evangelicals hold him up as “the chosen one” or whatever. But, Beto’s comments and the general radical trajectory of the left is precisely why so many Christians have no qualms supporting Trump. When people wonder why some can vote for Trump, all they need to do is look at Democrats from the other night to find out why.

By the way, below is a great article explaining how devastating Beto’s plan would be:

I swear its on purpose. Everytime and mean everytime they seem to have Trump off somewhat, they open their mouths. Warren's little childish verbal slap was dumb enough, but leave it to Beto to drive the bus off the cliff. What an idiot. He just gave Trump an early Christmas present that will last. I dont know in what way he thought that comment would help.

I bet you, if not in my lifetime, in my children's lifetime, pastors will be arrested for calling homosexuality a sin or preaching sanctity of life, opposing abortion. It's closer than we think

Edit: Its really why the two topics cross paths often and are not mutually exclusive.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Okay come on, this is just dumb. This isn't going to happen in your lifetime or mine.

Okay, but why not support a Republican other than Trump? Do the ends justify the means?

Okay come on, this is just dumb. This isn't going to happen in your lifetime or mine.
Beto wants to strip tax exempt status from institutions, including churches, if they do not support gay marriage. I'm considered a bigot or homophobe if I don't support it, I'm considered misogynistic if I oppose abortion, I'm labeled a "terrorist" because I support the 2nd amendment and am a member of the NRA..... yet my comments were dumb, ok.

Do I need to remind you of the baker who refused to bake a cake for a gay wedding, or how NYC wants to issue $250k for using the term "illegal alien", how Christians are ridiculed daily and considered "extremist" by many on the left.... don't think for a second the escalation has ceased.

Last edited:

New York City passed a law that will fine or jail people for saying "Illegal Alien". Now ofcourse it will die in court, but it shows intent.

Everyone said Christians were overreacting when they said people would lose jobs, businesses would be targeted and the government would come after churches for tax exempt status when Gay marriage was legalized.

What has happened? People have lost jobs, businesses has been targeted and now we have a presidential candidate say he would go after tax exempt status. I said years ago about how this issue would be the government's golden ticket to get into the coffers of the Church.

You may think we are crazy, but jailing people for "inflammatory hate speach" is the next logical step.

Beto wants to strip tax exempt status from institutions, including churches, if they do not support gay marriage. I'm considered a bigot or homophobe if I don't support it, I'm considered misogynistic if I oppose abortion, I'm labeled a "terrorist" because I support the 2nd amendment and am a member of the NRA..... yet my comments were dumb, ok.

Do I need to remind you of the baker who refused to bake a cake for a gay wedding, or how NYC wants to issue $250k for using the term "illegal alien", how Christians are ridiculed daily and considered "extremist" by many on the left.... don't think for a second the escalation has ceased.

Why are churches tax exempt? What if a baker refused to bake for Christians? You are a bigot and homophobe if you deny people the right to love and live with whoever they want

Why are churches tax exempt? What if a baker refused to bake for Christians? You are a bigot and homophobe if you deny people the right to love and live with whoever they want

Because churches run on donations that are from the paychecks of people that are already taxed.

As far as denying someone the right to love or live where they want, Id like to see some evidence of it happening.

If a baker refused to serve Christians, well for one thing they would go out of business very quickly depending on the area. And I would just go to another bakery, the way I see it if businesses want to commit suicide by refusing to serve a demographic then they should be free to (to a certain extent)

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Beto's polling is 2%. He's in like 7th place. Candidates that are that far behind tend to go into desperation mode.

There's a hell of a lot going on right now politically than just Beto at the moment. He's a red herring. Don't fall for it. ;)

New York City passed a law that will fine or jail people for saying "Illegal Alien". Now ofcourse it will die in court, but it shows intent.

Everyone said Christians were overreacting when they said people would lose jobs, businesses would be targeted and the government would come after churches for tax exempt status when Gay marriage was legalized.

What has happened? People have lost jobs, businesses has been targeted and now we have a presidential candidate say he would go after tax exempt status. I said years ago about how this issue would be the government's golden ticket to get into the coffers of the Church.

You may think we are crazy, but jailing people for "inflammatory hate speach" is the next logical step.
Jailing people for inflammatory hate speech is not the next logical step for making actual discrimination a crime.

Jailing people for inflammatory hate speech is not the next logical step for making actual discrimination a crime.

I disagree, making discrimination a crime is much harder than hate speech. By using the hate speech angle you can say that they are putting people in danger by what they are saying. Which will lead to the need to have those people punished to stop it.

I disagree, making discrimination a crime is much harder than hate speech. By using the hate speech angle you can say that they are putting people in danger by what they are saying. Which will lead to the need to have those people punished to stop it.

I think we all have been called names of some sort in our recent history. I fully support people's rights to say whatever it is. If you criminalize speech in any facet, who is going to say what is hate, and to what extent? As we have seen, "anything" can be "hate speech". I don't trust any form of the government being the czar and determining what speech is considered "hate".

So your a pastor and have no love for our President?

I think we all have been called names of some sort in our recent history. I fully support people's rights to say whatever it is. If you criminalize speech in any facet, who is going to say what is hate, and to what extent? As we have seen, "anything" can be "hate speech". I don't trust any form of the government being the czar and determining what speech is considered "hate".
trump wants to be the czar, emperor or dictator!

trump wants to be the czar, emperor or dictator!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back