• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Gov Kemp trying his best to be a laughingstock?? He wants bowling alleys, massage parlors, tattoo parlors, barbers, and nail salons to open on Friday? What is he smoking? Is this really The Onion? I mean that’s a who’s who of the most dangerous places to spread germs.

Moreover, there’s no indication that GA is improving based on the daily stats:

Today in GA had 86 deaths, the worst day yet!

This doesn’t look like a definite top to me as this past Thu-Mon, combined, was by a large margin the highest for both new cases and new deaths for any Thu-Mon yet. The # of new cases was ~4,000 vs ~3,400 the prior Thu-Mon. The # of new deaths was 199 vs only 111 the prior Thu-Mon.

What the heck is going on here??

And get this: he said local officials can’t overrule. OMG!

People still have to get to work... All you naysayers want our country to open back up... You all can't have it both ways.
That’s what I’m saying. If he does not want any deaths at all then everyone in his state should not be out at all. Either way let’s just focus on forward. States are opening up and let’s just try and be positive about maybe this virus is burning out or maybe herd immunity is already taking effect. If an individual is still worried about the virus no one is making them get out. They can keep their loved ones at home and let the others Spread herd immunity the ones that want to be out and about.

That's interesting. Haven't had a problem but fda and customs have stepped up regulations on non air bridge companies bringing in ppe because the counterfeit market is so big
The feds have been confiscating PPE that hospitals and states have been trying to bring in as they were told they were on their own to get stuff. How is it ok for the Feds to keep doing that?

political donations

This man, who earlier admitted to not realizing the virus can spread before symptoms appear and acting later than he should have, now does this with the numbers still getting worse? He’s not even following the Trump Task Force guidelines of first showing improvement over a 14 day period before starting to lift restrictions.

Is Gov Kemp trying his best to be a laughingstock?? He wants bowling alleys, massage parlors, tattoo parlors, barbers, and nail salons to open on Friday? What is he smoking? Is this really The Onion? I mean that’s a who’s who of the most dangerous places to spread germs.

This doesn’t look like a definite top to me as this past Thu-Mon, combined, was by a large margin the highest for both new cases and new deaths for any Thu-Mon yet. The # of new cases was ~4,000 vs ~3,400 the prior Thu-Mon. The # of new deaths was 199 vs only 111 the prior Thu-Mon.

Ive seen that Monday’s are usually bad because of the bad weekend reporting. Let’s see what tues And wed look like.

yeah, I didn't mean open up all at once. But we can certainly afford to loosen some of the restrictions--and then see what happens.

The equipment I operate has controls down fractions of a second. I can control every conveyor and section using Feet per second controls. Every adjustment has it's intended consequence and unintended consequences. I speed up one conveyor it effects the down range operation.

My point is that when I need to make adjustments I make them incrementally and with very controlled steps. If I think I need to add 30 fps I start by raising it 10fps and then I observe the downrange consequences. If all works well I raise it again. All the while being ready to react to the downrange problems if tbey pop up.

I believe this is how the reopen should work. Reopen a little and observe.

Ive seen that Monday’s are usually bad because of the bad weekend reporting. Let’s see what tues And wed look like.

But compared to previous Mondays and previous any days, today had the most deaths and the last five days were the worst THU-MON yet by 600 cases and 88 deaths! Kemp is ignoring the guidelines!

And he’s opening tattoo parlors? Massage parlors? Bowling alleys?

I don’t see it happening, but wouldn’t it be something/ironic if Trump were to overrule him and tell Kemp he’s going too far too fast? He’d actually gain some respect from me if he were to do this.

But compared to previous Mondays and previous any days, today had the most deaths and the last five days were the worst THU-MON yet by 600 cases and 88 deaths! Kemp is ignoring the guidelines!

I don’t see it happening, but wouldn’t it be something/ironic if Trump were to overrule him?
Hospitalizations appear to be leveling off, though.

I will say that Georgia cases were very likely going to start skyrocketing pretty soon regardless based off another tidbit that I had heard about today. Although some areas are doing a better job because of their hospitals (which is why I tend to believe that the Augusta area and areas close are probably closer to accurate than you'd think), others still weren't testing a lot. And it sounds like just NOW that the testing is going to begin really ramping up.

If my theory is right, it might have taken much, much longer than even what I was targeting for if you actually were going to follow guidelines (which I do still think are fair guidelines). I was looking to start opening businesses with social distancing a little over 3 weeks from now.

I will say that Georgia cases were very likely going to start skyrocketing pretty soon regardless based off another tidbit that I had heard about today. Although some areas are doing a better job because of their hospitals (which is why I tend to believe that the Augusta area and areas close are probably closer to accurate than you'd think), others still weren't testing a lot. And it sounds like just NOW that the testing is going to begin really ramping up.

If my theory is right, it might have taken much, much longer than even what I was targeting for if you actually were going to follow guidelines (which I do still think are fair guidelines). I was looking to start opening businesses with social distancing a little over 3 weeks from now.
People need to eat, pay their rent and other necessities. They can’t wait three more weeks. That’s why Kemp is opening everything up ASAP.

The feds have been confiscating PPE that hospitals and states have been trying to bring in as they were told they were on their own to get stuff. How is it ok for the Feds to keep doing that?
I guess under the DPA they can and redistribute where they think its needed. I had only heard in passing of the feds dipping their hands in the cookie jar at suppliers warehouses not on existing shipments. Now I'm worried about my inbound ppe.

I understand what you are saying but those are privately owned business that need business to survive. Most businesses that have applied for loans are already out of paying their employees. I’m sure the states emergency funds are near depleted. The govt can’t just keep printing money. It’s a no win situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand what you are saying but those are privately owned business that need business to survive. Most businesses that have applied for loans are already out of paying their employees. I’m sure the states emergency funds are near depleted. The govt can’t just keep printing money. It’s a no win situation.

Let’s open up and see what happens. My guess we survive. Can’t please everybody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back