• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the epitome of why our own people are failing us. Matthew, It's great that you think and feel you may not contract the virus, but you aren't aware of the repercussions that effect more than just yourself. If you were to come into contact with the virus and become asymptomatic and continue to spread it, you could easily kill someone.

Where did the "We stand as one" attitude go after 9/11? I remember everyone in solidarity as one nation mourning our lost, but now because we can't go to Texas Roadhouse we simply don't care for one another? Listen to your officials and just stay home, regardless of your political stance or view on the handling of the virus. I work at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, where most of the Coronavirus cases have been centered. I'm doing my part, and as a healthcare professional I'm asking you to do yours...
I understand what your saying but my job is essential. Everyone I’m around it’s their choice to be out. I don’t intentionally go close to higher risk individuals. I’m not looking to spread the virus. I’m doing my job and doing my part to take care of my family.

I don’t agree with berating her at all. I do find it ironic she’s a nurse and not wearing a mask? Yet wait these health care workers have been exposed to the virus and are probably likely to be asymptomatic. They have higher chances of carrying the virus than most public. Yet they could get it by being in public protesting also. Then if they get it they take it back to the hospitals. Brilliant! So yes the protesting from the public I don’t agree with but there protest from the health care workers is even more ridiculous. So both are idiots.
Something else to consider. The health care workers could be carriers also. They take it to the grocery stores and wherever they go. Again we will all be exposed to it eventually if have not already.
Only way to completely shut down spreading is complete total lock down. No one leaves their homes. Not even essentials. Essentials get to their jobs and stay till it’s over.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t agree with berating her at all. I do find it ironic she’s a nurse and not wearing a mask? Yet wait these health care workers have been exposed to the virus and are probably likely to be asymptomatic. They have higher chances of carrying the virus than most public. Yet they could get it by being in public protesting also. Then if they get it they take it back to the hospitals. Brilliant! So yes the protesting from the public I don’t agree with but there protest from the health care workers is even more ridiculous. So both are idiots.
Something else to consider. The health care workers could be carriers also. They take it to the grocery stores and wherever they go. Again we will all be exposed to it eventually if have not already.
Only way to completely shut down spreading is complete total lock down. No one leaves their homes. Not even essentials. Essentials get to their jobs and stay till it’s over.

Believe me, many essential workers in low wage positions feel like they are being held hostage as they don't have the option of staying home. If they do, they starve or don't make rent and likely lose their job. They are not given paid leave and are forced to be at high risk of contracting COVID-19. Just yesterday 3 Fresh Market workers were confirmed positive in Southern Pines. Since they are low wage, most don't have access to healthcare they can afford either. It is an absolute mess.

Something that is funny is that Trump supported what Kemp chose to do until we saw all of the awful media backlash.

Another funny is my mom felt a lot better when Trump flip flopped and the flip flop was heard about (she only heard about what was said after the flip flop).

Believe me, many essential workers in low wage positions feel like they are being held hostage as they don't have the option of staying home. If they do, they starve or don't make rent and likely lose their job. They are not given paid leave and are forced to be at high risk of contracting COVID-19. Just yesterday 3 Fresh Market workers were confirmed positive in Southern Pines. Since they are low wage, most don't have access to healthcare they can afford either. It is an absolute mess.
Agree it is a mess and only going to get worse if we don’t at least try to open some of the economy. With a possible wave again that could be worse in fall and winter. This whole situation sucks.

I could see a world war start. With economies collapsing and nations angry towards China. China acts like they want a war. This all started when a trade war with China was happening. Now they want to blame us. China is a sick nation with a communist leading govt. that has no morals and sacrifices it’s people and children all the time. I can see them sacrificing a million of their people to start a possible war. They just locked down another city of 11 million yesterday because apparently a student from NY returned there and has infected 70 people. More blaming us.

Honestly I think NC should quarantine anyone who comes in from states like GA that open too soon. Anyway McConnell was absolutely eviscerated today by Cuomo and it was beautiful to watch:

Cannot believe the idiot opened things up this quick, heard mid June was the time to do it.

Cannot believe the idiot opened things up this quick, heard mid June was the time to do it.
I understand the worries of opening to soon but economically there is no way any state can wait till mid June. We are already at depression levels for unemployment. If states wait till June it will be 40-50 million on unemployment. We have 26 million just in a months time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back